Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Should we ban kids from restaurants?

Loud, rude, crying poop machines.  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Should we ban all kids under 10 from restaurants, not counting fast food? Be honest.

Guest RoscoesDad
12 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The worst thing about people with kids is you are not allowed to tell them how +++++ing ugly their kids are.  That they are not "so smart", that they are basically not even humans until they are 6 or 7.  Just a really needy pet that pisses off the rest of the world with their very smelly, loud, gross and clumsy existence.

@Chile_Ute knows what I mean.

Yeah some parents feel entitled to f up your day up and get all butthurt if confronted.  I dont have kids but if i had a crazy one i wouldnt bring him out to intentonally piss others off and then get all self righteous.  

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I find whiny adults infinitesimally more annoying than whiny children.  

Ever more slightly annoying?  Or did you mean to use a different word?

Drunk adults fighting or screaming little beast of a toddler both are pretty equally bad.  The difference is a restaurant can remove adults and ban them without any stigma.  You can't give a say, 3 year ban to a specific two year old.

4 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Ever more slightly annoying?  Or did you mean to use a different word?

Drunk adults fighting or screaming little beast of a toddler both are pretty equally bad.  The difference is a restaurant can remove adults and ban them without any stigma.  You can't give a say, 3 year ban to a specific two year old.

Nope, one is just slightly more terrible. 

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Just now, thelawlorfaithful said:

Nope, one is just slightly more terrible. 

The worst is when a somebody takes their ex out to breakup with them, way to ruin the night for everybody around you as he or she starts crying or making a scene.  When I worked as a cook I saw that happen about once a month.

3 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

Speaking of banning things I find annoying, I'd like to ban all UNLV's football opponents from beating us. I find it annoying when they do that. I am annoyed a lot.

Banning shit is all the rage these days so I thought I would throw my two cents in.

Some people want guns banned

Some people want "hate" speech banned

Some people want Muslims banned

I just wan't to protect the majority from a minority that might actually impact their life sometime this decade.

What say you @youngrebelfan40, anything you wan't banned?

3 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Banning shit is all the rage these days so I thought I would throw my two cents in.

Some people want guns views they disagree with banned

Some people want "hate" speech tolerance banned

Some people want Muslims the spirit of inclusion and multiculturalism that "Made America Great" banned

I just wan't to protect the majority from a minority that might actually impact their life sometime this decade.

I've been in the market for a new car. Do I need to visit the Subaru dealership after the above edits?

1 minute ago, SharkTanked said:

I've been in the market for a new car. Do I need to visit the Subaru dealership after the above edits?

They are valid points however I would have added it to a list instead of editing.

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

They are valid points however I would have added it to a list instead of editing.

I agree that you would have.

I do find the banning of children form restaurants idea to be silly. People are annoying regardless of age. When you go to a venue that has multiple people, there is a very good chance that one or more of them will be annoying. It's part of living amongst people.

2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

I agree that you would have.

I do find the banning of children form restaurants idea to be silly. People are annoying regardless of age. When you go to a venue that has multiple people, there is a very good chance that one or more of them will be annoying. It's part of living amongst people.

Why do restaurants that ban kids see an increase in patrons?  Because a toddler is dozens of times more likely to ruin your dining experience than an adult.

Why do restaurants that ban kids see an increase in patrons?  Because a toddler is dozens of times more likely to ruin your dining experience than an adult.

If that is truly the case, the better question is why have all restaurants not enacted this ban if it is so good for business?

Just now, SharkTanked said:

If that is truly the case, the better question is why have all restaurants not enacted this ban if it is so good for business?

One day they will....one day.  It is trending that direction.

One day they will....one day.  It is trending that direction.

Could be... 57% of households are childless as of 2012. Still, you are guaranteeing that you will alienate 43% of US households (unless it's "date night").

However, households without children likely have more disposable income to spend on eating out.

I still don't think it will be the norm, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in it.

6 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

The real answer is that most casual sit down diners do not want to limit their base or piss of the family oriented patron.  High end establishments become more sought after when they enforce a child ban because somebody knows their $300 dollar meal is not going to be ruined by a screaming kid.

Just now, SharkTanked said:

Could be... 57% of households are childless as of 2012. Still, you are guaranteeing that you will alienate 43% of US households (unless it's "date night").

However, households without children likely have more disposable income to spend on eating out.

I still don't think it will be the norm, but I wouldn't be surprised to see an increase in it.

This thread is not about logic.

Just now, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The real answer is that most casual sit down diners do not want to limit their base or piss of the family oriented patron.  High end establishments become more sought after when they enforce a child ban because somebody knows their $300 dollar meal is not going to be ruined by a screaming kid.

I'd definitely buy that. Not much risk from the high end restaurants.

5 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

This is the most millennial halfman has ever sounded.

A fine steak is a sensual experience to be properly enjoyed by all senses. One needs to hear the soft tearing of properly cooked flesh with each bite. Such an experience is clearly ruined by whiney brats when the batteries on their electronic babysitting devices run out.

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. Ban them from airplanes too unless they're kept with the cats in the cargo hold.  

I figured you'd want them to fly on the wing. Too much drag?