Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mugtang

Nevada basketball to take trip to Costa Rica

http://www.nevadawolfpack.com/sports/m-baskbl/spec-rel/062117aaa.html

RENO, Nev. – The University of Nevada men’s basketball team will take a foreign tour to Costa Rica Aug. 18-26. The Wolf Pack will play the Costa Rica National team and teams from Canada during the eight-day tour.

“We are so excited to take our foreign tour trip this year to Costa Rica in August,” head coach Eric Musselmansaid. “A trip like this is an unbelievable experience for our players and staff and it allows us the opportunity to grow together as a team. It’s great for the new players to bond and get closer to the older guys and vice versa. The other great part of this trip is it takes everyone out of their element, by being in a different country and doing things like zip lining or rafting, that you naturally grow closer to each other just based on the fact that you are all learning and experiencing new things together. 

The Wolf Pack are coming off a season in which they captured both the Mountain West regular season and tournament titles. The Pack made the schools first NCAA Championship appearance in a decade and posted a 28-7 record.

“While in Cost Rica, we will play five games against various competition. It will be a great opportunity for us to get out and compete against someone else other than ourselves. It will be a great gauge with where we are at as a team.”

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

8 minutes ago, HoosierRebel said:

Any word on whether Muss will foot the bill for some of the boosters to tag along?

Not sure.  I imagine it's boosters as they were talking about raising money for it at the awards dinner in April. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, HoosierRebel said:

Any word on whether Muss will foot the bill for some of the boosters to tag along?

To play the Paul Krebs Invitational Golf Tournament?

Mug you should go. CR is fun, great food, two coasts and some of the best river rafting in the world. Lots to do!

Guest Dr. Dre

I can't think of anywhere else they"ll play other than in San Jose which is only exceeded on the shitehole scale by Puntarenas and Fresno, Ca.

The rest of CR is awesome 

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

I can't think of anywhere else they"ll play other than in San Jose which is only exceeded on the shitehole scale by Puntarenas and Fresno, Ca.

The rest of CR is awesome 

Quepos is the place to be in CR. 

3 hours ago, Jaredcg said:

You can see where they are staying on Muss's personal blog post. The two Marriotts look very nice. This trip is had to cost a lot of $$$

I think the cost was somewhere between $1,000 - $1,200 per player/coach

32 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I think the cost was somewhere between $1,000 - $1,200 per player/coach

Yeah I remember that comment they must be getting really solid airfare rate to come in at that price. As 9 nights at the hotels they are staying at will be pricey 

Guest Dr. Dre
53 minutes ago, Cincy said:

Quepos is the place to be in CR. 

Quepos is one place I haven't been (close- Playa Hermosa), but I have no reason to not believe you.

Reno meet Costa Rica. Costa Rica meet meth.

Mike Bronson, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:45 PM, said:

Don't be mad because the refs are going to need Tommy John surgeries after this poorly played game.

mugtang, on 27 Sept 2013 - 8:49 PM, said:

Your mom is going to need Tommy John surgery after jerking me off all night.

Cartoon-21-Final.jpg