Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Nevada offers 9 year old

I thought maybe it was a Make-A-Wish thing or something, but it isn't..:shrug:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2717730-9-year-old-havon-finney-jr-receives-football-scholarship-offer-from-nevada?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

DC3vnQAVoAAJWzt.jpg

The University of Nevada made waves Wednesday by offering nine-year-old Los Angeles native Havon Finney Jr. a football scholarship.

Evans told Chris Hummer of 247Sports that the offer came in for Finney after a Nevada assistant coach saw some of his highlight videos.

Another one of Evans' clients, 10-year-old Bunchie Young, recently received an offer from Illinois as well.

Evans believes it is already clear that both Finney and Young project to be high-level athletes when the time finally comes for them to attend college: "I've seen so many players in my time. ... These kids aren't going to be short. Genetically they have the size of pro athletes. The things they do right now, they're already on high school level IQ-wise."

I thought it was a joke

apparently not 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

recruiting ain't no joke! Get on board with it or get off the train baby. Wooo-wooooo....the pain train's comin'!!!

Oh it's a joke alright.  A sad and embarrassing one.  Why stop at 9 years old?  I want to see a school step up and offer a fetus!  Hell, if it has the right bloodlines like a racehorse or a show dog, why not?  If it turns out to be female, give it a track & field or softball scholarship.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

38 minutes ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Oh it's a joke alright.  A sad and embarrassing one.  Why stop at 9 years old?  I want to see a school step up and offer a fetus!  Hell, if it has the right bloodlines like a racehorse or a show dog, why not?  If it turns out to be female, give it a track & field or softball scholarship.

Oh stop it. 

35 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Of who?

School's exploiting the kid for some cheap momentary publicity.  Do you really think that kid still gets a scholarship if he's a warming a bench by the time high school rolls around?  

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

School's exploiting the kid for some cheap momentary publicity.  Do you really think that kid still gets a scholarship if he's a warming a bench by the time high school rolls around?  

Do you think this kid verbals to Nevada if a P5 program offers? Do you think that the publicity he gets doesn't get the attention of those type programs? Do you think Nevada didn't publish this without the approval of his father/mother? And odds are these coaches won't be at Nevada when this kid is recruit eligible. 

2 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Do you think this kid verbals to Nevada if a P5 program offers? Do you think that the publicity he gets doesn't get the attention of those type programs? Do you think Nevada didn't publish this without the approval of his father/mother? And odds are these coaches won't be at Nevada when this kid is recruit eligible. 

Nevada didn't publish this. It was the kids coach and it's apparently the second offer somebody on the team has received.  Another kid received an offer to Illinois. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

i don't think it's just the school. sounds like his agent is trying to make a name for himself. and OBVIOUSLY, he's not going to be riding the bench, lol.

Evans told Chris Hummer of 247Sports that the offer came in for Finney after a Nevada assistant coach saw some of his highlight videos.

Another one of Evans' clients, 10-year-old Bunchie Young, recently received an offer from Illinois as well.

Evans believes it is already clear that both Finney and Young project to be high-level athletes when the time finally comes for them to attend college: "I've seen so many players in my time. ... These kids aren't going to be short. Genetically they have the size of pro athletes. The things they do right now, they're already on high school level IQ-wise."

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Nevada didn't publish this. It was the kids coach and it's apparently the second offer somebody on the team has received.  Another kid received an offer to Illinois. 

Exactly. If I'm a parent trying to get my kid recruited this is gold. I have a freshman who wants to play college baseball. That is half the battle.   

And BTW, that kids' coach is making money trying to publicize his business. 

34 minutes ago, josh4heisman said:

of the kid by both your school and his coach.

You think those patents haven't played the travel and camp curcuit trying to get their kids noticed you have no clue how the process works. 

26 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

Kind of unfair to put that kind of pressure on any 9 yr old that is not the fruit of Josh Allens's loins.

In a few years, the whole of FBS football will be populated by Allen spawn.