Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wyochris

right now wyoming has the best and newest overall basketball and football facilities

56 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Is anyone else surprised that they just spent that much money and decided to put in bleacher seating throughout most of the stadium instead of real seats? Cuz I am.

Most of the west side is chairback and bench back and about half of the east upper deck is bench back.  Its hard to see in that photo.

Notice the light green color on the east upper deck and west side...Those are bench back seats.  The dark green is obviously chairbacks.

pano.jpg

10 minutes ago, jimjam said:

Most of the west side is chairback and bench back and about half of the east upper deck is bench back.  Its hard to see in that photo.

Notice the light green color on the east upper deck and west side...Those are bench back seats.  The dark green is obviously chairbacks.

pano.jpg

Looks great. I assume aside from the chair backs and bench backs it's all bleachers? Will there be an option to rent one of those chairs? Looking forward to my trip there next year. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

14 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

Looks great. I assume aside from the chair backs and bench backs it's all bleachers? Will there be an option to rent one of those chairs? Looking forward to my trip there next year. 

Not sure on the rentable chairs and yes it's all bleachers beyond the chair and bench backs.  The entire lower east side is for students and like most places they stand for the whole game.

I Look forward to hosting fans from conference schools at the new stadium.

25 minutes ago, jimjam said:

pano.jpg

Wooooooow! Eeewwwee guys reeeeeally out diiiiiid yourselves.

IMG_1494.JPG.f5f75e0bfb4428494de2068cc3a90ecd.JPG

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

8 hours ago, jimjam said:

You are the idiot.  LaPorte is not Fort Collins. 

Let me help you out....  There's LaPorte Colorado, a small town in northern Colorado.  Then there's Fort Collins, a large town in Northern Colorado and further south.

That said, Laporte is a much nicer town than that dump Laramie.

You rode the short bus. All doubts erased...

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

8 hours ago, jimjam said:

What a waste of money.  At least you'll have middle tier facilities in the Big Sky.

How long after Hughes opened did you guys finally win a conference championship?

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

2 minutes ago, Wyovanian said:

How long after Hughes opened did you guys finally win a conference championship?

Hughes was a dump. But on the positive side, it came with functional circuit breakers.

1 hour ago, Wyovanian said:

Seems you guys built a new stadium in the late 60' too. How'd that first season work out for ya'?

I'm having trouble connecting the dots with your argument that you've brought to this thread a few times.  Do you think CSU will only win 20% of their games like they did in '68 when Hughes opened? 

Here are some reasons why I believe CSU will have a better than .200 winning percentage.  In the late 60's Mike Lude was the head coach instead of Mike Bobo.  The last bowl game CSU went to prior to the opening of Hughes was 20 years earlier, they went to a bowl game last year.  The enrollment at CSU in the late 60's was much closer to Wyoming's than CU, now we're pretty even with CU's enrollment while Wyoming's has been relatively stagnant (congrats on record enrollment at UW for next year, CSU has pretty much had record enrollment every year for the past 30 years).  In the late 60's, CSU was a small dusty outpost trying to keep up with it's neighbor to the east, Greeley.  Today CSU is a highly regarded university siting in a thriving, growing community with a diverse and stable economy.  If you don't change, there's a good chance that history will repeat itself, however the dynamics surrounding the CSU football program have changed greatly.  Will there be a repeat of 1968 for CSU as they open a new stadium, I'm guessing no.

lol your daddy, csu, is about to destroy you with their new stadium. I hope new Aztec stadium is modeled after theirs.

11 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Meaningless.  You talk about the short bus....Your dumbass hasn't realized your pukes haven't won a football title since 1988.

Perfect fit for the big sky.

12 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

12 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

The smell. The summer teeth.

The smell huh?

Our new stadium has you all phucked up.  You pukes will never, and I mean NEVER have a facility like this.

19 hours ago, Scooter said:

WTF does LaPorte or Greeley have to do with the CSU campus or the town Fort Collins for that matter???

1 hour ago, jimjam said:

The smell huh?

Our new stadium has you all phucked up.  You pukes will never, and I mean NEVER have a facility like this.

Come on now whenever you have easterly winds in Fort Collins, you know what we are talking about.  My first time visiting Fort Collins happened to occur on a day with easterly wind.  I remembered that when I started looking at colleges.

True on the second part because who wants a sheep on their field and RAMS plastered on their seating?  Hey your new stadium is a godsend for us Poke fans.  Much better facility to invade every other year.  

15 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Certainly common for college, but new stadiums tend to go with chairs. At least on both sidelines. Reser was 100% chairs on the new section. Minnesota was chairs endzone to endzone. I'm not bagging on them, I just thought they'd go that route with such a big capitol expenditure. Especially for a program that fancies itself as a Big XII/B1G/NFL East school.

Minnesota has the cash to do that.  But for a G5, putting chairbacks in the upper deck is cost-prohibitive (honestly, what would the return factor be?) and rarely, if ever, done.  To CSU's defense, they did in fact chairback nearly the endzone to endzone of the home side.  The other side in the lower bowl is the student section, no reason to give them chairs. 

I don't see the problem, in the end. 

26 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Minnesota has the cash to do that.  But for a G5, putting chairbacks in the upper deck is cost-prohibitive (honestly, what would the return factor be?) and rarely, if ever, done.  To CSU's defense, they did in fact chairback nearly the endzone to endzone of the home side.  The other side in the lower bowl is the student section, no reason to give them chairs. 

I don't see the problem, in the end. 

Are chairs or bleachers easier to put tarps over when attendance is down? :P

But I agree, chairs on the upper deck doesn't make sense for CSU or anyone else. Bleachers with backs would've been nice to see though (minus the student section of course)

10 minutes ago, misplacedcowboy said:

Are chairs or bleachers easier to put tarps over when attendance is down? :P

But I agree, chairs on the upper deck doesn't make sense for CSU or anyone else. Bleachers with backs would've been nice to see though (minus the student section of course)

I'm tall.  Absolutely despise bleacher backs.  It takes a couple inches from the aisle.

6 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I'm tall.  Absolutely despise bleacher backs.  It takes a couple inches from the aisle.

Me too - I can't stand metal bleacher backs. I imagine the maintenance on those sombitches is costly as well. If someone desperately wants a back rest, bring your own or rent one from the stadium. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg