Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

1IvyDog

Reminds me of Fullerton and Long Beach

22 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

So their fans (as it were) seem content with losing a quality home game because they get a bodybag game at PSU?  That's FCS mentality right there.  

Just read the thread, most of them sound upset, not content.

23 minutes ago, RiverCityBronco said:

So their fans (as it were) seem content with losing a quality home game because they get a bodybag game at PSU?  That's FCS mentality right there.  

That's not the reaction from the majority of the posters on that board. Not sure where you're getting that from? 

Tough situation for the SJSU fans. They need to turn things around and it all starts with attendance, but that's easier said than done in a big market like the Bay Area where you're playing second (or sixth) fiddle. Most MWC schools have attendance/budget issues to deal with, so its not a pain not experienced by other schools here. 

Let's be honest here. Sharta is predicted to win 2-4 games this year, which will make five consecutive losing seasons since joining the MWC. 

There's no reason to believe that they ever will, and now they've essentially "given up" with this development. When you know for sure you can't make money on a P5 home game because your fans don't give a shit, you're done. 

55 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Let's be honest here. Sharta is predicted to win 2-4 games this year, which will make five consecutive losing seasons since joining the MWC. 

There's no reason to believe that they ever will, and now they've essentially "given up" with this development. When you know for sure you can't make money on a P5 home game because your fans don't give a shit, you're done. 

While I doubt that anyone would argue that SJSU hasn't performed on the field to the level that most would like to see (particularly SJSU fans), pointing out that this year will likely see them finishing under .500 for the fifth consecutive year loses a bit of it's oomph when Fresno State is likely to finish under .500 for the fourth consecutive year. :blink:

1 hour ago, bigd said:

The MW should require each team to schedule 6 home games per year.

I believe NCAA already requires schools to schedule 5 home games a year.......because of San Jose St.  If I remember correctly, years ago SJSU had schedule all away Non-Conference games one year so they only had 4 home games that year. it was shortly after that I think NCAA mandated a school a minium of 5 home games a year for football.

Overall this really seems routine for San Jose St. They have all the way back in Big West and WAC times would sell their home games for road games against big conferences because of money issues and thought that would be a way to solve them. So really this is nothing new for San Jose St. However I am surprised that Oregon St signed an agreement with San Jose St for a game there really. However a point that I have brought up before, if someone keeps canceling their home games to play games on the road...schools are not going to want even approach deals with them.

1 hour ago, Slapdad said:

While I doubt that anyone would argue that SJSU hasn't performed on the field to the level that most would like to see (particularly SJSU fans), pointing out that this year will likely see them finishing under .500 for the fifth consecutive year loses a bit of it's oomph when Fresno State is likely to finish under .500 for the fourth consecutive year. :blink:

Lol, we'll win another division and/or MWCCG before you guys do. And sooner than later. 

Plus, we've actually done it?  Have you guys?

San Diego State "canceled" a home game against OSU too. Of course, that was in 2005 and the OSU wasn't Oregon State but Ohio State.

That game was to be the finale of a 2-for-1 and would likely have resulted in a curb stomping since the Aztecs were gawd awrul then. Had it insisted on the game going forward, SDSU would probably have sold out Qualcomm for the only time ever. But once THE OSU offered $1.5M to be able to schedule somebody else, our tightwad administration held its hand out for the check in a millisecond.

Of course, there are tightwads and then there are REAL tightwads. Or as SpartaRick put it, at SJSU "Everything is short term gain for long term pain."

Time for San Hosed to just admit the future lies in placing its Olys in the BigWest and its football in the BigSky.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Lol, we'll win another division and/or MWCCG before you guys do. And sooner than later. 

Plus, we've actually done it?  Have you guys?

You do realize that I'm not a SJSU fan, right? 

2 minutes ago, retrofade said:

His point still stands in reference to Nevada as well. :P

Time will tell, but it certainly isn't a given.  

2 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Time will tell, but it certainly isn't a given.  

at least you have a basketball championship. SJSU can't even manage one of those. 

2017 Heisman Trophy Winner
Leading the Cowboys to the National Championship
2018 First Overall Pick in the NFL Draft

33 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

You do realize that I'm not a SJSU fan, right? 

Yeah you're a Nevada fan. Have you guys won anything in football that I forgot or something?

You think I don't know who the Sharta fans on here are? Please. 

45 minutes ago, josh4heisman said:

at least you have a basketball championship. SJSU can't even manage one of those. 

SJSU definitely sucks because it hasn't managed to win a MWC basketball title in four years of trying. Whereas Whyoming definitely does not suck because Whyoming isn't oh-fer in that category. Or to put it another way, cuz Whyoming has won a MWC hoops championship. Exactly one. In 18 years of trying.

Boom goes the dynamite.

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SJSU definitely sucks because it hasn't managed to win a MWC basketball title in four years of trying. Whereas Whyoming definitely does not suck because Whyoming isn't oh-fer in that category. Or to put it another way, cuz Whyoming has won a MWC hoops championship. Exactly one. In 18 years of trying.

Ignoring the whole Whyoming part, because that's amusing; SJSU sucks because SJSU sucks. 

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Yeah you're a Nevada fan. Have you guys won anything in football that I forgot or something?

You think I don't know who the Sharta fans on here are? Please. 

Yeah, Fresno State's success has been so overwhelming over the the past decade with your one football championship. :blink: The results have been very similar for both schools with each winning one championship and a Nevada finishing ahead of FSU in the standings six of those ten years. Boise State has clearly been a great team over the past decade....no other team has.  

9 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Yeah, Fresno State's success has been so overwhelming over the the past decade with your one football championship. :blink: The results have been very similar for both schools with each winning one championship and a Nevada finishing ahead of FSU in the standings six of those ten years. Boise State has clearly been a great team over the past decade....no other team has.  

:blink:..........what exactly are you trying to prove?  That Nevada has no division or CCG wins in football?  

Why would you be so excited to point that out?