Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dudleyDgroot

San Diego State Stadium Solution

I have the answer (at least temporarily) for the SDSU Stadium dilemma.....Schedule games at Estadio Caliente....Only a 21 mile drive from San Diego....A virtually new, state of the art stadium that seats 27,500....The Aztecs can really get back to their roots.....

Guest Dr. Dre
4 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am "Stunned" by this awesome idea.  Just waiting on the #1 picture.

here. I'll do it for him

250px-Xolos_estadio_caliente.jpg

now we can end the thread

Guest #1Stunner
5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I am "Stunned" by this awesome idea.  Just waiting on the #1 picture.

Use your brain, that guy @dudleyDgroot is a San Jose State fan.

Guest Dr. Dre
6 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I came up with the Estadio Caliente solution.

This is true. Its too stupid even for Stunner, but right in time with your walnut brain

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

"The only FBS football team to host their home games on foreign soil." ? ? 

Laradise- like a moth to the light

(and we can always pimp your sister in TJ. She should be worth a tamale)

Guest #1Stunner
18 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

This is true. Its too stupid even for Stunner, but right in time with your walnut brain

I don't even understand why playing a game or 2 at Estadio Caliente (if that's what the Stadium in Tijuana is called) is supposed to be some sort of insult to San Diego State...  I would be really excited if BYU scheduled a game there against SDSU.   Why the hell not?

DAMN..... this place has really gotten overrun by the low IQ crowd.   Dr. Dre, you have gotten so far in some of the fools' heads, they think of you at night...

Best part is Estadio Caliente would be easily in the top 3 or 4 stadiums in the MW. We should schedule the BYU game there, that way they can do missionary work and see a stadium on the same trip. 

I like it. They serve drinks and food to the seats, mock the competition in unison and win, sounds a lot like what we already have and do (excluding the seat service of drinks).

9 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Best part is Estadio Caliente would be easily in the top 3 or 4 stadiums in the MW. We should schedule the BYU game there, that way they can do missionary work and see a stadium on the same trip. 

Good luck with that, JoeHoes and 7th Day types yes, Pepsi Owners aren't a real big attraction in TJ.

I love TJ!

Guest #1Stunner
31 minutes ago, AztecSU said:

Only concern I would have is if the games in Tijuana are unsafe, or if fans would be targeted by criminals.   I know that some of the soccer games can get out of hand---drunk fans becoming unruly (like a typical Wyoming Cowboys game).  I don't have much knowledge about that, so I'd defer to if SDSU fans know of crime and such.

But, I think it would be fun, and I agree, their stadium blows most of the MWC away.  Regarding Tijuana, there are 45,000 Mormons living in the Tijuana area, and the Mormon Church just built a temple there.   So, yes, I think there would be some local Mormons that would be excited to attend (if the tickets aren't too expensive).

Also, lots of BYU fans speak Spanish, and have lived in Spanish speaking countries, and would probably be excited to travel there.  BYU has a lot of Members in Mexico, and fans who lived in Mexico on missions.    Coach Sitake also said he wants to travel to Mexico City in the next few years, to reach out to BYU fans there.

So....Between BYU and SDSU, I think we could both do a good job selling tickets.    So, if SDSU ever approaches BYU bout a game in Tijuana, I am guessing that BYU would be in favor of it. 

Here is the Tijuana, Mexico Mormon Temple:

tijuana-mormon-temple10.jpg