Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wyochris

right now wyoming has the best and newest overall basketball and football facilities

4 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Gotta be. Nobody else would start a ridiculous thread like this.

I think it is someone else just trying to stir up shit for Wyoming.  Look at the other threads he starts.  Sock all the way 

5 hours ago, wyochris said:

ok so people give wyoming the most shit on here but in my opinion wyoming has the nicest and newest basketball and football stadiums.   I admit wyoming will get past by unlv when the raiders stadium is built but right now wyoming has the nicest.

war memorial and AA are for all intesivr purposes brand new both were fully remodeled  a couple years ago and wyoming spent hundreds of millions on it  both are not surpassed.

some schools have a nice basketball like san diego but not football and some have a nice football but not basketball like CSU.  wyoming is lucky to have both.

UNLV has a nicer arena than Wyoming.  It's the best in the conference.

13 minutes ago, Wyobraska said:

It is a sock but it isn't Dre.  

Whoever it is has at least two socks.  This has to be the same creator as ph90702 has.

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

PS - I'm not advocating for censorship here because I do find the value in discussion without reprisal. I also rather enjoy knocking Andre down a few pegs on a daily basis, however, he is exactly the type of poster that jeopardizes this sort of discussion. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the troll brings no added value to this forum.

Have to add another LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL to your edit

Damn, I'm POUNDING that head of yours. Your mom doesn't even give it up this much in one night!

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Our campus and town are sh-t? Compared to what, CSEwe and South LaPorte?

Image result for colorado state campus

Related image

Only an idiot like yourself would try to pass off La Porte as Fort Collins....And yes, LaPorte is still a far better place than the dump you call Laramie.

Go have another Mexican Kolsch, stupid.

2 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Thrill us all with the story about the smokestacked, exhaust-billowing, Confederate flag-waving, Larimer County-registered pickups frequently seen up and down College Avenue.

Image result for fort collins confederate flag

LOL!

a picture of one truck with Colorado plates....I wish I had a photo of the necks in Laramie that had the "I piss on your ford/chevy/dodge" stickers in the back window.  Too many to count.

4 hours ago, happycamper said:

? CSU has the worst land grant campus I've ever been on. 

I've been in it several times. The sight lines suck and, at the time, the 500 Wyo fans in attendance were much louder than the 5000 CSU fans in attendance. And Wyoming lost. That's quantitative by the way, the gold and green uterus is also a noise meter and lights up at certain volumes... which only happened during Wyoming scores. Because the seats are totally parallel with the court instead of curved at all if you aren't at half court you're looking at a parallelogram the entire match.

Pass. 

LOL at you you wyo idiots trying desperately to legitimize your shit facilities, town and campus..

Your enrollments are down, you have 2 total conference titles in your MWC history and you think your facilities are the best in the conference.

Now an 8 win season has you jacking each other off all day.  No wait, jerking off your Elway like QB. 

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

UNLV has a nicer arena than Wyoming.  It's the best in the conference.

in my opinion overall wyoming has unlv beat when it comes to who has the nicest and better football and basketball stadiums combined and i already admit that unlv will eventually pass wyoming when the raiders build their stadium. 

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Twin dicks, the old hanging baskets, high school court style seating, and what appears to be entire sections behind the basket and not directed towards the action.  Like Swoll said, it is cool depending on where you sit, and not much else. 

SetWidth800-Moby-wide.jpg

It's sort of a novelty with the squared corner walls, the floor design, and the glowing ram.  Definitely needs work to come close to a top-tier MWC basketball venue.

The only positive is that it is good if you're sitting close on the sides and gets really loud when it's full. Especially for an arena that seats only 8750! 

6 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Mitigated by Moby and a 70 yard IPF. Ranks them about with Nevada...

Lmao. Ya I'm sure your ipf will sell football recruits over our state of the art stadium and practice fields etc. You're pathetic... 

7 hours ago, Swoll Cracker said:

It aint terrible from the 7th row.  Seats right on the court, unlike many of the MWC arenas where the seats are set back a bunch.  The seats in the lower bowl at Moby rival any venue.  If you're talking creature comforts like concession stands and concourses, then the word terrible is probably an understatement.

well, we do have 'sittin' gucci row up at unlv'...right on the court.

4 hours ago, NevadaFan said:

I lived in Denver back in the day. Watched maybe 5 or 6 games there. Honestly I don't even remember "an upper deck?" I remember a smaller venue, not a bad seat, easy to get in and out of.... color me crazy but not sure how that's any different than all of the rest of the venues in this league. The students weren't great but I don't think CSU was very good...

wut? i think almost every arena in this league is probably much bigger than moby. and we don't have square corners, either.

