Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

What is your all time favorite MWC summer offseason theme?

What is your all time favorite MWC summer offseason theme?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. What is your all time favorite MWC summer offseason theme?

• 2011 -- TBSUFs with their bike paths, grandma memorials, Bronco Stadium louder than Ohio Stadium, nationwide fanbase, etc.
    • 2014 -- Flagship vs "City"-states
    • 2015 -- Fire Dave Rice
    • 2016 -- TCSUF with their P5 destiny, 500,000,000 fans in the Denver market, Minnesota rivalry, student season ticket holders, etc.
    • 2017 -- The Josh Allen
    • 2009 -- Summer of Steele and UNR curbstomping Notre Dame
    • Other (please explain)
    • 2012 -- Suds and Spuds, Butthurt. Choo Choo State Part 2

2 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I agree. I expected more than 9.5% of the votr. 

That was years of idiocy, not just one summer. He owns his own category of dumb.

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

That was years of idiocy, not just one summer. He owns his own category of dumb.

Our good friend @Loboblast owns more than one category.

blast_zpsezeem5id.jpg

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

Just now, Jack Bauer said:

We should be able to vote for more than one

But that takes the "all time favorite" out of it. 

On 6/20/2017 at 8:07 PM, Nevada Convert said:

You are such a propagandist goof. Every year it gets grander and grander. I never ever ever ever said anything to the effect that we would kill Notre Dame. I said that we had a chance, just a chance. And I used the Steele rankings by position for both teams to make the case that we could possibly beat them. I always said that it could be a close game, and if we stay close into the 4th, maybe we could pull it out. 

Where I did say that we would win was the CSU game, and I offered a $500 bet when some cocky CSU fans were saying they would beat us soundly. No one took the bet and they should have. And I would've paid it. 

It's awesome every time we relive it.  It was seriously awesome.

On 6/20/2017 at 8:30 PM, Headbutt said:

That was great, but I picked Josh "The Savior" Allen because it is only just getting started and it's already huge.

Gotta get on board early, when the getting is good.

On 6/21/2017 at 3:20 AM, BSUTOP25 said:

Good one re 2012, I added it to the poll. I forgot about Choo Choo with all the USU license plates observed in Salt Lake and deep pocketed Nike executive alums. 

Choo choo

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

You're pulling half of that right out of your ass.  Cappyhamper and revisionist history go hand in hand. I never said we were going to beat them. I said that we had a chance, and the only metrics there were to sort of make that case were the Steele rankings by position. I compared ND's to ours and we were stacking up pretty close.  

After we lost I wasn't saying how great we were. I was just making the point that the score didn't reflect how we played in the game, and I broke it down. We were moving the ball pretty well between the 20's and I pointed out that we had over 300 yards of offense (ND had 500) and 15 first downs (ND had 20). We just couldn't finish drives. 

One myth is that I was comparing first downs to ND's and we almost had as many as them, and with that created the dig that ND doesn't have too many because they were making big play scores and that I couldn't understand that. The true reality was that I was using the first down stat to show we were moving the ball between the 20's.

Then I pointed out the big mistakes inside the 20's that should've been points. Opening drive we marched right down the field and Drake misses an easy FG. We had 3 TO's.  We were like on the 5 yard line and Kap pitched the ball to Taua and he was going to walk in for a TD but he started running as if he had it and dropped it. Ault was trying to win it, not just put up window dressing points. We had a 4th and 1 around the 15, and instead of taking the easy 3, he went for it and didn't get it. So I was just explaining that we had 13 to 17 points on a platter but didn't happen and the 3 TO's were so costly.

This wasn't pre-Kap. His first game was in the 2007 season 2 years earlier. This game was in 2009. 

Now the CSU game,  I was cocky about that game all summer long. So I deserve shiit for that one. But you call 35-20 beating the tar out of us? Yes, our last 7 points were garbage time, but still. 

I never made the case that the WAC was better than the MWC, not even close. I did say it's not as good as they thought it was and that there wasn't much difference with some of these teams. Later I made the case that the WAC was pretty much the same when you had SJSU, USU, LA Tech, Boise, Nevada and Hawaii cracking the Top 25 at different times towards the end of the WAC. Even Idaho was doing well when they had Enderlee and won their bowl game. 

I laugh every time you do this.  Football is a game of points.  It doesn't matter if you move the ball and don't score.

32 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Hahhahahaha. Knew it was coming. Typical NC, gets his ass kicked, comments on "never working". 

Posted three times today? Hear the "ploink" of an update while listening to a podcast and take a minute to post a reply? YOU ARE NEVER WORKING AND ARE A TERRIBLE EMPLOYEE

Post a few times on a friday? YOU ARE DEFINITELY AT WORK, CONVERT KNOWS ALL WORK SCHEDULES

You still have a higher post per day rate than I do Convert. get over yourself. 

All I do at work is post.  Haha.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

10 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I laugh every time you do this.  Football is a game of points.  It doesn't matter if you move the ball and don't score.

