Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

NMpackalum

Got a 30 percent premium increase on health insurance.

3 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

Equivalent training.

Why would they do what's best for anyone besides themselves?  They're already subsidizing the world's drugs, so you want them to be subsidized in another country and then be able to import medications from a subsidized country in to the only country where they can actually make money?  Sounds like a great play on their part. 

Why would we take insurance from other countries?  Why would other countries take our insurance?

Equivalent training?  I know that isn't true.  Non US citizens and US citizens at the same med school have a different path.

1 hour ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

It's pretty audacious to be so irrefutably proven wrong for all to see and still claim to be right. You're a special kind of stupid. Go ahead and ignore the facts, you obviously can't be intellectually honest anyway. We're all laughing at you.

@thelawlorfaithful is the equivalent of the anti global warming crowd working for Big Oil. Given I have posted 4-5 studies all stating Pharma as the fastest growing component of healthcare among products and services (not channels), your protestations ring as valid as the Big Oil crowd. 

5 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

@thelawlorfaithful is the equivalent of the anti global warming crowd working for Big Oil. Given I have posted 4-5 studies all stating Pharma as the fastest growing component of healthcare among products and services (not channels), your protestations ring as valid as the Big Oil crowd. 

You are a dishonest person.

6 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

You are a dishonest person.

For what posting links??    You are free to post your own smart ass.   Here is another that shows 5 year CAGR for all products and services.  Again pharmaceuticals leads the pack.  No other health-care product or services sector comes close.   

http://pages.stern.nyu.edu/~adamodar/New_Home_Page/datafile/histgr.html

30 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

You two keep acting like dicks and I will keep posting links that supports prescription drugs are the fastest growing costs in healthcare.  I haven't posted an opinion yet other than my thoughts on you personally. 

http://www.milliman.com/uploadedFiles/insight/Periodicals/mmi/2017-milliman-medical-index.pdf

I posted the numbers straight from the government on health expenditures, you twat. But maybe Milliman.com and pcw.com know better than they do. What, did shadowstats.com not have an opinion? I don't normally attack another poster, its not my style. But blues is right, you have proven time and again you are too stupid to understand what is being discussed. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

21 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I posted the numbers straight from the government on health expenditures, you twat. But maybe Milliman.com and pcw.com know better than they do. What, did shadowstats.com not have an opinion? I don't normally attack another poster, its not my style. But blues is right, you have proven time and again you are too stupid to understand what is being discussed. 

Here is my issue with you....  attached is an inclusive list of products and services and their 5 year CAGR.

On if you have Drugs Biotech, Drugs Pharma, Healthcare Products, Healthcare Support Services, Hospitals / Healthcare Facilities.  But not a single blanking line that says Medicare.  Why because MEDICARE is not a product or service it is a channel for delivering healthcare related products and services.. So comparing Medicare❜s growth rate is orthogonal to pharmaceutical growth rates.. It should be compared to other channels like self insurance, all of which consume healthcare products and services.

BUT, you already know this fact because your smart and knowledgeable.  Regardless, you compared MEDICARE and drug costs growth rates anyway because some stupid NIH staffer incorrectly grouped them in the wrong memo and you knowing took advantage of it to hide an unpleasant point..  If you did this accidentally then I apologize for the next paragraph.. But I think you are far too smart and knew exactly what you were doing.

You are so much more concerned about the health of your drug industry then the American people that you will use your intellect and debating skills to obfuscate a point rather than help people understand the issues.. I find those behaviors contemptable.  It's not fair to call you contemptible because I don't really know you, but your behavior around this issue doesn't reflect kindly on you.. 

4 minutes ago, sactowndog said:

Here is my issue with you....  attached is an inclusive list of products and services and their 5 year CAGR.

On if you have Drugs Biotech, Drugs Pharma, Healthcare Products, Healthcare Support Services, Hospitals / Healthcare Facilities.  But not a single blanking line that says Medicare.  Why because MEDICARE is not a product or service it is a channel for delivering healthcare related products and services.. So comparing Medicare❜s growth rate is orthogonal to pharmaceutical growth rates.. It should be compared to other channels like self insurance, all of which consume healthcare products and services.

BUT, you already know this fact because your smart and knowledgeable.  Regardless, you compared MEDICARE and drug costs growth rates anyway because some stupid NIH staffer incorrectly grouped them in the wrong memo and you knowing took advantage of it to hide an unpleasant point..  If you did this accidentally then I apologize for the next paragraph.. But I think you are far too smart and knew exactly what you were doing.

You are so much more concerned about the health of your drug industry then the American people that you will use your intellect and debating skills to obfuscate a point rather than help people understand the issues.. I find those behaviors contemptable.  It's not fair to call you contemptible because I don't really know you, but your behavior around this issue doesn't reflect kindly on you.. 

uprights2.gif?w=360&h=360

:digging:

If only we could just remove all the national health expenditure data that proved you wrong, you'd be right. That's the ticket.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

For what posting links??    You are free to post your own smart ass.   Here is another that shows 5 year CAGR for all products and services.  Again pharmaceuticals leads the pack.  No other health-care product or services sector comes close.   

You have proven you don't even understand what you post.  

You are not worth the time, every claim you have made has been shown to be false or misleading. 

