Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

son of a gun

Trump isn't just planning a wall, but a SOLAR wall!

In other, unrelated news, some on the left have begun calling for increased oil and gas exploration and are discouraging investment in future solar projects. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, Rampage said:

Why not a large trench of burning  oil and coal?

Global warming 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Actually my out of the box unverified idea would be to relocate some of the west coast military bases currently located on prime valued land and relocate them along the border. Who would pay for it? Mexico of course!  No no no, the money generated from the land sales would pay for it as well as new construction. They could be shaped as long and slender as much as possible.  I haven't gone through to see if the numbers add up, but it would be something to check out. 

Take El Toro for example. They closed it in 1999, and sold off 3/4 of the 4,500 acres to a developer. If they had sold it off in much smaller pieces over time, they could've made up to 21 billion. But instead, they took the best bid on the huge acreage and a developer got a steal at 650 million for 3,200 acres. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

In other, unrelated news, some on the left have begun calling for increased oil and gas exploration and are discouraging investment in future solar projects. 

Until Obama came out in favor of oil and gas exploration and the House of Representatives became a singularity and folded in on itself.

19 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

Until Obama came out in favor of oil and gas exploration and the House of Representatives became a singularity and folded in on itself.

We might be better off 

38 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Actually my out of the box unverified idea would be to relocate some of the west coast military bases currently located on prime valued land and relocate them along the border. Who would pay for it? Mexico of course!  No no no, the money generated from the land sales would pay for it as well as new construction. They could be shaped as long and slender as much as possible.  I haven't gone through to see if the numbers add up, but it would be something to check out. 

Take El Toro for example. They closed it in 1999, and sold off 3/4 of the 4,500 acres to a developer. If they had sold it off in much smaller pieces over time, they could've made up to 21 billion. But instead, they took the best bid on the huge acreage and a developer got a steal at 650 million for 3,200 acres. 

But the biggest west coast bases are naval...

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

18 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Shhh.  Just let him be......

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

What kind of logic is this? You do realize that not all naval bases are on or near the water, right? I grew up on a naval base in CA, and it's in the Mojave fricken Desert. The China Lake Naval Weapons Center (the name changed but I'm too lazy to look) For example, weapon system development for naval aircraft doesn't need the coast, Skippy. 

Secondly, we might have some nice sized bases on the water, but did you even look at how many aren't? There are dozens and dozens of small medium and large bases on the west coast to choose from that don't need proximity to the ocean. .

Other than that, you were right on the money.  :) 

kat.jpg

18 minutes ago, jackmormon said:

$25 Billion a year in remittances sent to Mexico.

25 bill x .10 = $2.5 Billion/year

$2.5 Billion less into Mexican economy/year

Less than 10 years to pay off wall costs.

= Mexico paying for wall.

Cute youtube video though. I guess. Didn't watch it.

All is well, For Rice is gone.