Some people have bursts of manic output and then need a distraction, some people plod through tasks at a slow and steady rate. Most people tend to have a mix of days of both, the mix depending on the person. It doesn't really seem to affect how long a long term, say week or so, long task takes either, that's why we use billable hours and budgets. 

Also, I read and type quickly, maybe NC isn't a touch typist

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

43 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Let me clue you in on something apparently you don't know. Lots of FB fans see teams and games more as a bookie than a scoreboard reader like you. Going through the details of a game like that isn't about crying over losing. It's about where your team is really at in order to predict how they might do in the next one...the one that does matter. I know it's a tough concept.... ? ? ? 

Obviously that was a horrible start to the 2009 season losing to ND and CSU.

kat.jpg

33 minutes ago, happycamper said:

Some people have bursts of manic output and then need a distraction, some people plod through tasks at a slow and steady rate. Most people tend to have a mix of days of both, the mix depending on the person. It doesn't really seem to affect how long a long term, say week or so, long task takes either, that's why we use billable hours and budgets. 

Whatever I can do to improve the quality of your daily masterbation experience. ? 

kat.jpg

Wow - Flagship making an impressive late run! This is now a three way race. God I love the offseason!!!

On 6/23/2017 at 0:07 PM, happycamper said:

I just love it when you make excuses and try hard to rationalize your lengthy posting at work. ? When I was doing consulting, the workload was so high that I had to do short lunches and stay late most of the time. And for everyone I've known doing it, they pretty much have a similar story as mine. 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, Nevada Convert said:

I just love it when you make excuses and try hard to rationalize your lengthy posting at work. ? When I was doing consulting, the workload was so high that I had to do short lunches and stay late most of the time. And for everyone I've known doing it, they pretty much have a similar story as mine. 

Yer falling behind Convert. Post more and catch up. 

2 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Cool story, power company token civil guy. It's almost like I had the experience to select a job where I wouldn't have 70 hour weeks all summer. Weird!

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, happycamper said:

Cool story, power company token civil guy. It's almost like I had the experience to select a job where I wouldn't have 70 hour weeks all summer. Weird!

This is the part where we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you have to work sooooo many hours. Poor happy. Just think, you could just cut down on your posting and make it a 40 hour week. Oh the horror. 

Power companies used to be fairly cush jobs for engineers up until around 2001. Then the trend to get more work done with the same staff kicked in. The last job I had really sucked. It was seriously like a consultant sweat shop. My last year there management told us that we were getting 8 times more work done than the group did 10 years ago, and with the same number of personnel. And they stated that we could keep doing more. And that was the day I decided to look around and get the hey out of Dodge. 

Transmission Line design requires electrical and civil knowledge and it's about a 50/50 split with who has a CE and EE degree. Substation design of the equipment is an EE's job and the land development with grading and offsites, steal structures and foundations and ground grid is CE. But as you get older you learn a lot of the EE work required for the sub. Now when it comes to transmission planners, they're 100% EE, and there's a shortage of experienced planners in the industry. Substation size ranges from 1 acre up to 1 square mile, Most people think of a sub as a tiny little spot in developed areas. But there are lots of them out of town that are monster sized. And lots of big ones at power plants. TL's range from one span up to 100's of miles. 

kat.jpg

18 minutes ago, Nevada Convert said:

This is the part where we're supposed to feel sorry for you because you have to work sooooo many hours. Poor happy. Just think, you could just cut down on your posting and make it a 40 hour week. Oh the horror. 

Power companies used to be fairly cush jobs for engineers up until around 2001. Then the trend to get more work done with the same staff kicked in. The last job I had really sucked. It was seriously like a consultant sweat shop. My last year there management told us that we were getting 8 times more work done than the group did 10 years ago, and with the same number of personnel. And they stated that we could keep doing more. And that was the day I decided to look around and get the hey out of Dodge. 

Transmission Line design requires electrical and civil knowledge and it's about a 50/50 split with who has a CE and EE degree. Substation design of the equipment is an EE's job and the land development with grading and offsites, steal structures and foundations and ground grid is CE. But as you get older you learn a lot of the EE work required for the sub. Now when it comes to transmission planners, they're 100% EE, and there's a shortage of experienced planners in the industry.,

myrna-gif.gif

2 hours ago, Cincy said:

myrna-gif.gif

I know, just like that girl, you're confused. So my apologies for not translating my post into Dumbshit 2017. Sorry about that.  I've never really been inspired to learn it, so I don't know what else to say other than there might be an app you can get to do it for you? If you find something, post a thread for it because I know there are other Dumbshits on the board that could use it. 

kat.jpg

6 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I know, just like that girl, you're confused. So my apologies for not translating my post into Dumbshit 2017. Sorry about that.  I've never really been inspired to learn it, so I don't know what else to say other than there might be an app you can get to do it for you? If you find something, post a thread for it because I know there are other Dumbshits on the board that could use it. 

You know Convert, when you walk into a room thinking everyone in there is an asshole except for you ... you're more than likely the asshole.