Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFanatic

MW Board consensus: Upcoming tv contract value

6 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Maybe SUDS can play in the parking lot of Qualcomm when the Petco arrangement runs dry?

IMG_1618.JPG.67a57720b714880be624db491eeaca8a.JPG

Speaking of Petco, weren't you the idiot that said SUDS wouldn't play in Petco??

You realize that SDSU has won every battle in the Stadium War, right? All evidence points to SDSU not only getting a new stadium it designs and desires, but also getting the Mission Valley site for campus expansion.

i know you hate him, but Dre is right.

In fact, let's get rid of Hair once and for all...

MW west div members to Big West....Mtn div members to BigSky....schedule each other enough to make filling our independent FBS season schedules not so difficult.

Get our own tv contracts.

Hair!  Gone!

The more I think about this the more I like it.  It really doesn't seem that far fetched, especially if the next tv contract is looking C-USA-like during negotiations.

Access Bowl will be out of the picture.  But like BYU, we'd all still have that 1:1,000,000,000,000 chance at making CFP.

i really wouldn't want to be in BigSky if I we're Mtn div member, so, instead, Mtn div remains the MW, adds NMSU and GCU for basketball/olys, and, voila!....Big West would be fine with me as far as basketball and olys.  Basketball might not be as promising to be a >2 bid league, but really how many times will MW accomplish more than 1 bid the next 10 years?  Prolly 2 or 3 seasons out of 10, maybe?

~ FF

16 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

Maybe a couple, but most Aztec fans won't care about UCSD possibly "replacing" them in the BW. 

I actually hope the BW DOES take UCSD down the road. Because if that happens, it will mean that SDSU wasn't forced to use the nuclear option of going indy for football just to get out of this cow chip pile. Much better for us would be admission to the realigned B12 or membership in either a nationwide best of the rest (which the revamped B12 might become) or membership in a new western conference that allows us to separate from the front rangers, CSU perhaps excepted.

Boom goes the dynamite.

13 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

UNC is a fine institution in a respectable location.

IMG_1619.JPG.cdefc03c31950bc44bc19c3b52f1dc4e.JPG

I can't say the same for SUDS.

IMG_1620.JPG.a7b8136c5b3bfa392f39a7d801fe9698.JPG

1. % of Americans who know what city the University of Northern Colorado is located in = ~2.0

2. % of Americans who think San Diego is located in Los Angeles County = ~.02 (IOW you and a handful of your butt buddies)

Boom goes the dynamite.

Awhy are the dipshit san diego fans saying their school is going independent this is a fantasy

there has been no articles saying san diego is leaving the mountain west 

san diego fans get over yourself you have no other option and you aren't better than any other school here

12 minutes ago, wyochris said:

Awhy are the dipshit san diego fans saying their school is going independent this is a fantasy

there has been no articles saying san diego is leaving the mountain west 

san diego fans get over yourself you have no other option and you aren't better than any other school here

It's not a fantasy.  It's a couple people trolling a message board.  Just a lot of dipshits are falling for it.

23 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

1. % of Americans who know what city the University of Northern Colorado is located in = ~2.0

2. % of Americans who think San Diego is located in Los Angeles County = ~.02 (IOW you and a handful of your butt buddies)

Don't act like you can't find a picture exactly like that but in San Diego. I would post another but I'm tired of looking at that garbage.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

1 hour ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I actually hope the BW DOES take UCSD down the road. Because if that happens, it will mean that SDSU wasn't forced to use the nuclear option of going indy for football just to get out of this cow chip pile. Much better for us would be admission to the realigned B12 or membership in either a nationwide best of the rest (which the revamped B12 might become) or membership in a new western conference that allows us to separate from the front rangers, CSU perhaps excepted.

How far "Down the road?" In theory that could be as early as tomorrow since their referendum is valid until September 2018.

1 hour ago, FresnoFanatic said:

Whatever the tv contract is, if teams leave for independent football, good luck.  We will be the same with or without you...tv contract-wise and conference strength-wise.

You obviously haven't been paying attention.  Once SDS-who leaves to become the next Norte Dame, the rest of us will drop down to FCS. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

30 minutes ago, jdgaucho said:

How far "Down the road?" In theory that could be as early as tomorrow since their referendum is valid until September 2018.

SDSU isn't going to go indy for football by September 2018 unless it feels it has been totally screwed by the MWC and I can't even imagine what that might look like. And what are the odds the BW would actually change its mind about UCSD in the next 14 months? None of the CSU schools are going to vote to add UCSD if they think they could possibly add SDSU instead within 5-6 years and I'm sure Hawaii would love to have SDSU back with them again.

And no, I'm not sure SDSU would join the BW if UCSD was there even if the BW still wanted SDSU. Under those circumstances SDSU would almost certainly consider joining the WAC instead. SDSU will bide its time to see what happens with the B12 because that's in its best interest long term and if the BW is smart, it will do the same with regard to SDSU.

Boom goes the dynamite.

4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

It's not a fantasy.  It's a couple people trolling a message board.  Just a lot of dipshits are falling for it.

Who's trolling whom? 

All you have to do is point out the flaws in the the TSDSUF's master plan and those dumb phucks lose their shit.  

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

You could say the same thing about CSU.  

Barack Obama

Guest Dr. Dre
17 hours ago, FresnoFanatic said:

We will be the same with or without you...tv contract-wise and conference strength-wise.

LOLOLOLOL

Well, You WILL be the same (which is a turd), but your TV contract and conference strength with be on par with C-USA.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Guest Dr. Dre
16 hours ago, wyochris said:

1)  san diego fans saying their school is going independent this is a fantasy

2) there has been no articles saying san diego is leaving the mountain west 

3) san diego fans get over yourself you have no other option and you aren't better than any other school here

1) other than its not. Independent football is gaining serious groundswell.

2) Its all over the airwaves, but more importantly its not.

3) this is the typical reposnse of fans that have no other option! Knowing full well that we do, and we are!

Guest Dr. Dre
15 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Once SDS-who leaves the rest of us will drop down to FCS. 

Well, maybe not FCS, but to obscurity for sure

Guest Dr. Dre
15 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSU will bide its time to see what happens with the B12 because that's in its best interest long term and if the BW is smart, it will do the same with regard to SDSU.

Yep. I think the one thing that makes us jump early is the 2020 TV contract.

Guest Dr. Dre
12 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

All you have to do is point out the flaws in the the TSDSUF's master plan 

There are none. 

#enjoyFCS