Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RebelRobert

New UNLV Athletics Logo

I shopped both the on-campus bookstore and the bookstore across from campus today.  Both had apparel with the new logo.  I passed on buying it.  I told both shops I would not buy it.  They both replied with "we are hearing that a lot".  

I wonder if Jessup is listening

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/gerry-bomotti-resigns-as-unlv-finance-chief/

Gerry Bomotti Resigns as UNLV Finance Chief

Anyone think this has something to do with the new Athletic Director or Thomas & Mack Control?

The athletics dept is such a small part of the overall mission & finances of a University (or it should be) it's hard to think that would be a reason to leave. 

2 hours ago, RebelRobert said:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/news/education/gerry-bomotti-resigns-as-unlv-finance-chief/

Gerry Bomotti Resigns as UNLV Finance Chief

Anyone think this has something to do with the new Athletic Director or Thomas & Mack Control?

I think it has to do with both of those things. And I don't know whether it is a good or bad thing.

43 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

I wonder if Jessup is listening

I seriously doubt it. He seems totally invested. Hopefully merch sales will plummet and the dollars will reveal the truth.

12 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

well, they worked it into this... cool video though.

Best part was the UNLV ball carrier lowering his shoulder to run over the SDSU DB. It's great because not only was that not taken from the Sanchez years, from SDSU's unis, the two players involved and the fact the game was played on a rug, I know it was taken from the 2007 season when Rocky Long was still at UNM, Upchuck Long was SDSU's HC and even Bobby Hauck wasn't yet UNLV's coach. Particularly great is how Chuck Long went 6-27 against every other opponent but 3-0 against Mike Sanford. Has UNLV football been so bereft of highlights the school actually needed to go back a decade for THAT?

Boom goes the dynamite.