Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

VOTR: Have Poke Fans Officially Reached TWYOF Status?

Has TWYOF Become a Thing?  

54 members have voted

1. 1. Have Poke Fans Officially Finally Reached TWYOF Status?

• Yes -- The Josh Allen Circlejerk Made it Official
    • No -- They Still Haven't Reached the Level of TBSUF or TCSUF

As with the official designation of TCSUF through board consensus, we need to do this by the book with regard to Poke fans. Official T___F designation is a very serious matter not to be taken lightly so please consider your votr carefully.

8F762160-21FE-4FCC-9DC5-3BE3CF8466D1_zps 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

A few of them have but overall I say no. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 minutes ago, mugtang said:

A few of them have but overall I say no. 

And this is why I wanted to bring it to a board votr. We as a community can't just casually through a T___F label out there, it has to be done officially and with the utmost seriousness. This is why there are only two official T___F designations on the MWCBoard. 

No, there's enough levelheaded cowboy fans that the wildly optimistic guys are still atypical.

The reason why there were TBSUFs and TCSUFs is that in the first case the insane Boise fans outnumbered the sane ones, at least by post count for a long time. Then bandwagon loco CSU fans came on board and instead of the headbutt/swoll cracker/1554/fort fun/hca crowd outnumbering jimjam and scooter you had more KAPRI BIBBS ANUS JUICE posts than "we could really stand to have a d1 caliber fullback and sam linebacker if we want to win more games" posts. 

Same reason there wasn't ever a typical SDSU fan. 

Although, the trendline for Wyo is not encouraging

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

5 minutes ago, happycamper said:

No, there's enough levelheaded cowboy fans that the wildly optimistic guys are still atypical.

The reason why there were TBSUFs and TCSUFs is that in the first case the insane Boise fans outnumbered the sane ones, at least by post count for a long time. Then bandwagon loco CSU fans came on board and instead of the headbutt/swoll cracker/1554/fort fun/hca crowd outnumbering jimjam and scooter you had more KAPRI BIBBS ANUS JUICE posts than "we could really stand to have a d1 caliber fullback and sam linebacker if we want to win more games" posts. 

Fair enough and it's why we're trying to do this above board and in full transparency. Official T___F designation should be difficult to attain, otherwise it delegitimizes all the hard work TBSUFs and TCSUFs put in.

This is the way I've observed things this off-season with regards to the Josh Allen stuff and TWYOFs.

Wyoming fans posted stuff national media are saying about Josh Allen(while being surprised and saying this is cool)--->

Fans of other teams start saying Josh isn't that good and Wyoming fans are idiots/crazy/TWYOF for thinking he is that good(even though it wasn't Wyoming fans making the claims initially)---->

Wyoming fans defend Josh Allen---->

Josh Allen memes start and good time is had by all.

Throw in some sock puppets to stir things up and you end up with some TWOF type posts but I really don't think we are there. Even though we all think JA will be great this season and are expecting quite a bit out of him and expect a good year from the Cowboys I think most of the over the top posts about JA are TIC or sock puppets.

There are a few posters that could be treading towards TWYOF direction but I don't think we are there yet. Give it some time though and we can get there.;)

Edit: I was using the T____F term as a way to illustrate my point but as BSUTOP25 pointed out I shouldn't use the term yet if it hasn't been authorized.

Just now, tspoke said:

This is the way I've observed things this off-season with regards to the Josh Allen stuff and TWYOFs.

Wyoming fans posted stuff national media are saying about Josh Allen(while being surprised and saying this is cool)--->

Fans of other teams start saying Josh isn't that good and Wyoming fans are idiots/crazy/TWYOF for thinking he is that good(even though it wasn't Wyoming fans making the claims initially)---->

Throw in some sock puppets to stir things up and you end up with some TWOF type posts but I really don't think we are there. Even though we all think JA will be great this season and are expecting quite a bit out of him and expect a good year from the Cowboys I think most of the over the top posts about JA are TIC or sock puppets.

There are a few posters that could be treading towards TWYOF direction but I don't think we are there yet. Give it some time though and we can get there.;)

Sir, please don't use that term yet. It's waaaaay too early yet, nothing is official until the board community has spoken. Thanks.

2 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Sir, please don't use that term yet. It's waaaaay too early yet, nothing is official until the board community has spoken. Thanks.

Edit my post. Thank you.

5 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Edit my post. Thank you.

You're a good man and a true American. Thank you.

21 minutes ago, tspoke said:

Edit: I was using the T____F term as a way to illustrate my point but as BSUTOP25 pointed out I shouldn't use the term yet if it hasn't been authorized.

Just call 'em CJ posts

3 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Somewhat interesting that 75% of the "No" votes are from Wyo fans. 

...Typical.

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think it's typical that fanbases get excited when they have a particular player that's coming back and is getting some hype. 

I still just think it's early for Allen, he still has some things with his mechanics to work out and threw a lot of interceptions last year.  I get they like his measurables and think they can coach some of this other stuff out of him, but he still seems really raw, at least to me.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

Just now, misplacedcowboy said:

Pretty sure that automatically qualifies them as TwyoF...

It's best to let my silence do the talking on this one :D :cheers:

You're a great Poke fan of the old mold we love around here. Just like John Wayne toilet paper -- tough as nails and don't take shit from anyone. 

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

And this is why I wanted to bring it to a board votr. We as a community can't just casually through a T___F label out there, it has to be done officially and with the utmost seriousness. This is why there are only two official T___F designations on the MWCBoard. 

Let me first say, I couldn't give a f#@k what your opinion of this is.

Secondly, while many in Wyoming are embracing the east coast lovefest of Josh Allen, it isn't coming from us.  Perhaps you are misguided giving Wyo fans all the credit for the Josh Allen :)

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Just now, pokebball said:

Let me first say, I couldn't give a f#@k what your opinion of this is.

Secondly, while many in Wyoming are embracing the east coast lovefest of Josh Allen, it isn't coming from us.  Perhaps you are misguided giving Wyo fans all the credit for the Josh Allen :)

That's a side of pokebball I haven't seen yet...I like it! 

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 hours ago, happycamper said:

Then bandwagon loco CSU fans came on board and instead of the headbutt/swoll cracker/1554/fort fun/hca crowd outnumbering jimjam and scooter you had more KAPRI BIBBS ANUS JUICE posts than "we could really stand to have a d1 caliber fullback and sam linebacker if we want to win more games" posts. 

I can't phucking stop laughing!!! It's going to take me hours to clean the Copenhagen out of my damn keyboard. Curse you for life happy!

If I were you I would trademark the term KAPRI BIBBS ANUS JUICE.

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Lmfao...wait, whose anus juice?

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

2 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Lmfao...wait, whose anus juice?

You think Fort Collins guys were talking about lube when they were saying "prepare your anus"? Oh goodness no. It was an all-natural kombucha based cleanse intended to rid their favored receptacle (our anuses) from any toxins that might have ruined their experience. The name is technically anni-US all purpose cleansing and detoxifying homeopathic gastric smoothie, but everyone just calls it "anus juice".