Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wyochris

Josh Allen versus Josh Rosen

5 hours ago, bsu_alum9 said:

How is there so much hype for a guy that almost led the NCAA in interceptions last season and lost his top 3 receiving targets and stud running back that took lots of pressure off?

Serious question.  I get that he's a great player with a strong arm, quickness, and size that translates well to the NFL, but I think the expectations are a little high this year, aren't they?  

Well, the hype isn't about the 2017 Wyoming football team, is it?  It's about one player on the team that the NFL scouts are drooling over.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

6 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

Josh Allen verses a supernova. Who wins? 

Wait, wait, wait......

the Supernova is Supernova Josh Allen.  Now where is my polish errr... I mean elk sausage.

As for Rosen, I can't really say.  Only saw UCLA's games against CU and CAL and he was out by then.  I will say there is a reason his backup is not in this discussion at all.

Guest Dr. Dre
7 hours ago, madmartigan said:

Josh Allen. He defeated a supernova and black hole once at the same time. 

when did he play @slappy's mom? that tramp was undefeated. her smell along usually does the trick

Josh Allen is a son of a bitch!

Josh Allen is the father of every kid in this town!

Josh Allen once showed me a video of him making love to my wife, and it was the most beautiful thing I ever saw!

One time I was with Allen in the back of a pickup truck, along with a live deer. Allen goes up to the deer and says, "I'm josh Allen! Say it!" And he manipulates the deers lips in such a way as to make it say "joshallen!" It wasn't exactly like it, but it was pretty good for a deer!

He'd eat a homeless person if you dared him!

His feces are used as currency in Argentina!

He sweats Gatorade!

He once breastfed a flamingo back to health!

He hates Mexicans! And he's half-Mexican! And he hates irony!

I once saw him scissor kick Angela Landsbury!

He sheds his skin once a year!

He makes brooms somewhere in Georgia!

I once saw him eat a whole live chicken!

His favorite movie is One on One with Robby Benson!

He sleeps 8 hours a night! Well, he's pretty normal when it comes to that.

Josh Allen is a two-ton mountain man who can palm a medicine ball!

Did I ever tell you about the time Allen took me out to get a drink with him? We go off looking for a bar and we can't find one. Finally, Allen takes me to a vacant lot and says, "Here we are." We sat there for a year and a half, and sure enough, someone constructed a bar around us. The day they opened, we ordered a shot, drank it, and then burned the place to the ground. Allen yelled over the roar of the flames, "Always leave things the way you found them." 

6 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Moore finished 4th.

He was 8th in 2011, same as Carr and Kaepernick.

EDIT: Nevermind you're right. I was looking at 2011, Moore was 4th in 2010.

15 hours ago, VandalPride97 said:

High lord of the clipboard...

Heisman is about the best player in college, not the NFL.  Poke fun all you want, but Moore has one of the best jobs in the world - making great money in a town crazy about football, highly respected for his knowledge of the game, little to no wear/tear on his body, yet knowing he is one play away from getting in the game.  I'd take it...

1 minute ago, Broncos4Ever said:

Heisman is about the best player in college, not the NFL.  Poke fun all you want, but Moore has one of the best jobs in the world - making great money in a town crazy about football, highly respected for his knowledge of the game, little to no wear/tear on his body, yet knowing he is one play away from getting in the game.  I'd take it...

I'd take it too, but it doesn't change the fact that he's the clipboard master.

23 hours ago, wyochris said:

Josh Allen is now passing ucla quarter back in the media Josh Rosen 

people on here talk but in my opinion Josh Allen could be the first mountain west player to get far in the heisman competition and might win it all

Maybe he should start with earning 1st team All Conference on the way to his Heisman trophy.

Being an NFL prospect and a Heisman candidate are completely two different things. 

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Maybe he should start with earning 1st team All Conference on the way to his Heisman trophy.

Being an NFL prospect and a Heisman candidate are completely two different things. 

Signed, 

Gino Torretta 

15 hours ago, bigd said:

He was 8th in 2011, same as Carr and Kaepernick.

EDIT: Nevermind you're right. I was looking at 2011, Moore was 4th in 2010.

Kellen was a finalist in New York. Not the same at all. 

6 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Signed, 

Gino Torretta 

I'd say more like signed Jason White/Troy Smith/Chris Weinke

Nobody thought that Torretta was the best player or even had the best year that year, it was media bullshit

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Honestly, if I'm Josh Allen, I want all of this hype to stop because, frankly, it's going to be almost impossible to live up to.  It's almost at a point where every damn snap has to be perfect.  Anything falling below an exceptional performance will be deemed a failure. 

Just now, Dr. Dre said:

Kinda like what we're experiencing this year?

Tough to tell, games haven't been played yet. I would say that I don't think Luck deserved the amount of hype out of college that Allen is getting now. 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

12 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Honestly, if I'm Josh Allen, I want all of this hype to stop because, frankly, it's going to be almost impossible to live up to.  It's almost at a point where every damn snap has to be perfect.  Anything falling below an exceptional performance will be deemed a failure. 

I don't think it's this bad, but your point is valid for sure.  All the hype is following last season's performance which wasn't all that.  If we can match last season, we'll be OK.

Bohl and Allen have addressed all the dang hype Josh is getting and they're saying all the right things.

At the end of the day, the MWC and certainly Wyo need this hype.  This is exactly what the conference and its' teams need.  We need to live up to it for the most part.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

1 hour ago, kingpotato said:

but Josh is already getting discussion in the media about being a possibile heisman

I think he he be the best qb in the conference this season