Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

SharkTanked

How the Left Lost it's Mind

Pretty decent read...

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2017/07/liberal-fever-swamps/530736/

"The Trump era has given rise to a vast alternative left-wing media infrastructure that operates largely out of the view of casual news consumers, but commands a massive audience and growing influence in liberal America. There are polemical podcasters and partisan click farms; wild-eyed conspiracists and cynical fabulists. Some traffic heavily in rumor and wage campaigns of misinformation; others are merely aggregators and commentators who have carved out a corner of the web for themselves. But taken together, they form a media universe where partisan hysteria is too easily stoked, and fake news can travel at the speed of light.

Before we go on, let me try to quiet the cries of “False equivalence!” before they begin: No, these personalities and publications do not yet wield the same influence in the Democratic Party that their counterparts do in the GOP. But ignoring them would be a mistake. In recent months, some of the most irresponsible actors in this world have proven alarmingly adept at influencing venerated figures of the left—from public intellectuals, to world-famous celebrities, to elected officials..."

I read that this morning, good article.

And boy do we have a direct conduit to that outrage posting here. "Trump just did something awful at his golf course" lol.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Read that this morning.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I read that this morning, good article.

And boy do we have a direct conduit to that outrage posting here. "Trump just did something awful at his golf course" lol.

Damnit dude don't you realize that nukes will launch, volcanoes will erupt, cats and dogs will live together if we all don't share the same outrage over Trump not replacing the divot on tee box #3!!!!!!

Just now, HR_Poke said:

Damnit dude don't you realize that nukes will launch, volcanoes will erupt, cats and dogs will live together if we all don't share the same outrage over Trump not replacing the divot on tee box #3!!!!!!

His lack of etiquette is surely the harbinger of the fall of man.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I find it interesting that the Left has become that which they despised. OTOH, maybe it is intentional. These are tactics that clearly worked for the Repubs.

Fake news!

Guest RoscoesDad

So to paraphrase.  The Same people that were behind the birtherism, Jade Helm, 6 years of Benghazi hearings, Latte Salutes and marxist Kenyan usurper theories.. now all of a sudden  just want civil discourse in politics and totally taken aback by the opposite side engaging in the same tactics they did for the last 8 years.  The same people who read infowars, WND, watch Fox N Friends and listen to Savage are OUTRAGED at the left's crazy response to Trump?  LMFAO.

It's only been 6 months of D pushback and already the right is becoming unhinged at having their own tactics used against them.  Buckle up cons. 

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I find it interesting that the Left has become that which they despised. OTOH, maybe it is intentional. These are tactics that clearly worked for the Repubs.

It feels too abrubt to be intentional. 

54 minutes ago, RoscoesDad said:

So to paraphrase.  The Same people that were behind the birtherism, Jade Helm, 6 years of Benghazi hearings, Latte Salutes and marxist Kenyan usurper theories.. now all of a sudden  just want civil discourse in politics and totally taken aback by the opposite side engaging in the same tactics they did for the last 8 years.  The same people who read infowars, WND, watch Fox N Friends and listen to Savage are OUTRAGED at the left's crazy response to Trump?  LMFAO.

It's only been 6 months of D pushback and already the right is becoming unhinged at having their own tactics used against them.  Buckle up cons. 

Well if there is a person who deserved it, it is birther - Trump.

1 hour ago, RoscoesDad said:

Do you think its escalating or just more of the same?

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, SharkTanked said:

I wonder how abrupt it really is though? Some of this has been building for awhile it seems.

Maybe it has and it is only become prevalent due to a changing media and the left being driven from power. When last the right held sway Twitter didn't exist, podcasts were on the fringe of media consumption, Facebook was quite a different thing back then. Even if the crazy left wanted to redirect the conversation the traditional forms of media weren't fertile ground. The crazy left didn't have a bubble they could thrive in. Now everyone can seek out information they agree with and ignore whatever is inconvenient to their worldview.

27 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Maybe it has and it is only become prevalent due to a changing media and the left being driven from power. When last the right held sway Twitter didn't exist, podcasts were on the fringe of media consumption, Facebook was quite a different thing back then. Even if the crazy left wanted to redirect the conversation the traditional forms of media weren't fertile ground. The crazy left didn't have a bubble they could thrive in. Now everyone can seek out information they agree with and ignore whatever is inconvenient to their worldview.

You're right about now being able to seek out the info you agree with. I drove across the country in 4 days in '95 as part of a move to the east coast. AM radio was all there was for most of it, and all that was on that was Rush Limbaugh and bible-thumping preachers...

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

This goes back to what I said the other day.  Republicans are mad at the democrats who are acting like the republicans did when the democrats had power and they were acting like the republicans currently when they were in charge. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater