Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

NBA Draft (and Summer League)

Rumors and trades abound. #1 Fultz to Philly, looking like the Lakers WILL likely take Ball. Paul George? Does LeBron stay or go? (Gilbert really screwed up this week) Lakers have been freeing up cap space, but i just don't see LeBron going west..

and here is the summer league schedule in Vegas. Yes, Pat McCaw will be playing..

https://www.reviewjournal.com/sports/basketball/nba-summer-league/nba-announces-game-broadcast-schedule-for-summer-league-2017/

Laker fans took over the T&M the first weekend last year, there were about 16,000 of them there. I'm guessing there will be a similar turnout this year.

Best of luck to all MW kids who have entered the draft.

1 hour ago, misplacedcowboy said:

As a MW fan I always enjoy the Summer league. It's fun to see some familiar names try and find a place in the NBA.

When do rosters get released?

Odds are good it will be sometime after the draft, :P

Just messing with you, but after the draft there will be a lot of 'free agents' trying to make a team. In the past rosters havent been completely finalized until a few days before they start. But we will have a good idea where most of them will be playing by next week, some will be playing in Orlando or Utah before Vegas starts. 

19 minutes ago, renoskier said:

What say you MWC fans, does Cam Oliver's name get called? If so, when and by who?

Are there any other MWC players with any chance?

Early 2nd round. Probably no one else with a chance at hearing their name called tonight, but could certainly make summer rosters. 

Only Oliver on a couple mock boards that I have seen, all late 2nd.

UCLA's and dooks number of draftees highlight what could have been for them.  dook never got it together, and UCLA ran into a UK team out for revenge, but still has to be rough to have all that talent and little to show for it.

2 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

, but still has to be rough to have all that talent and little to show for it.

Signed Nevada bball fans 2010

41 minutes ago, brillio said:

Signed Nevada bball fans 2010

Yeah we had quite a run. From 2002-2010 we had at least one NBA player on our team every year and most years we had 2. 

Most have Oliver going mid-late 2nd round. At that point I just hope he finds the right fit. He has the potential to be a solid NBA player.

6 minutes ago, Jersey Rebels said:

Terrible deal for the Bulls, like wtf? Dunn sucks, Lavine may not be the same, and they give away their 16th pick. Awful. 

Totally agree.  Josh Allen was still on the table.

43 minutes ago, sebasour said:

As a Lakers fan, I really hope Lonzo is worth all the horseshit his dad brings

qYlPItr.jpg

after seeing that commercial last week, i don't think his dad is going to be a problem, lol.

Such a bummer.  I hope he proves them all wrong. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

Nigel Williams-Goss at #55?  Dude was the starting PG on a team that reached the national title game. Too low, imo.

4 hours ago, sebasour said:

As a Lakers fan, I really hope Lonzo is worth all the horseshit his dad brings

qYlPItr.jpg

Is that a real photo or a photoshopped masterpiece? Either way, I had a good laugh! 

Guest RoscoesDad

When they were interviewing Zach Collins after he got picked 10th, I closed my eyes for a bit and imagined zimmermom crying and throwing the remote at the tv in a fit of rage.