3 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Please, remind us again how great SUDS is and how vastly superior your fan base is in relation to ours. You should take refuge in the fact that you can hide behind a screen in anonymity and spew garbage without repercussion. If this forum had an overhaul like the ESPN game threads we all know you wouldn't post half the TRASH that you do now, because your name and identity would be associated with it. That would require you to have an ounce of character and intestinal fortitude, but the fact still remains that you are a COWARD.

PS - I'm not advocating for censorship here because I do find the value in discussion without reprisal. I also rather enjoy knocking Andre down a few pegs on a daily basis, however, he is exactly the type of poster that jeopardizes this sort of discussion. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the troll brings no added value to this forum.

if this ever happened here i would be gone in a heartbeat, just like i left espn, and it has nothing to do with being a coward, or posting 'trash'. and btw, i noticed you're not using your real name here. just sayin.

7 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Twin dicks, the old hanging baskets, high school court style seating, and what appears to be entire sections behind the basket and not directed towards the action.  Like Swoll said, it is cool depending on where you sit, and not much else. 

SetWidth800-Moby-wide.jpg

It's sort of a novelty with the squared corner walls, the floor design, and the glowing ram.  Definitely needs work to come close to a top-tier MWC basketball venue.

There are supposedly water colors for a major overhaul.  We're talking the $10 million type of overhaul.  Obviously we're focused on the stadium for now.  I don't doubt that there are funds being raised quietly as we obviously aren't going to finance again.  I wouldn't expect anything in the short term, but the need to upgrade is no secret.

A few years back Jack Graham was approached about donating to a Moby upgrade.  He replied that he wouldn't be interested until we built an on campus stadium.  So they made him AD and the rest is history.  We'll get there.

7 hours ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

I've never been to Moby so know only what I've seen on the tube. From that the twin dicks might be the most ridiculous thing I've seen anywhere on the one hand but I love the floor on the other. It's like the nickname Aztec. Both are unique and although I get that Whyoming Fan hates both because s/he hates everything about SDSU and CSU, I think that floor is class. Or to put it another way, it's the antithesis of the monstrosity at San Jose State.

Moby is like a high school gym or junior high gym. You've got two ends, they have a couple of areas selling food and drinks. There's a couple of entrances on both ends of the court. In high school that's where the guys who would work out in the gym hang out in the doorway and watch the girl play volleyball. It can be really familiar for high school recruits. But man, it's pretty amateur as an outsider.

You can find good parking though.

8 hours ago, wyochris said:

ok so people give wyoming the most shit on here but in my opinion wyoming has the nicest and newest basketball and football stadiums.   I admit wyoming will get past by unlv when the raiders stadium is built but right now wyoming has the nicest.

war memorial and AA are for all intesivr purposes brand new both were fully remodeled  a couple years ago and wyoming spent hundreds of millions on it  both are not surpassed.

some schools have a nice basketball like san diego but not football and some have a nice football but not basketball like CSU.  wyoming is lucky to have both.

Does this mean Wyoming has overtaken the lead over CSU to get a B12 invite? 

kat.jpg

That being said, is there a worse name for a basketball arena than Wyoming's? The Arena Auditorium? Jesus, can we have a little more creativity?

1 minute ago, BodyBagGame said:

That being said, is there a worse name for a basketball arena than Wyoming's? The Arena Auditorium? Jesus, can we have a little more creativity?

My thoughts exactly.  

You're completely wrong about Moby though.  Parking can be a bitch some nights.

6 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

Moby is like a high school gym or junior high gym. You've got two ends, they have a couple of areas selling food and drinks. There's a couple of entrances on both ends of the court. In high school that's where the guys who would work out in the gym hang out in the doorway and watch the girl play volleyball. It can be really familiar for high school recruits. But man, it's pretty amateur as an outsider.

You can find good parking though.

We'll keep our high school, amateurish gym to go with the dozens of MWC championship banners that hang from the rafters.  You can keep your top notch arena and the one MWC championship it produced. 

Just now, Headbutt said:

My thoughts exactly.  

You're completely wrong about Moby though.  Parking can be a bitch some nights.

Well, I inherited the bitching about parking gene from my dad. So, normally I do bitch about parking. But I never had a problem around Moby. Had to walk a few blocks or pay a couple of bucks. Maybe I just got lucky. Just seemed like other basketball arenas I needed a shuttle, or needed to walk . . . a lot!!!

Looking forward to the new football stadium. Moby does need an upgrade too.