Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

POLL: Would You Compromise?

Would you be willing to compromise healthcare for guns?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. If a consensus could be reached to implement universal healthcare as long as there would be no further bans or restrictions on gun ownership, would you compromise?

• Yes - I'm willing to give up one issue for the other
    • No - I would never compromise on either issue
    • I would just do whatever the DNC or RNC instructs me to do

Just now, renoskier said:

Hello, are you new here?

This here is a classic @BSUTOP25 poll; it's his thing.

My polls are legendary.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

I know several people who are gun owners and also want a single payer healthcare system............the two aren't as polarized as one would think. Same if you switched out guns for abortions - Again if abortion was made illegal, it would still happen and at least the people would have coverage from what damage is done 

Fun irony is..........Gun laws won't stop people/criminals from getting guns............but making abortion illegal will suddenly stop every abortion in the country - NO gun law will stop anything, but banning abortion will bring it to an immediate end !!! 

Abortion is a fading issue. It's becoming a minor talking point on the national stage.

The only thing I never compromise on is the clear refreshing taste of Coca Cola. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Abortion is a fading issue. It's becoming a minor talking point on the national stage.

Yeah, tell that to the average GOPer running for office & their evangelical base - Like saying tax cuts for the rich aren't a GOP priority ..............though I will give you this, tax cuts for the rich is the real big thing for the GOP, abortion & guns are just things they latched onto to endear them to the hard cores who vote those two issues on a regular basis to get votes

22 hours ago, RoscoesDad said:

Right because wanting healthcare for all regardless of ability to pay, is totally equivilent to opening up laws that allow people to open carry any type of weapon they want ie bazookas and grenades and 50 cals, anywhere they want.  

The mind of a fox n friends viewer is seriosuly a weird thing.  Nice poll. 

Well let's see......one is a Constitutional right and the other isn't, so your argument dies there.

Universal health care can never be sustainable along with every other entitlement program. There isn't enough money to pay for it all. Like it or not this has become a service based economy with the majority of jobs not paying well. The tax payer base is thinner because of that fact. Going to a single payer model will destroy the economy a lot quicker.

9 minutes ago, sean327 said:

Well let's see......one is a Constitutional right and the other isn't, so your argument dies there.

Universal health care can never be sustainable along with every other entitlement program. There isn't enough money to pay for it all. Like it or not this has become a service based economy with the majority of jobs not paying well. The tax payer base is thinner because of that fact. Going to a single payer model will destroy the economy a lot quicker.

Supreme court just ruled a state or city can restrict ownership of assault weapons and put tough restrictions on concealed permits.  SO there are some restrictions already in the gun argument

Just now, Billings said:

Supreme court just ruled a state or city can restrict ownership of assault weapons and put tough restrictions on concealed permits.  SO there are some restrictions already in the gun argument

They did no such thing. They declined to hear the case and sent it back to the 9th Circus. Totally different from ruling on it.

35 minutes ago, sean327 said:

They did no such thing. They declined to hear the case and sent it back to the 9th Circus. Totally different from ruling on it.

nope.  they let the ruling stand and thus confirmed it.  they did not sent it back

8 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Yeah, tell that to the average GOPer running for office & their evangelical base - Like saying tax cuts for the rich aren't a GOP priority ..............though I will give you this, tax cuts for the rich is the real big thing for the GOP, abortion & guns are just things they latched onto to endear them to the hard cores who vote those two issues on a regular basis to get votes

The republicans developed the three Gs strategy during the Reagan era, and they are still riding it today with great success.

Although recently they have been promoting the notion of wealthy people as victims. I'm not sure how they have managed to sell that to the middle class, but it seems to be working to an extent.

12 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

The republicans developed the three Gs strategy during the Reagan era, and they are still riding it today with great success.

Although recently they have been promoting the notion of wealthy people as victims. I'm not sure how they have managed to sell that to the middle class, but it seems to be working to an extent.

Well Democrats have been trying to promote the entitlement strategy since FDR.  Make everyone poor and dependent on democratic welfare programs until they all have to vote for democrats.

2 hours ago, jackmormon said:

GOP message machine is way better than democrats - GOP can sell a lie better than democrats can sell a fact 

12 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Abortion is more of a talking point where certain politicians attempt to rally their base during elections. It has lost the prominence it once held in presidential elections. I don't see it reemerging as a major focal point on a national platform in the future. 

1 hour ago, UNLV2001 said:

GOP message machine is way better than democrats - GOP can sell a lie better than democrats can sell a fact 

LOL - are you now subscribed to jack's DNC talking point feed? 

48 minutes ago, Lester_in_reno said:

this is really what you are about.....

You still having to take those anger pills after reading my posts? lol

3 hours ago, jackmormon said:

I think you need to learn the difference between facts and opinions. Oh yeah and lies...

No matter how many times you say it, rentals need repairs, more that 3 women a year get beat in a city of 100K, rifles that are black are not machine guns, and Trump is a good businessman.