Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Reno is starting to look like the Silicon Valley - Bloomberg

1 hour ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

There are rumors of TWO car companies planning to build factories out by the Tesla plant.

And that doesn't include speculation that Google may use their recently purchased land for self-driving car testing.

19 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Can we have 1 thread on the OT forum that doesn't turn into a political dick swinging contest?  Please?

Don't blame me, OT is all politics & Trump 24/7. This is your baby.

It was a political dig on me, and I'll respond in kind. We all know where the divisions lie with diiferent posters in OT, so if you want political free threads, that's up to you to communicate to everyone. This is your house and you're in charge. 

kat.jpg

Just now, mugtang said:

Can we have 1 thread on the OT forum that doesn't turn into a political dick swinging contest?  Please?

I thought doing the helicopter was what the OT board was for. 

2 hours ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

I wasn't referring to your political leanings. ?

Not leanings, it's the actual hashing out of the issues confrontationally, and that causes people to take jabs at each other whenever the opportunity presents itself in OT. We're all guilty of that.

The reality of it is the OT has turned into a Trump Derangement Syndrome safe space for MWC fans, and they don't take kindly to assertive outliers. :) 

kat.jpg

2 hours ago, toonkee said:

"Dollar Short" was the working title of the Pearl Jam song "Alive" before Eddie Vedder gave it lyrics, right @Nevada Convert?

Yup, that's my understanding of it.  They sent Eddie a cassette tape with the guitars, bass and drums and said "OK, if you were in our band, what vocal lead part would you create for this". I still have a copy of that cassette somewhere. It was actually kind of cool with just the guitars. They were more raw, edgier and aggressive than what they actually recorded for the album. Wish people could hear the guitars in the original versions with the vocal they used for the album. 

kat.jpg

46 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

Yup, that's my understanding of it.  They sent Eddie a cassette tape with the guitars, bass and drums and said "OK, if you were in our band, what vocal lead part would you create for this". I still have a copy of that cassette somewhere. It was actually kind of cool with just the guitars. They were more raw, edgier and aggressive than what they actually recorded for the album. Wish people could hear the guitars in the original versions with the vocal they used for the album. 

I have a "copy" of the tape as well....from a Ten box set.  I think it's the version with Ed's vocals on top, though.

9 hours ago, toonkee said:

Oh, yeah! Well Vegas is the next Central Valley cuz we got the Raiderzzzzz. 

Image result for wait what meme

:lol: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I'm shocked at how quick this grew in Reno. Good for them and good for the state!

North Las Vegas is beginning to make some tech in-roads as well. Now that net-metering is back, and with the battery work going on in Reno, I could see Vegas become a headquarters for Solar as well. There's a lot of new exciting stuff going on in the Silver State.

And yes, it looks like California has mortally wounded the golden goose.

2 hours ago, Lester_in_reno said:

the local infrastructure will need big expansions and updates. (freeways)

North valleys area is  growing too fast.

Yup. Now you guys know how Vegas has felt the last couple decades. Soon you can argue that we are stealing your tax money. :ph34r: