Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It's hard not to cheer for Derek Carr

35 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Sorry....you're phucked.  When you shit yourself, they'll just look around like "who is this guy, is he with you?".

i'm sure your 65 year old daughter will be thrilled to change your diaper.

50 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Jesus and Vegas, it warms the heart. 

fwiw, at one point a while back there were more churches per capita in las vegas than there was anywhere else in the country.

just sayin.

6 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

fwiw, at one point a while back there were more churches per capita in las vegas than there was anywhere else in the country.

just sayin.

You left out the part about them all having Elvi and drive-thru wedding ceremonies.

Do you think it's due to a highly religious population or about making $$$?

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg

4 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

You left out the part about them all having Elvi and drive-thru wedding ceremonies.

well, there actually IS a highly religious population, especially mormons and catholics (i don't know what the tourists are, lol). but don't all churches everywhere make $$$?

and yes, i DID leave out elvis, :D

22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

just sayin.

Not to discount your statement but link please. 

There's a church on  every corner down here. 

3 minutes ago, DestinFlPackfan said:

Not to discount your statement but link please. 

There's a church on  every corner down here. 

this was several years ago, i don't have a link. :shrug:

and have you ever been to vegas, lol.

26 minutes ago, Dogs4Me said:

funny, you mentioned elvis, and this rolls across my twitter.

History In Pictures‏ @HistoryInPix

Ann-Margret and Elvis Presley during the filming of Viva Las Vegas, 1963.

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DDH9_kGW0AIkt2N.jpg:large

Just now, 4UNLV said:

this was several years ago, i don't have a link. :shrug:

and have you ever been to vegas, lol.

Yes I've been to Vegas many times , and prayed at the porcelain god to free me from my sins. 

6 hours ago, ph90702 said:

The national media doesn't want to talk about it, but about 40% of the NFL is players from non-P5 schools.  Last year, the majority of the Dallas Cowboys roster was from non-P5 schools.

It's not really a secret. The starting 22 on any 2 given fbs squads is fairly comparable. It's depth that makes the difference.

5 hours ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

It's not really a secret. The starting 22 on any 2 given fbs squads is fairly comparable. It's depth that makes the difference.

I don't really agree with that at all. UNLV's starters don't even closely compare with Alabama's starters. They probably have a handful of players at most who are good enough to be on Alabama's roster, let alone start.

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

I don't really agree with that at all. UNLV's starters don't even closely compare with Alabama's starters. They probably have a handful of players at most who are good enough to be on Alabama's roster, let alone start.

It's an average.

I like Derek Carr too! I remember him walking by us fans pre-game while here playing  for  FSU at  MacKay stadium

I  thought to myself "wow that guy LOOKS like a QB"!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

anyways not to tread-nap but I thought I'd put this item  here.

Reno gets the Raiders summer camp?

Personally  I doubt it ever happens.

from rgj.com:

Reno Gazette-Journal columnist Chris Murray has been known to be a bit wordy, so we're giving him 1,000 words (no more than that) to share his thoughts from the week that was in the world of sports.

* LAST AUGUST, RAIDERS OFFICIALS met with Northern Nevada lawmakers to tour sites for a potential training camp facility in case the franchise moved to Las Vegas. At the time, it looked like a pretty obvious push to get Northern support for a huge tax handout and not much else. There was nothing binding put down about the North getting a training camp facility. It appeared to be a pure political move with nothing close to a promise that could easily be backed out of once the money was secured. Well, now the money has been secured and the Raiders are moving to Las Vegas in 2020, but you haven’t heard too much about that training camp facility in Reno.

* THE RGJ’S SIOBHAN McANDREW recently asked Nevada governor Brian Sandoval, a big proponent of the Raiders-to-Vegas move, about the training facility going up North. “We’d like nothing better,” Sandoval said. “I spoke with the owner of the Raiders and he said he wanted to make it the silver and black state instead of the silver state. I told them, ‘If you want to do that you ought to have your practice facility here at the University of Nevada.’ Obviously there’s no agreement,but it’s certainly something that has interested them.” So, basically the same message as last August. Makes you wonder how real the interest really is. And knowing how the NFL works, the Raiders will only put a training camp facility up North if somebody else pays for most of the project.

* SNARK ASIDE, IT ACTUALLY MAKES a ton of sense for the Raiders to camp in Reno, and not just because the North wants a piece of the pie. It makes a ton of sense for the Raiders. The temperature is less oppressive here than it is in Las Vegas. The elevation of 4,800 feet is ideal for training. It would help build brand loyalty throughout the state. And it could help keep some of the fans in Oakland loyal of the team (those fans could take the 3-hour drive into Northern Nevada to watch camp). The Raiders would end up getting a better, more modern facility than what they currently use for training camp (a middle school in Napa). There also are plenty of housing options in Reno for the players, from dorms to hotels. Northern Nevada, in exchange, would get some additional economic activity and the Wolf Pack would get a boost in its football facilities, although nothing game-changing. It's mutually beneficial.

* THE WOLF PACK'S LONG SOUGHT AFTER indoor practice facility, which would be a game-changer, would not be part of this project. That’s a $15 million-$25 million facility that the Wolf Pack will have to fund. The Raiders' project would include turning two of the Wolf Pack's FieldTurf fields – one Nevada practices on and the other an intramural field – into grass fields with some stands for fans; the construction of a two-story locker room/coaches offices inside the gates of Mackay Stadium; and potentially a third grass field adjacent to Wolf Pack Park where a parking lots currently sits. The overall project wouldn’t cost more than a couple million dollars, which for the NFL team should be couch change, although this is the Raiders.

cerified_Subarus.jpg