Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

It's hard not to cheer for Derek Carr

He's grounded and thinks of others.  I wish more NFL players were like him. It's hard not to cheer for him and it's great he's a MWC alumni.

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

It is pretty cool to see an MWC quarterback doing so well in the league. Fresno produced a good one.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Love his attitude and all that, but actually cheering for a Raider is hard.  They've got a RAM on the team and I struggle with that even.

5 hours ago, mugtang said:

He's grounded and thinks of others.  I wish more NFL players were like him. It's hard not to cheer for him and it's great he's a MWC alumni.

Wow, he might be my new favorite player not playing for my team. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Love his attitude and all that, but actually cheering for a Raider is hard.  They've got a RAM on the team and I struggle with that even.

Yep, I'm a Fresno State fan and it's hard to root for the Raiders despite Carr.

Check out @carrelite's Tweet:

Hes the first athlete that Im proud of. Growing up, you are in awe, or a fan of different guys. With this  guy, he's enough younger  than me, combined with the fact that I have known of him since he was a little boy, that i feel proud of him.

another year from now, and everyone will have forgotten about Carr. Derek Carr is a poor man's Josh Allen. Whatever team gets him is set for the rest of his career. He will probably be a Patriot to take over for Tom Brady. 

2017 Heisman Trophy Winner
Leading the Cowboys to the National Championship
2018 First Overall Pick in the NFL Draft

3 minutes ago, josh4heisman said:

another year from now, and everyone will have forgotten about Carr. Derek Carr is a poor man's Josh Allen. Whatever team gets him is set for the rest of his career. He will probably be a Patriot to take over for Tom Brady. 

Well....yea.

6 minutes ago, josh4heisman said:

:rotflmfao:

Most impressive. I think that finally pushed me over the top to fully embrace the Raiders. Thrilled to know he'll be living in my city soon. Lord knows we need more people like that around here.

3 hours ago, josh4heisman said:

Josh Allen is a ten-foot tall beast man who showers in vodka and feeds his baby shrimp scampi! Get ready to watch all 32 nfl teams tank in order to try and secure the #1 overall pick to draft him. The 31 teams who don't get him might as well forfeit their next 15 seasons. 

Seriously though, having been subjected to nearly every raider game the last 3 years, I have to admit that it's been fun to watch carr develop. The raiders look like they'll be primed for a super bowl run just in time for their move to Vegas.

1 hour ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

Josh Allen is a ten-foot tall beast man who showers in vodka and feeds his baby shrimp scampi! Get ready to watch all 32 nfl teams tank in order to try and secure the #1 overall pick to draft him. The 31 teams who don't get him might as well forfeit their next 15 seasons. 

Seriously though, having been subjected to nearly every raider game the last 3 years, I have to admit that it's been fun to watch carr develop. The raiders look like they'll be primed for a super bowl run just in time for their move to Vegas.

yes that's sarcasm but you're going to see a lot of teams try to pick him. Even teams with decent QBs right now will sniff around to see what it will cost. 

2017 Heisman Trophy Winner
Leading the Cowboys to the National Championship
2018 First Overall Pick in the NFL Draft

14 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

It is pretty cool to see an MWC quarterback doing so well in the league. Fresno produced a good one.

The national media doesn't want to talk about it, but about 40% of the NFL is players from non-P5 schools.  Last year, the majority of the Dallas Cowboys roster was from non-P5 schools.

8 hours ago, toonkee said:

Most impressive. I think that finally pushed me over the top to fully embrace the Raiders. Thrilled to know he'll be living in my city soon. Lord knows we need more people like that around here.

i really like him, both on and off the field.

however, when he moves to vegas, he might need to find a way to be a little more diplomatic about the rebels. of course he'll always be a dog, but he might need to rein it in a little so as not to alienate the 42 rebel fans. :ph34r:

he'll be a great addition to vegas. and speaking of that, fleury, less than 24 hours of being picked up in the vegas expansion draft, was out on the ice at a kids' camp. nice job.