Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFanatic

MW Board consensus: Upcoming tv contract value

4 hours ago, Headbutt said:

Well first of all we wouldn't even have CBSSN if we hadn't threatened to sue CBS to fulfill their obligation to the Mtn contract, so I'm not sure just how interested they are.  Obviously that was before Boise came back, but they were willing to own our rights and bury them at one point.  They'd still prefer to cover the final 10 minutes of a HS exhibition game than cut away and actually show the entire MWC FB game.  ESPN is only on board because Boise was a hot national property, that has faded significantly but in doing so the brand of the overall MWC has increased.

ROOT seems to have a real liking for broadcasting SEC Mtn. games when they can get them.  As AT&T sports, and expanding more into MWC West markets, I do believe they become a real player in the negotiations.

I'd look for a per game raise from either ESPN, CBSSN, or whoever ends up with rights to broadcast us nationally.  Overall value of the contract when it's all added up?  I'd guess about $24 million, a 50% increase....right.

I hope you're right and we get a raise, but I don't see what we've done to earn one. 

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

Just now, Aslowhiteguy said:

I hope you're right and we get a raise, but I don't see what we've done to earn one. 

Was joking about the $24 mil.  I think we get a raise that reflects inflation, just like if we were delivering furniture for a living.

I do think there is a chance that the ROOT thing and streaming can make this a financial positive.  If not, we're going to find out in a hurry who is worth getting poached and who is not.

Guest Dr. Dre
15 hours ago, Headbutt said:

it has been reported that Boise gets to keep their special deal in the renegotiation, 

and we'll be gone. this is a non-starter. SDSU is NOT happy with out TV situation OR Boise's deal. Lots of rumblings about the MWC starting to get loud on the airwaves. Keeping the Aztecs happy may be what it takes to keep this conference together 

11 hours ago, Headbutt said:

If not, we're going to find out in a hurry who is worth getting poached and who is not.

Obviously No MW team is worth it.  We are all still here.  The numbers and deal given to Boise won't change anything.  Nobody is going any where.  Bitch bitch bitch all we want but nobody will / can do anything.  

This conference will not be getting a raise...

The total payout will go down.  If you don't think so, you haven't been paying attention.  If playing on Friday, Saturday late night games and pay cuts are your thing, this conference will fall apart sooner rather than later.

Guest Dr. Dre
10 minutes ago, slappy said:

Obviously No MW team is worth it.  We are all still here.  The numbers and deal given to Boise won't change anything.  Nobody is going any where.  Bitch bitch bitch all we want but nobody will / can do anything.  

Typed by someone who knows he's stuck and has ZERO chance at ANY betterment. So he'll hope and pray for the detriment of others that do. WHYome truly has the most to lose and it shows in his post. Others CAN (and will) do something.

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, jimjam said:

This conference will not be getting a raise...

The total payout will go down.  If you don't think so, you haven't been paying attention.  If playing on Friday, Saturday late night games and pay cuts are your thing, this conference will fall apart sooner rather than later.

Yep. Look for SDSU to walk out first

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, jimjam said:

And if that happens...CSU will be right behind you.  Guaranteed.

I think CSU is a school SDSU could (and would) work well with moving forward. You guys just need to do your own thinking without WHYome, Air Force, and New Mexico. You've outgrown them. Our situation is same with San Suck and Fresno 

1 minute ago, Dr. Dre said:

I think CSU is a school SDSU could (and would) work well with moving forward. You guys just need to do your own thinking without WHYome, Air Force, and New Mexico. You've outgrown them. Our situation is same with San Suck and Fresno 

We are.  Trust me on this one.

President Frank has completely changed the athletic culture at CSU, especially football.  I believe the new stadium is proof of that. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Typed by someone who knows he's stuck and has ZERO chance at ANY betterment. So he'll hope and pray for the detriment of others that do. WHYome truly has the most to lose and it shows in his post. Others CAN (and will) do something.

Talk to me when you go marching out of the only conference that wants you because you can't get your way.  It doesn't work like that.  Your not leaving youngster, and there is nothing you can do about it.  In the real world you don't always get what you want.  Let that be your life lesson for the day.  

Guest Dr. Dre
8 minutes ago, slappy said:

Talk to me when you go marching out of the only conference that wants you because you can't get your way.

you gonna be around here in 2020? Wait, you got no place else to go. Of course you will. I'll be sure to respond to you then. When I'm done laughing at you.

Your not leaving youngster, and there is nothing you can do about it.

yes we can, and yes we will. We're tired of carrying conference turds that contribute nothing (WHYome)

In the real world you don't always get what you want.  Let that be your life lesson for the day.  

Well I won't speak for others, but I usually do. Life lesson of the day is don't tag your wife without a raincoat. The itching will drive you crazy

We'll likely be offered an increase of 20-30% the original contract value. 

ESPN et al still have all the same time slots to fill but with less and less content from the Network having Big5. 

The AAC and MW will be a stop gap measure to supplement programming. If either conference wants a bump closer to 50%+, they'll have to merge their rights to    place all the best non-P5 broadcasts on the same term sheet. 

The truth is the T.V. contract is not that good because the conference is not that good those posters that think they are to good for the conference are part of the problem because they do not move the needle enough to bring revenue into the league. If you believe that going indy will somehow make your school that much better is a little hard to see, playing basketball in the BWC or the WAC is hardly a big step up.

The B-12 did not want any member of the MWC as a new member for a reason. If any member of this league wants G-5 membership then earn it  Do what Utah and TCU did.

24 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

The truth is the T.V. contract is not that good because the conference is not that good those posters that think they are to good for the conference are part of the problem because they do not move the needle enough to bring revenue into the league. If you believe that going indy will somehow make your school that much better is a little hard to see, playing basketball in the BWC or the WAC is hardly a big step up.

The B-12 did not want any member of the MWC as a new member for a reason. If any member of this league wants G-5 membership then earn it  Do what Utah and TCU did.

SDSU could do independence.  CSU cannot.

This is still a few years down the road...CSU will either be AAC or B12 (possibly depleted) but likely wont be here.  If SDSU bails for independence, CSU will leave faster than after a bad fart clears the room.

9 minutes ago, jimjam said:

SDSU could do independence.  CSU cannot.

This is still a few years down the road...CSU will either be AAC or B12 (possibly depleted) but likely wont be here.  If SDSU bails for independence, CSU will leave faster than after a bad fart clears the room.

What connection does CSU have with SDSU?

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch.