Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada Athletic Director proposes MWC vs AAC challenge

I edited it.  The AAC and they're "P6" joke just got called out.  I doubt the accept the challenge. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

I favor an AAC vs A10 challenge for several reasons, but I'm not opposed to a MWC vs AAC challenge.

limit it to our top-7 vs your top-7 (based off last seasons finish) and the conference who gets at least four Ws wins the challenge.

WSU vs Nevada

SMU vs CSU

Cincy vs Boise

Houston vs Fresno

UCF vs New Mexico

Memphis vs SDSU

UConn vs Wyoming

games appear on ESPNU

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I favor an AAC vs A10 challenge for several reasons, but I'm not opposed to a MWC vs AAC challenge.

limit it to our top-7 vs your top-7 (based of last seasons finish)

WSU vs Nevada

SMU vs CSU

Cincy vs Boise

Houston vs Fresno

UCF vs New Mexico

Memphis vs SDSU

UConn vs Wyoming

games appear on ESPNU

I'm down for that. Sign us up. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

3 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

We should be able to do better than ESPNU.  I also wold like to see some football played between the two conference's in the future. That is where P-6 membership could be determined.

I dunno, that sounds like just the sort of thing ESPNU was made for...I think ESPNU is now available in 70 million US households or 60% of households.

and of course, if it's on ESPNU, it's available to stream live via WatchESPN

people undervalue ESPNU IMHO.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

14 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

We should be able to do better than ESPNU.  I also wold like to see some football played between the two conference's in the future. That is where P-6 membership could be determined.

That's all the more reason Aresco will refuse to accept the challenge.  He wants to claim P6 status, unimpeded.  What a farce.    

A lot of Bowls would probably be against it in football as it would increase the odds of a rematch.  Plus, why knock yourself out of a BCS slot by having two contenders battle it out early in the season?

In basketball it's no big deal.  No one really cares who wins the B10-ACC challenge for example.

35 minutes ago, ole blu dude said:

Gotta start somewhere.

I'd like a year or two before we start this just to make sure Fresno's trending in a positive direction (I'm sipping the Tedford Kool-Aid, not chugging it by the barrel yet) but I think it would be a smart idea. 

come on, basketball only...most football schedules are set for 2 years ahead and flying 85 kids plus staff across the country is totally different than 13 kids plus a few asst coaches.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

2 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

come on, basketball only...most football schedules are set for 2 years ahead and flying 85 kids plus staff across the country is totally different than 13 kids plus a few asst coaches.

Yeah I don't see how it could possibly work out on Football. 

G5 AD's take YEARS to put together a good schedule. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok