Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Well played CNN

If you ask me the press is losing.

You don't understand the battlefield.  The press has no credibility with Trump voters, heck most of them barely read.  They all agree though that the media is biased and it is.  So mostly Trump wins by just getting press even if it is bad.

CNN was one of the main reasons Trump is president.

3 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

If you ask me the press is losing.

You don't understand the battlefield.  The press has no credibility with Trump voters, heck most of them barely read.  They all agree though that the media is biased and it is.  So mostly Trump wins by just getting press even if it is bad.

CNN was one of the main reasons Trump is president.

But those voters would not have won him the election. The election was won because of all the voters who don't necessarily like Trump but are frustrated/desperate enough to give him a chance over 4-8 more years of status quo. And many of those people do read and watch the news. 

I agree, though, that nothing the press can say or do will ever sway the dedicated Trump fans. Unless it becomes clear that he isn't what they though he'd be, but I'm not holding my breath.

1 hour ago, I am Ram said:

But those voters would not have won him the election. The election was won because of all the voters who don't necessarily like Trump but are frustrated/desperate enough to give him a chance over 4-8 more years of status quo. And many of those people do read and watch the news. 

I agree, though, that nothing the press can say or do will ever sway the dedicated Trump fans. Unless it becomes clear that he isn't what they though he'd be, but I'm not holding my breath.

Trump will hold 30-35% of his voters - It's a number that won't move much 

Orange 45's hard core base is so indoctrinated in his lies & con game they wouldn't believe anything outside of Fox News & Hard core RW radio (Hannity & Alex Jones types) - Trump will screw these people bigly and they don't have the brains to see it and probably are so supportive they would vote for Trump no matter what he does to them.

Take the family who lives on food stamps & medicaid, ........and the GOP wants to take those things away from them.............yet votes GOP 100& of the time because of 1) guns 2) Abortion 3) Too stupid to realize the RW media they listen to all day is paying them for suckers 

2 hours ago, UNLV2001 said:

Trump will hold 30-35% of his voters - It's a number that won't move much 

Orange 45's hard core base is so indoctrinated in his lies & con game they wouldn't believe anything outside of Fox News & Hard core RW radio (Hannity & Alex Jones types) - Trump will screw these people bigly and they don't have the brains to see it and probably are so supportive they would vote for Trump no matter what he does to them.

Take the family who lives on food stamps & medicaid, ........and the GOP wants to take those things away from them.............yet votes GOP 100& of the time because of 1) guns 2) Abortion 3) Too stupid to realize the RW media they listen to all day is paying them for suckers 

More than half of Fox news stories according to a Harvard study are anti-Trump.

That doesn't fit your brainwashing though does it idiot.

1 hour ago, bluerules009 said:

More than half of Fox news stories according to a Harvard study are anti-Trump.

That doesn't fit your brainwashing though does it idiot.

This one? 

https://shorensteincenter.org/news-coverage-donald-trumps-first-100-days/

IMG_0265.PNG

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, I am Ram said:

Power to the sketch artists!

635579722468486135-ftcdc5-bk-66btafg34e9

Now it's an official mwcboard thread. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, mugtang said:

That looks like the one.

To me Trump is about 50/50 on the issues.  I think he just throws a dart and takes a position which is subject to change.

He accidently takes positions I like all the time but I do not think it is any considered position and I think they are all subject to change.

To be writing articles that are 90+% negative though means they are writing articles attacking Trump for positions they hold in common.

Just now, bluerules009 said:

That looks like the one.

To me Trump is about 50/50 on the issues.  I think he just throws a dart and takes a position which is subject to change.

He accidently takes positions I like all the time but I do not think it is any considered position and I think they are all subject to change.

To be writing articles that are 90+% negative though means they are writing articles attacking Trump for positions they hold in common.

I agree.  I could even go so far as saying 65/35 negative/positive may be a fair representation, but that would be pushing it. 

Just now, mugtang said:

I agree.  I could even go so far as saying 65/35 negative/positive may be a fair representation, but that would be pushing it. 

That would be much more realistic.

Fox news is a socially conservative news outlet.  They are consistent on their positions on social issues like Abortion, gay rights, religious liberty ect...   Of course Fox news hates the bill of rights and loves every war but that should put them right in their with the democrats as those are Hillary's positions./gu yes

Fox News is also pretty liberal on spending.  O'Reilly spoke in favor of single payer, loved Bush's prescription drug plan and was all for welfare programs.  It always boggled the mind why liberals hated him so much.  

4 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

That would be much more realistic.

Fox news is a socially conservative news outlet.  They are consistent on their positions on social issues like Abortion, gay rights, religious liberty ect...   Of course Fox news hates the bill of rights and loves every war but that should put them right in their with the democrats as those are Hillary's positions./gu yes

Fox News is also pretty liberal on spending.  O'Reilly spoke in favor of single payer, loved Bush's prescription drug plan and was all for welfare programs.  It always boggled the mind why liberals hated him so much.  

And Trump has spoken out numerous times in favor of a single payer health care system. I don't get why the left is so against him :shrug: 

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

And Trump has spoken out numerous times in favor of a single payer health care system. I don't get why the left is so against him :shrug: 

I have no understanding why republicans support him especially fiscally conservative republicans with an libertarian tendencies at all.

I have no understanding why democrats don't try and work with a guy who was a lifelong democrat and whose/s chief advisor has said he is a very liberal democrat.

It seems to be more about politics, labels and re-election than actual policies.

Rand Paul and Ted Cruz are about the only two guys with any consistency.

1 hour ago, Rocket said:

This is really stunning lol

This hurts my soul.

Let's take a step back...

you have a soul? :P 

13 hours ago, mugtang said:

Actually if Trump moved back to his saner days, he could get support from the left on more than a few issues - Then the GOP would go to war with him...........but at that point if his favorables increase he could play the middle in his run for 2nd term - Trump campaigned on not touching Social Security, MedicAid & Medicare (he even said that was very un-republican thing to say).........but this GOP led healthcare bill does the opposite.

And "draining the swamp" had potential to get some real left support..........he was hammering HRC over he Goldman Sachs money speeches............then Trump puts 4 or 5 Goldman Sachs guys in cabinet positions which is far from draining the swamp.

Those two area's could have brought Trump some support from the left and middle............but the way he lies, it seems those were just a few more in the many from O45 

3 minutes ago, UNLV2001 said:

Actually if Trump moved back to his saner days, he could get support from the left on more than a few issues - Then the GOP would go to war with him...........but at that point if his favorables increase he could play the middle in his run for 2nd term - Trump campaigned on not touching Social Security, MedicAid & Medicare (he even said that was very un-republican thing to say).........but this GOP led healthcare bill does the opposite.

And "draining the swamp" had potential to get some real left support..........he was hammering HRC over he Goldman Sachs money speeches............then Trump puts 4 or 5 Goldman Sachs guys in cabinet positions which is far from draining the swamp.

Those two area's could have brought Trump some support from the left and middle............but the way he lies, it seems those were just a few more in the many from O45 

You don't care about issues, he has an R in front of his name and that means you won't support him.

Trump could do the exact same things and say the exact same stuff and if he had a D in front of his name you would be all over his cock just like you were Obama's.