Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFanatic

MW Board consensus: Upcoming tv contract value

This is what I'm talking about right here.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16/general-big-sky-conference-to-air-all-live-streamed-events-for-free-on-pluto-tv-for-the-2017-2018-season.aspx

Mark Zuckerberg: "We value our relationship with the MWC. We will provide this conference with more exposure than they normally get. We have a lot of gamblers on facebook that can tune into those games now. If enough of them tune in, maybe they'll throw a few bucks in the MWC's direction. We look forward to extending this deal in '19-'20. I've received word that CUSA will be on board too."

_88400193_mwc.jpg

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

11 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

This is what I'm talking about right here.

http://bigskyconf.com/news/2017/7/16/general-big-sky-conference-to-air-all-live-streamed-events-for-free-on-pluto-tv-for-the-2017-2018-season.aspx

Mark Zuckerberg: "We value our relationship with the MWC. We will provide this conference with more exposure than they normally get. We have a lot of gamblers on facebook that can tune into those games now. If enough of them tune in, maybe they'll throw a few bucks in the MWC's direction. We look forward to extending this deal in '19-'20. I've received word that CUSA will be on board too."

_88400193_mwc.jpg

Haha, you are so dumb. we gave away games that wouldn't be televised to the biggest social media platform in the world. 

Tell us, why isn't Facebook interested in the AAC's unused content?

Just now, AztecSU said:

Haha, you are so dumb. we gave away games that wouldn't be televised to the biggest social media platform in the world. 

Tell us, why isn't Facebook interested in the AAC's unused content?

LOL! The AAC/B1G/ACC/B12/SEC/Pac already are in deals.

The AAC doesn't want any part of this CUSA/MWC action.

Hey, I just saw this out there...

V5SuyFD.jpg

giphy.gif

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

5 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

LOL! The AAC/B1G/ACC/B12/SEC/Pac already are in deals.

The AAC doesn't want any part of this CUSA/MWC action.

Hey, I just saw this out there...

V5SuyFD.jpg

giphy.gif

We're all under contract. You're just too dumb to understand that every ESPN3 game you guys have is a freebie for the mothership.

5 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

Bro,

Nothing I'm saying is controversial. Look at this media members conclusion from the FACEBOOK/CUSA/MWC story.

Aren't MW and AAC contracts about the same? If you're this dumb I feel bad for you. Otherwise try harder. 

12 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

NOBODY EVER AGREES WITH ME!:crying:MAYBE THAT WILL CHANGE IF I TURN ON MY CAPS LOCK!:loser:

LOL Naturally you don't agree. You're a San Diego State fan and your school bungled away its life vest.

180746_ts.jpg

You play horrible teams and you're not on TV.

1 BID BABY

You just united with CUSA in this Facebook venture.

It's no accident that Boise State and San Diego fans are flocking to the AAC boards. LMAO

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

22 minutes ago, FormerFrog said:

LOL. NOT EVEN CLOSE TO THE SAME.

THE AAC IS GETTING P5 LEVEL EXPOSURE. THE MWC IS RELEGATED TO FACEBOOK.

Exposure as in your games air at the same time as SEC/B10/ACC/B12

and ours only during P12?

So we get paid the same to not have our content smothered by the competition? Interesting, thanks for the insight!

5 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Exposure as in your games air at the same time as SEC/B10/ACC/B12

and our only during P12?

ok.

Exposure... as in, ECU Basketball gets better 'exposure' than UNLV.

As for the ratings portfolio for AAC football.... It makes the American look like the NFL to the MWC's CFL (if you wished to watch CFL football in the States).

You really can't even compare the two.

MWC is giving away games. It took awhile to find a taker.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

35 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

NOBODY EVER AGREES WITH ME!:crying:MAYBE THAT WILL CHANGE IF I TURN ON MY CAPS LOCK!:loser:

WHY NOT?  NOTHING TO LOSE.

2 hours ago, AztecSU said:

Lol...Speaking of streaming. 

2017-08-26_1308.png

2017-08-26_1308_001.png

If it makes you feel better to try and make that comparison, when you're giving away content, BE. MY. GUEST. LOL

THE MWC AND CUSA CAN DO WHATEVER YOU GUYS WANT.

I really believe you'll end up on beIN together as a package too.

hTKgPYW.jpgt8rHyxq.gif

ESPN has the rights to the AAC now yet has not made an offer to the AAC.  CBS and ESPN have both made offers to the Mountain West and now ESPN/Disney has acquired the controlling interest in BAMtech so they have no reason not to purchase anything of value.

Colorado State made the entire Mountain legit nationally as a "power 5" autonomous level division.  The question is whether the West makes it a legit conference equal to any other FBS conference.  Maybe if you combine the Mountain and the AAC West you'd have an actual power 6 (although SMU?!).

SDSU and the five dwarfs is probably a great meme though.

It's funny, I remember something about exposure? Didn't know you meant only to ESPN subscribers, who care enough to pull up the ESPN3 stream. Figured things would improve in week 2, but just appears to be more of the same. Don't get me wrong, I think AAC has a lot of advantages. Bigger citities, enrollments, etc. But pretending we don't currently have different versions of a similar tv contract is just dumb.

Allowing ESPN to stream games on ESPN3 is of no benefit to AAC/MW or anyone else if EXPOSURE is part of the endgame. At that point twitter or Facebook makes way more sense. It can be shared and viewed without limit, and at the very least without a subscription. 

2017-08-26_1552.png