Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

UNLV2001

Science -Science deniers need not look inside !!

If you are a solid republican conservative read no further (since 95% of you "conservatives" are moderate centrists, this can be ignored).........science is involved and it might warp your world view - Stop reading here and give all credit to the imaginary deity you happen to worship. For those who accept science and physics, please read on 

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

DDWnw2BXgAIAiih.png

For further maps and information - clink these links

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipse

https://www.space.com/33797-total-solar-eclipse-2017-guide.html

http://eclipse-maps.com/Eclipse-Maps/Welcome.html

For those science deniers who made it past the MWC Board Government Warning, try this when the eclipse comes and repent your sins before the All-Mighty 

Related image

I am considering driving north to Idaho to see it.  I'm really excited about this though. Even if I can't go North we will still get 80% totality in Reno.   I still have my glasses from the last eclipse.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

24 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I am considering driving north to Idaho to see it.  I'm really excited about this though. Even if I can't go North we will still get 80% totality in Reno.   I still have my glasses from the last eclipse.  

Wasn't there some sort of eclipse in like 91 or 92? I remember there being something like that when I was in elementary school. We made those glasses from cardboard or something that the school found in the dumpsters 

1 minute ago, brillio said:

Wasn't there some sort of eclipse in like 91 or 92? I remember there being something like that when I was in elementary school. We made those glasses from cardboard or something that the school found in the dumpsters 

There was a partial eclipse a few years ago that I was referring to. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Yeah because no scientist worth anything could ever believe in God.  Am I right, Pascal, Lemaître , Copernicus, a good number of my best engineering professors were devout Christians.  Your opening to this post is, well, sad.  Last thing I will write on that.  

Onward to the eclipse.  Buffalo hotels I think are nearly filled up as Casper is full.  I wonder if the hotel in Kaycee is fully booked, first time for everything.  

Depending on how this season goes I will figure a way to spin this related to Boise and Wyoming.  Right now hoping to spin it as the sign of transfer of power in the SEC mountain from BSU to where it belongs, good ol Wyo. :D

16 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

For those science deniers who made it past the MWC Board Government Warning, try this when the eclipse comes and repent your sins before the All-Mighty

For trying to portray a group of people who you believe "aren't with the times", you've really missed the boat.  Not many people deny global warming.  Your definition of deniers is people who don't buy that government should be allowed to completely regulate 100% of our activities in hopes to curb it, or the people who don't believe it's 100% man made and preventable.

I failed a geology class in 2005 because I couldn't buy into the standard of my professor's theory at that time.  He would've considered me a denier the same as you because he tried saying that the average temp in 2015 Montana was going to be above 100f and not go below 90f, we were seeing the last snow falls Montana would ever see, and the freezing temperatures would never return after 2010.  I told him I'd call him in 10 years and we'll talk then, but his data was flawed.  He failed every assignment I ever handed to him after that.  He may have been the only teacher that ever had it out for me, and I loved his class other than the faulty global warming theory.

You also used a painting of Peruvian Natives to expose your hatred for people you don't know.

On the actual eclipse, we own a ranch in Carey, ID.  It looks like I will be sitting on a mountain top about the ranch that morning to get a good view.

7 minutes ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Yeah because no scientist worth anything could ever believe in God.  Am I right, Pascal, Lemaître , Copernicus, a good number of my best engineering professors were devout Christians.  Your opening to this post is, well, sad.  Last thing I will write on that.  

Onward to the eclipse.  Buffalo hotels I think are nearly filled up as Casper is full.  I wonder if the hotel in Kaycee is fully booked, first time for everything.  

Depending on how this season goes I will figure a way to spin this related to Boise and Wyoming.  Right now hoping to spin it as the sign of transfer of power in the SEC mountain from BSU to where it belongs, good ol Wyo. :D

Casper isn't just full, yards for tents are going for 500+ on airbnb. Rooms are going for over a grand. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

7 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Casper isn't just full, yards for tents are going for 500+ on airbnb. Rooms are going for over a grand. 

Shoot, the Bighorns are going to be a zoo the weekend before and after...

25 minutes ago, brillio said:

I remember partial eclipses back when I lived in Sacramento in both 91 and 92. 

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

It looks like the closest it comes to me is Rexburg. I would love to see it, But Rexburg?

That's God's way of telling you to repent, obviously

"BYU is like a 4-year-long church dance with 20,000 chaperones all waiting for you to forget to shave one morning so they can throw you out." -GeoAg

l.jpg

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

It looks like the closest it comes to me is Rexburg. I would love to see it, But Rexburg?

In East Idaho the totality shadow will be from Ashton, south to around Firth. It's about 70 miles wide. The center-line inside the totality shadow passes across U.S. 20 near Thornton, which is between Rigby and Rexburg. The center line also goes right by the Menan Buttes and Mud Lake.

There's plenty of options, including Idaho Falls. Many of the cities here are putting on festivals and stuff.

It's expected to be very crowded.

2 hours ago, Naggsty Butler said:

That's God's way of telling you to repent, obviously

Why couldn't he just ask me to kill my only child...

Oh, God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe said, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God said, "No" Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want, Abe, but
The next time you see me comin', you better run"
Well, Abe said, "Where d'you want this killin' done?"
God said, "Out on Highway 61"

5 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

If you are a solid republican conservative read no further (since 95% of you "conservatives" are moderate centrists, this can be ignored).........science is involved and it might warp your world view - Stop reading here and give all credit to the imaginary deity you happen to worship. For those who accept science and physics, please read on 

Related image

You Libtards are going to look like complete idiots when this so called "eclipse" fails to materialize...

1 hour ago, jackmormon said:

Why couldn't he just ask me to kill my only child...

Oh, God said to Abraham, "Kill me a son"
Abe said, "Man, you must be puttin' me on"
God said, "No" Abe say, "What?"
God say, "You can do what you want, Abe, but
The next time you see me comin', you better run"
Well, Abe said, "Where d'you want this killin' done?"
God said, "Out on Highway 61"

You know, you're alright Jack.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

7 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

aHR0cDovL3d3dy5zcGFjZS5jb20vaW1hZ2VzL2kv

DDWnw2BXgAIAiih.png

For further maps and information - clink these links

https://eclipse.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse.html

https://www.nasa.gov/eclipse

https://www.space.com/33797-total-solar-eclipse-2017-guide.html

http://eclipse-maps.com/Eclipse-Maps/Welcome.html

Related image

"On the 8th day God created UNLV, just to prove he has a sense of humor." 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

That is a HUGE difference.  Just an FYI.  Come to Idaho.

13 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

That is a HUGE difference.  Just an FYI.  Come to Idaho.

my daughter and I will be crashing at your place