Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ExplorerSunDevil

Weather in Phoenix

37 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Laughlin at 122 tomorrow. Makes the Vegas forecast of 116 sound pretty doable.

Hottest I ever felt was walking across an asphalt, hotel parking lot at about 3 pm in Laughlin in July.  Nope. Do not recommend. 

I agree, 120 degrees + fresh asphalt + dark colored car thats been sitting in the sun all day that you have to get into can be the worst!

57 minutes ago, toonkee said:

Laughlin at 122 tomorrow. Makes the Vegas forecast of 116 sound pretty doable.

Hottest I ever felt was walking across an asphalt, hotel parking lot at about 3 pm in Laughlin in July.  Nope. Do not recommend. 

20 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

I agree, 120 degrees + fresh asphalt + dark colored car thats been sitting in the sun all day that you have to get into can be the worst!

I agree with the asphalt factor. Hottest I've ever been was in Kansas City, Missouri. Temperature was only 105 but the humidity must have been about 90%. Humidity is a huge factor.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

you know all those movies they made at the valley of fire where you could 'see' the heat? drive through there tomorrow afternoon and the walls on those hills will be dancing, lol.

and btw, i keep my house cold, it's never up to 82.. i just pay more in the summer, and i don't care if it's triple. B)

4 hours ago, BSUTOP25 said:

I agree with the asphalt factor. Hottest I've ever been was in Kansas City, Missouri. Temperature was only 105 but the humidity must have been about 90%. Humidity is a huge factor.

i was in orlando several years ago and the temp was 95, and the humidity was 95%, both in the middle of the day and in the middle of the night. i couldn't wait to get home.

1 minute ago, 4UNLV said:

i was in orlando several years ago and the temp was 95, and the humidity was 95%, both in the middle of the day and in the middle of the night. i couldn't wait to get home.

Humidity is a whole different animal that most folks who grew up in the dry arid west don't understand. I swear it adds 15-20 degrees to the heat factor. 

By the way, you remember these commercials:

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

And the idea of me naked in Phoenix has the locals thinking that Yuma looks kind of nice.

Hey.....Yuma's not bad. Still has that small town feel, but has everything you need. San Diego and Phoenix are 2 hours away. Tucson 3 hours, Vegas 4 hours. I can make the drive back to Bernalillo just north of Albuquerque in 12 hours. You do have to have a pool though. I live in mine from May to Sept. I don't mind the heat. Cold on the other hand is painful. You won't catch my ass back home in New Mexico during the winter. Phuck that noise!

It's Hades out here, but I'd take it any day over humidity. The body can't cool itself in extreme humidity and it is much more dangerous then the dry heat we have.

Besides this is the time of year you suffer during the work week and go up to the mountains on the weekend. Only 14 more yrs until retirement and then I can get a summer home in a more habitable environment. The older I get, the worse this is.

Guest RoscoesDad
2 minutes ago, SharkTanked said:

It's Hades out here, but I'd take it any day over humidity. The body can't cool itself in extreme humidity and it is much more dangerous then the dry heat we have.

Besides this is the time of year you suffer during the work week and go up to the mountains on the weekend. Only 14 more yrs until retirement and then I can get a summer home in a more habitable environment. The older I get, the worse this is.

s-l1600.jpg

4 hours ago, SharkTanked said:

Ha.  I'm looking at leaving Vegas soon.  I'm already learning about snow blowers.  I'm thinking my dogs are going to love it away from this desert.  

Phoenix only exists because God needs some place to put stupid people

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

5 hours ago, sean327 said:

Hey.....Yuma's not bad. Still has that small town feel, but has everything you need. San Diego and Phoenix are 2 hours away. Tucson 3 hours, Vegas 4 hours. I can make the drive back to Bernalillo just north of Albuquerque in 12 hours. You do have to have a pool though. I live in mine from May to Sept. I don't mind the heat. Cold on the other hand is painful. You won't catch my ass back home in New Mexico during the winter. Phuck that noise!

Yuma is the stupid people overflow

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

6 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Phoenix only exists because God needs some place to put stupid people

I'd be offended but I do feel stupid for ever moving to this weather-forsaken state.

Just need to find the right opportunity elsewhere and I'm freaking gone.

53 minutes ago, CockyUNLVPoster said:

Ha.  I'm looking at leaving Vegas soon.  I'm already learning about snow blowers.  I'm thinking my dogs are going to love it away from this desert.  

I plan to still be here once football starts and thru early May. You can't beat Vegas from mid/late September to early/mid May. But I look forward to the day when I can permanently avoid the blast furnace of June, July, August. Someday I will probably get my Mom's property in Northern NM and that would make a mighty fine summer home.

Sweltering_1.jpg

The reason we pay $600k for a shack

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

4 minutes ago, retrofade said:

One of my best friends texted the current weather for tomorrow for them to me... 124° in Surprise. 

+++++ that.

Surprise?  Is that like "Surprise you're an idiot for living here.  It's going to be 124 degrees tomorrow."

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

Sweltering_1.jpg

you shut your mouth!!

1 hour ago, mugtang said:

Surprise?  Is that like "Surprise you're an idiot for living here.  It's going to be 124 degrees tomorrow."

ha, in the northwest part of phoenix, actually the stadium is just right there.

my son just sent me a pic of the current outside temp in phoenix, 122.

they predicted 120 for here in logandale today, it only got up to 119. liars.