Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FresnoFanatic

MW Board consensus: Upcoming tv contract value

5 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

(a)   They were a community college in-my-lifetime

(b)  Their current academic standing & commuter school culture

(c)  Their stunt pseudo-bailing to the BIG Least w/their lil' brother

(d)   I also call them:  El Juco, boise jc, the Blu Burros, etc... as well

It must be humiliating to lose so often to community college/juco/commuter school/Blu Burro teams.

13 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Trust me, they are the draw.  Did you look at the TV numbers last year?  Lots of 100k numbers from here.  SDSU doesn't even get to claim barely any ratings because they were on CBSSN so much.  

I'm not doubting they are the draw.  My pt is, being the draw doesn't have the leverage it had 5-yrs-ago.  Being the draw, coupled w/being prk'd in the BIG Least gave boise jc a ton-o'-leverage last-time-around.  Now that they are in-the-fold, that draw doesn't have the same cashe it used to.  

#1 - They haven't been to a BIG Time bowl in a while

#2 - The more time-that-goes-by, and the more mediocre they become, they more their Cinderella luster becomes tarnished

#3 - There is ZERO risk of them bailing on the conf this time...

2 minutes ago, bsubroncochick said:

It must be humiliating to lose so often to community college/juco/commuter school/Blu Burro teams.

It was more humiliating losing to Idaho on your novelty turf last Dec.

See y'all in the Rammies NEW on-campus crib this Fall.

3 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I'm not doubt they are the draw.  My pt is, being the draw doesn't have the leverage it had 5-yrs-ago.  Being the draw, coupled w/being prk'd in the BIG Least gave boise jc a ton-o'-leverage.  Now that they are in-the-fold, that draw doesn't have the cashe it used to.  

#2 - The more time-that-goes-by, and the more mediocre they become, they more their luster becomes tarnished

#3 - There is ZERO risk of them bailing on the conf...

Didn't they win the Fiesta Bowl 3 years ago?  Pretty recent.

Just now, Wyobraska said:

Didn't they win the Fiesta Bowl 3 years ago?  Pretty recent.

Says the same school that champions a hoops Nat'l Championship during WWII

6 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

I'm not doubting they are the draw.  My pt is, being the draw doesn't have the leverage it had 5-yrs-ago.  Being the draw, coupled w/being prk'd in the BIG Least gave boise jc a ton-o'-leverage last-time-around.  Now that they are in-the-fold, that draw doesn't have the same cashe it used to.  

#2 - The more time-that-goes-by, and the more mediocre they become, they more their Cinderella luster becomes tarnished

You guys agreed to let them have that deal forever, is my understanding.  They went to a big bowl a couple years ago.  Nobody else here has ever done that.

You need Boise to do well.  Nobody else besides SDSU has anything sustained recently.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

9 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Says the same school that champions a hoops Nat'l Championship during WWII

Nice try at deflection, but you didn't answer the question and we weren't discussing Wyoming basketball.  We are discussing Boise football and their recent performance.  

For the record, if you look at this board I have never tried to boast or validate that title.  It is ancient history and should be treated as such.  

Now, do you care to comment on the topic at hand?

18 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

Just a correlation between where Fox Has RSNs and red states.  Obviously not a cause but it happens enough it makes me speculate they are more open about Idaho, Utah and Wyoming than California - although Fresno and SDSU are California universities with FBS schools in red areas of the state.

I get what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a reach.  Networks certainly tailor content to their corporate ideology, but I don't think they fail to put an affiliate in a market based on that.  That's all about Benjamin Franklin.

16 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Even if their fall continues (I think they've fallen as far as they will), there is no draw to replace them unless SDSU starts winning fiesta bowls. 

Theyre still the best brand and biggest draw by far.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

They are a pre season 16 so that's good for everyone.  Both Wyoming and Colorado State will have huge matchups with Boise, and so will the Aztecs.  Boise will deserve a championship if they can win in Qualcomm

im basically looking forward to three, maybe four conference games this year.  Hopefully there are some good non conference upsets too.

17 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

You guys agreed to let them have that deal forever, is my understanding.  They went to a big bowl a couple years ago.  Nobody else here has ever done that.

You need Boise to do well.  Nobody else besides SDSU has anything sustained recently.

¿¿¿ Nobody ???  Did wyo's 2nd-yr QB cure cancer this off-season???

16 minutes ago, Headbutt said:

I get what you're saying, but I think it's a bit of a reach.  Networks certainly tailor content to their corporate ideology, but I don't think they fail to put an affiliate in a market based on that.  That's all about Benjamin Franklin.

eye-balls = Benjies

2 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

eye-balls = Benjies

Agreed.  Fox News probably doesn't carry the same weight in the Bay Area as it does in my backyard, but I'm pretty sure it's still available in San Francisco if you want it.

Root/AT&T Sports will be available anywhere they think folks will watch it.

A significant portion of Window 4 money is sports bar licenses in the eastern and central time zones.  They pay much more than a home consumer to have a Boise v BYU matchup and only the PAC 12 or MW can offer it.

ratings are relevant ford ad rates, but bar licenses aren't affected.

8 hours ago, mugtang said:

I think the MWC is in a unique position as we can fill later time slots for ESPN, CBS, etc.  They need content at 7/8/9pm Pacific.  I think we will get $28million a year. Because why not?

ESPN already has BYU & BSU to fill late night & week nite games

I don't see one network tossing big $$ at the MWC.

Might be best if the MWC held onto it's games & sell them ala carte to the various networks - CBSSports...... Root (AT&T Sports) .....Fox Sports regional s,.....Time Warner Sports.......Net Streaming Platforms

The way TV is bleeding $$ I'm note sure the MWC could get $1M per school per year

22 minutes ago, Bruininthebay said:

A significant portion of Window 4 money is sports bar licenses in the eastern and central time zones.  They pay much more than a home consumer to have a Boise v BYU matchup and only the PAC 12 or MW can offer it.

ratings are relevant ford ad rates, but bar licenses aren't affected.

Any BYU - BSU or PAC late night ET/CT games are just background noise in those time zones - Doubt many really watch or care by the time their eyes glaze over at 10PM ET when our night games begin.

Which is why east coast based TV networks probably won't pay much for MWC games

MWC is a regional conference & probably will end up on regional stations like it's been 

1 hour ago, GoState99755 said:

It was more humiliating losing to Idaho on your novelty turf last Dec.

See y'all in the Rammies NEW on-campus crib this Fall.

That was an embarrassing loss 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

9 minutes ago, mugtang said:

That was an embarrassing loss 

Geez, ya think?

Not making excuses, but it should be noted that Linehan would be a top 4 QB in the MWC at least.  Dude is good and will play in the league.

1 minute ago, Headbutt said:

Geez, ya think?

Not making excuses, but it should be noted that Linehan would be a top 4 QB in the MWC at least.  Dude is good and will play in the league.

There's no disputing that but you guys got run off the field by Idaho for 3 quarters until you decided to start playing and garbage time. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Just now, mugtang said:

There's no disputing that but you guys got run off the field by Idaho for 3 quarters until you decided to start playing and garbage time. 

Nope, no disputing that, but it went further than that.

We got outcoached big time.  Stevens sucked at getting his feet under him to make accurate throws for the first half, but mostly it looked like the first time our HC and OC had ever seen an actually frozen field.  Probably because it was the first time they had seen an actually frozen field.

By the way.  Not an excuse by any means, but BSU needs to be extremely embarrassed by the condition of the field that night.  They were hosting a bowl game, not a HS playoff.  They were negligent on the playing surface.