Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

MWC 2024

My impression from working in Washoe county for the Washoe County Question 1 school funding measure last fall in the November election was that the smart kids from everywhere but Reno High, because thats the rich part of town, want to attend Nevada because its such a nicer quality of life for undergraduates and the programs are better.  All the Nevada student leaders grew up in Las Vegas.  Reno High kids need to go further from home than that.

I also saw tons of Silver and Navy which makes me the Raiders will be just as popular with Nevada fans as well as UNLV fans.

Plus the proximity to Burning Man and Tahoe are pretty big compared to Las Vegas for those who are looking to party.  The strip is too expensive for a broke ass student to have a good time.

Guest Dr. Dre
22 minutes ago, bigd said:

Not so sure I agree with this. We've spent most of our existences in different conferences, and if one of us were invited to a P5 league there's no way they'd turn it down.

Hey. He gets it.

Guest Dr. Dre
22 minutes ago, mugtang said:

But they're elected officials so that can change any time. 

You MIGHT get it

You don't appear to understand how Sally Roush is going to explain this, or any other future SDSU president, to her boss the CSU chancellor.  

“Athletics may be the most visible thing,” Roush said, “but it’s by far not the most important thing.”

http://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/columnists/logan-jenkins/sd-me-jenkins20170609-story.html

It's not possible for her to say "we're going independent because these other CSU's suck".  Clearly a Big 12 invite avoids this problem, and apparently CSU is stepping in to save their interim president so that they can offer fair market value  to the City for the Qualcomm site so they are doing what they need to do to get SDSU a Big 12 invite.

Hirshman's resignation was really poorly timed.  He's also the person who signed the agreement with Craig Thompson that gives the MW the license to their broadcast rights.

https://cdn.sandiegouniontrib.com/news/documents/2013/02/01/Mountain_West_Conference_Term_Sheet_2.pdf

This agreement gives the Aztecs the right to pursue distribution with a regional sports network for games not otherwise broadcast by the MW.  It could be Hirshman dropped by ball or that  Fox that doesn't want to broadcast Aztec games if there isn't a broadcast agreement already in place.

4 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

Thanks! 

Enjoy the BigSky 2.0! We'll be sure to schedule you as our FCS opponent from time to time

Now what is your pre-watercolor stadium plan? Idaho is moving down, but at least they have a 16k indoor place to play and an FCS conference to call home. Idaho looks pretty sweet when you look at your new digs at Mesa/Grossmomt community college and having to go FCS Indy. No worries, you'll be pushing forward as fast as you can...well at least that's what your mom always tells you. 

kat.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
Just now, Nevada Convert said:

Now what is your pre-watercolor stadium plan? Idaho is moving down, but at least they have a 16k indoor place to play and an FCS conference to call home. Idaho looks pretty sweet when you look at your new digs at Mesa/Grossmomt community college and having to go FCS Indy. No worries, you'll be pushing forward as fast as you can...well at least that's what your mom always tells to you. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We'll be right where we are until our new stadium is built. Enjoy road conference games at the Kibbie Dome!

6 hours ago, mugtang said:

Where's everybody else going?  You guys all dropping football or something? 

Take heart, Mugtang. You guys would dominate that pile of cow chips.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, mugtang said:

Here's my prediction:

Hawaii

SDSU

SJSU

Fresno

UNLV

Nevada

Boise

New Mexico

CSU

Wyoming

Air force 

Utah State

It's just surprising as hell that all those who "liked" your post were fans of schools with no chance of leaving for greener pastures.

Boom goes the dynamite.

6 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Take heart, Mugtang. You guys would dominate that pile of cow chips.

ngbbs544433ee732c6.gif

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

We'll be right where we are until our new stadium is built. Enjoy road conference games at the Kibbie Dome!

LOL'ing and that stuff is all dandy & neato, but it doesn't build you a new stadium, now does it. When you get to the beginning of the pre-watercolor stage, let us know. 

kat.jpg

Guest Dr. Dre
23 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

LOL'ing and that stuff is all dandy & neato, but it doesn't build you a new stadium, now does it. When you get to the beginning of the pre-watercolor stage, let us know. 

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

water colors are already out there. plans will be presented within the month, FS is imploding, and your sister is still a facebook tramp. Its all good!

stay tuned!

8 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Mug is becoming aware of things.

Whatever happens is beyond my control. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I don't even know why I'm posting as this thread is just a pissing contest but here goes. If the Big 12 loses its 2-4 best programs and back fills with AAC or MWC schools, we are looking at a P4/G6 situation. Texas Tech and Iowa State will not have P5 status without UT and OU. So while a move will be a revenue boost (maybe) it won't be a status boost. The left over Big 12 will be fighting for scraps like the rest of us.