Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Billings

Any SOny VUE customers?

My cable came off special and I went up $60 a month.  I had experience with Hulu before but was not my favorite channel selection.  Looks like I can get Sony VUE through my apple TV and use my old antenna and Tivo for the basic networks.

About $45 a month seems good for TV and Sports

Any experiences here?

13 minutes ago, Billings said:

My cable came off special and I went up $60 a month.  I had experience with Hulu before but was not my favorite channel selection.  Looks like I can get Sony VUE through my apple TV and use my old antenna and Tivo for the basic networks.

About $45 a month seems good for TV and Sports

Any experiences here?

We're using Sling over here and have thought about possibly switching due to some streaming quality issues. In all, I think there are trade offs with steaming. It costs less but stream quality can vari. Also, Hair Thompson's bullshit CBSSN isn't available on any streaming plan. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

We're using Sling over here and have thought about possibly switching due to some streaming quality issues. In all, I think there are trade offs with steaming. It costs less but stream quality can vari. Also, Hair Thompson's bullshit CBSSN isn't available on any streaming plan. 

Wrong hulu live tv has cbssports for 40 dollars a month. Big drawback no Amc or discovery

2 minutes ago, Byutop25 said:

Wrong hulu live tv has cbssports for 40 dollars a month. Big drawback no Amc or discovery

That must be somewhat recent because it wasn't available when we checked Hulu last year. $40 + $25 for Sling still wouldn't be as much as Comcast for similar programming. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

That must be somewhat recent because it wasn't available when we checked Hulu last year. $40 + $25 for Sling still wouldn't be as much as Comcast for similar programming. 

Yes they just entered the market about a month ago. I think they're going for sports cord cutters they have every sports network except for the pac12 net. I tried the one week trial it's a good service but it needs to add a few channels.

youtube live TV also has cbssports net but is only available in a few markets

verizon wireless says they plan to enter the market this summer. I predict the big 4 cell companies will all have services by next year and get customers exclusive deals  to their wireless customers 

34 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It's Hulu's live TV service, so it would effectively be a replacement of Sling for you. I've been holding out for YouTube TV to become available for me, but I'm about ready to make the jump from Sling to Hulu to try it out.

12 minutes ago, retrofade said:

It's Hulu's live TV service, so it would effectively be a replacement of Sling for you. I've been holding out for YouTube TV to become available for me, but I'm about ready to make the jump from Sling to Hulu to try it out.

Now that better call Saul is over till next year I'd recommend it. If you're in cali you'll also get regional csn sports networks on hulu live. 

1 hour ago, Byutop25 said:

No AMC is huge.  Loved my HULU-TV trial.  Almost perfect channel lineup, smooth, crisp HD.  I watched four hours of Le Mans with no visible difference between HULU and my cable.  The big drawback for me was Chromecast.  In one week, two of them overheated and burned out, which according to the Google is a huge problem with the device.  When the service available via Roku, Fire or a Samsung Blue-Ray, I'll most likely cut the cord.  AMC is the only thing I need to figure out.  I get HBO through Amazon Prime already.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

You really want to use the free trial version of all of the services and find the one that works best.  It's not like cable so you can try it out and switch to another one if it's not great or the other service has a good free promo.

During football season I'll get all the networks (Sling having PAC 12 network makes them current favorite) and that is $40ish On Sling, Vue, YouTube Tv, Hulu and Direct TV Now.

What you do outside of football season is way more open. I get slings Blue plan because it's $25 and I can get NBC sports Bay Area (regional,sports network) for all Warriors and Giants games.  I canceled at the end of May because the Giants are so terrible and the NBA finals are on broadcast TV, and I don't plan to get a new service until football season.

no one else in my house cares about sports; they watch Netflix and regular Hulu.

I have Vue; have had it about a year. I really enjoy it. The picture quality is good and the dvr for something like 24 days makes it concenient. If only it had cbssn (anybody want to lebd me their password for those few markets who can stream it lol). Oh, and it does not have the Root (regional channel so cant expect it to, really), but I can just change my location to view that on my Mac.