9 hours ago, Akkula said:

There are a lot of special interests who love to restrict supply and international competition to keep high earnings in the medical industry.  Why is it so hard for doctors from other countries to practice in the USA?  Why don't we allow international drug price competition?  Why doesn't Medicare and Medicaid work abroad?  A lot of fake conservatives who extol the free market love their Bloomberg nanny state when they can boost profits for the rich.   I bet blue collar workers wish their special interests were as powerful as these white collar protectionists.

You are clueless.

At least 80% of the doctors working in rural Nevada are from other countries.  That is all we can get.  Americans aren't stupid enough to get into medicine to make shit money and work your ass off.

1 hour ago, sactowndog said:

Equivalent training?  I know that isn't true.  Non US citizens and US citizens at the same med school have a different path.

I don't think you are correct. It's very difficult to get into a US med school if you are a foreign student and the majority of those are canadian. If you get in and are a legal, you stay in the same track as everyone else. Foreign meds grads also have a difficult time getting residencies except in fields that don't fill all their slots. And again, they have the same duties. Even older practicing foreign doctors generally have to do more training often repeating residencies and fellowships. Many are on J1 visas so there are special employment responsibilities for their employers like in every other field. Many of them are very accomplished but JBauer is right, it's very difficult to prove their training equivalency. Blues is right, FMGs on J1 visas are often the only docs many coomunities can get especially in internal medicine specialties.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

I just don't think you have a good understanding of what really is increasing health care costs.  You've decided it's pharmacy stuff, and that's your focus, which is fine.  Medications aren't really the reason why we have high health care costs.  The grand majority of medications are inexpensive, most common conditions are treated by cheap generic prescriptions.  The number of inexpensive generics grows with each passing year.  Increased administration in hospitals and clinics despite static numbers or providers, regulations by the government,  malpractice/defensive medicine, and lack of competition/options are why health care costs continue to grow.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/health-care-premiums-rising-obamacare/story?id=43047190

Complicating forecasts is the fact that patients who are in the top 5 percent of health care spending account for 49 percent of health care expenditures, according to the Kaiser Family Foundation. Additionally, when people with illnesses know that they will need more health care, they have a tendency to buy more comprehensive health insurance.

In many countries the care is rationed and these people just die or go without care.  They get treated more of the time here.

2 hours ago, sactowndog said:

Geez, man.  Are you really going to argue this with people who do this with all their time at work?  We've had guys here who do well in their own country and haven't even seen the most basic of disease states due to lack of diagnostic equipment, lack of funding, and lack of training in their native country.  There's a reason many often have to repeat residencies.  

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 hours ago, sactowndog said:

"Aliens" have different anatomy than us Americans LOL

Posted Image

2 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I don't think you are correct. It's very difficult to get into a US med school if you are a foreign student and the majority of those are canadian. If you get in and are a legal, you stay in the same track as everyone else. Foreign meds grads also have a difficult time getting residencies except in fields that don't fill all their slots. And again, they have the same duties. Even older practicing foreign doctors generally have to do more training often repeating residencies and fellowships. Many are on J1 visas so there are special employment responsibilities for their employers like in every other field. Many of them are very accomplished but JBauer is right, it's very difficult to prove their training equivalency. Blues is right, FMGs on J1 visas are often the only docs many coomunities can get especially in internal medicine specialties.

I have heard a lot of foreign practicing doctors having to become cab drivers because the medical establishment gives them few practical paths to licensure without basically starting over. 

Posted Image

7 hours ago, NMpackalum said:

I know I'm correct.  My future daughter in law (a Canadian) is attending St. George's in Granada with many American counterparts.     She has to score much higher to work in the US than her US counterparts 

7 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I just don't think you have a good understanding of what really is increasing health care costs.  You've decided it's pharmacy stuff, and that's your focus, which is fine.  Medications aren't really the reason why we have high health care costs.  The grand majority of medications are inexpensive, most common conditions are treated by cheap generic prescriptions.  The number of inexpensive generics grows with each passing year.  Increased administration in hospitals and clinics despite static numbers or providers, regulations by the government,  malpractice/defensive medicine, and lack of competition/options are why health care costs continue to grow.

http://abcnews.go.com/Health/health-care-premiums-rising-obamacare/story?id=43047190

In many countries the care is rationed and these people just die or go without care.  They get treated more of the time here.

Geez, man.  Are you really going to argue this with people who do this with all their time at work?  We've had guys here who do well in their own country and haven't even seen the most basic of disease states due to lack of diagnostic equipment, lack of funding, and lack of training in their native country.  There's a reason many often have to repeat residencies.  

I have not made a single statement in this thread about why healthcare costs are rising.   I did say (and substantiated multiple times) that pharmaceuticals are the fastest rising component of healthcare products and services. That point is a clear fact.   You ideological warriors may insult and  try to intimidate all you want but the facts are not disputed.

As for a higher bar, I know exactly the situation because my future daughter in law is currently taking the exam to practice in the states and I know what score she has to get versus her American classmates.   She is the top of her class grade wise but has a higher bar than others.   

36 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

The next time will be the first time.

You are a joke and everyone is laughing at you.

Try posting a fact instead of intimidation or insults and you might be more compelling asshole.   The only fact posted was an erroneous statement by unlawful equating Medicare to a product or service.