Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Reno is starting to look like the Silicon Valley - Bloomberg

25 minutes ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Damn, I thought this was going to have some cleavage pics.

Sorry :shrug:

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

16 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

...that claim Reno is just a trashy one trick pony with meth mouth.....you can suck it!

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2017-06-22/reno-is-starting-to-look-more-like-silicon-valley

I merged your thread into mine

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

4 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Now my response to Convert makes absolutely no sense!!!

It still does because you can see he was 10 minutes late to the party.

Uh-oh, from the article

For years, students at the University of Nevada at Reno mostly left town after graduation. But after the state’s tax deal with Tesla was announced, UNR’s engineering college booked a large auditorium for an information session with the electric-car maker.

On a serious note, good for Reno.  

1 minute ago, Jimbo_Poke said:

Uh-oh, from the article

On a serious note, good for Reno.  

When speaking of academics or the actual University and not athletics...that is the correct usage.

Just now, THEUniversityofNevada said:

There are rumors of TWO car companies planning to build factories out by the Tesla plant.

What kind of factories?

Don't know many details but both established car companies (not start ups)  looking at expanding electric and self driving lines.

US or foreign companies?

Both

Well if I had to guess. And it's just a wild guess at this point, Audi/Volkswagen and Ford are my guesses. 

36 minutes ago, THEUniversityofNevada said:

That's ok, neither does Convert most of the time.

You liberally challenged folks champion yourselves as being so regressive....I mean progressive, so I would've hoped that that would include jokes. But obviously there's some work to be done. ? 

kat.jpg

7 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

You liberally challenged folks champion yourselves as being so regressive....I mean progressive, so I would've hoped that that would include jokes. But obviously there's some work to be done. ? 

Can we have 1 thread on the OT forum that doesn't turn into a political dick swinging contest?  Please?