Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Nevada Athletic Director proposes MWC vs AAC challenge

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

I'm not convinced that he believes it, but due to his time at the 4 letter network I think he honestly believes he can make the rest of us believe it.  The best way to shut his pie hole and make a mockery of his ridiculous marketing is to call it out.  Knuth did just that, I'd love to shake Knuth's hand.  No way that conference has the balls to try the P6 thing out on the field against the MWC, and they will run from it like little girls.  Hair should just apologize to Knuth.  Just because.

I actually feel he believes it 

11 hours ago, mugtang said:

Commence butt hurt from AAC fans. 

http://csnbbs.com/thread-820416.html

I do agree with them that it sounds like the Nevada AD is trolling for MWC home games...

“I would over to tell Commissioner Aresco, ‘Get on a plane and fly out here. Let’s see how good the American Athletic Conference does playing football in Laramie, Wyo. Let’s see how good you can be playing basketball at (San Diego State's) Viejas (Arena). Let’s see how great you are coming to Reno and playing us. Bring UConn out here and play us and then we’ll see who is the better conference,’” Knuth said. 

why can't Nevada, Wyoming, and SDSU get on planes and come to us if you wanna play so bad? Our hoops programs aren't just going to come to you...that's not how it works.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

7 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I don't know anything about him other than this.  We have 12 athletic directors in this conference, only one had the stones to tell those posers to put up or shut up.  He's A+ in my book.

so the AD in question talks about how bad he wants to play our teams...but then WE'RE 'posers' lol, OK...we're not the one's asking for games, but whatever.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

18 hours ago, UofMTigers said:

I dunno, that sounds like just the sort of thing ESPNU was made for...I think ESPNU is now available in 70 million US households or 60% of households.

and of course, if it's on ESPNU, it's available to stream live via WatchESPN

people undervalue ESPNU IMHO.

ESPNU > CBSSN

v0icAvfW.jpg

15 hours ago, mugtang said:

I want Kustra as our comish. 

He is all but phoning it inn these days. Dude has worked his ass off for about 15 years and has completely transformed Boise State.

As soon as he gets his new Liberal Arts building completed he is gone. 

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

5 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I have zero skin in this game but always get a chuckle out of the P6 talk by the AAC.  Seems like the fans over on that board buy into it too.  Delusional.

most of us come from CUSA and just LOVE to upset the new-CUSA, Belt, and MWC folks...and it seems to be working because most actual P5 teams have no idea what y'all (MWC/CUSA/Belt fans) are talking about.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

24 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

I do agree with them that it sounds like the Nevada AD is trolling for MWC home games...

why can't Nevada, Wyoming, and SDSU get on planes and come to us if you wanna play so bad? Our hoops programs aren't just going to come to you...that's not how it works.

I wish UNLV and Memphis would play each other.  It would make sense to me.  Both cities are basketball centric and can make the NCAA Tournament with players solely from their respective cities.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I wish UNLV and Memphis would play each other.  It would make sense to me.  Both cities are basketball centric and can make the NCAA Tournament with players solely from their respective cities.

I've wanted that series for a LONG time...I want it even more now as I really like both Menzies and Tubby Smith...two great coaches, and great men...Memphis and UNLV have so much in common we should play every season in the middle of conference play (like Memphis used to do with Gonzaga) so we can get that prime time ESPN pub.

I mean...great coaches, great programs, great arenas...I see no reason we shouldn't have a series.

every time someone suggests AAC vs MWC I think to myself "let Memphis get UNLV please!"

mem skyline sig.jpeg

30 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

most of us come from CUSA and just LOVE to upset the new-CUSA, Belt, and MWC folks...and it seems to be working because most actual P5 teams have no idea what y'all (MWC/CUSA/Belt fans) are talking about.

You keep trotting out this line, and I still see absolutely no one who is "upset". 

1 minute ago, RogueStout said:

You keep trotting out this line, and I still see absolutely no one who is "upset". 

yet you just can't stop talking about it....mission accomplished....it's the middle of the dead period and you're talking about the AAC.

that NEVER happened to us in CUSA. I mean, people would forget about CUSA in the middle of conference play.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

27 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

yet you just can't stop talking about it....mission accomplished....it's the middle of the dead period and you're talking about the AAC.

that NEVER happened to us in CUSA. I mean, people would forget about CUSA in the middle of conference play.

Someone not affiliated with the MWC comes to the board, starts a thread and asks us our thoughts. 

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

1.  Most MWC/CUSA/Belt fans have no idea what P6 is either.  Most around the nation don't know who is in the AAC, or MWC.

2.  Isn't there a sticker on the helmet?  No, it is a hilarious attempt at relevancy, that is more of an actual thing for your commish than attempting to rustle a few folks on a message board.

Just now, RogueStout said:

Someone not affiliated with the MWC comes to the board, starts a thread and asks us our thoughts. 

I didn't ask anyone for their thoughts...nor is being affiliated with the MWC a requirement here

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

1.  Most MWC/CUSA/Belt fans have no idea what P6 is either.  Most around the nation don't know who is in the AAC, or MWC.

2.  Isn't there a sticker on the helmet?  No, it is a hilarious attempt at relevancy, that is more of an actual thing for your commish than attempting to rustle a few folks on a message board.

http://csnbbs.com/thread-816866.html

http://csnbbs.com/thread-802859.html

http://csnbbs.com/thread-803158-post-13944619.html#pid13944619

plus the multiple threads created on this board over the last few months...and lol, you can make up some stickers on vista print for like 30 bucks.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

9 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

http://csnbbs.com/thread-816866.html

http://csnbbs.com/thread-802859.html

http://csnbbs.com/thread-803158-post-13944619.html#pid13944619

plus the multiple threads created on this board over the last few months...and lol, you can make up some stickers on vista print for like 30 bucks.

Again, you aren't disproving anything.  Not many fans actually post on message boards, and yes, the stickers on your helmets are certainly humorous for those that do choose to go on message boards. 

I suppose if you weren't so close to it, you would catch the joke.

Just now, East Coast Aztec said:

Again, you aren't disproving anything.  Not many fans actually post on message boards, and yes, the stickers on your helmets are certainly humorous for those that do choose to go on message boards. 

I suppose if you weren't so close to it, you would catch the joke.

1st) I don't take the 'P6' stuff seriously at all...the money and exposure gap between the AAC/MWC/MAC/CUSA/Belt (in that order)  and the P5 is crazy and obvious...that said, I recognize a decent piece of marketing when I see it.

2nd) if that many people talk about it online, some at least are actually talking about...'there's no such thing as bad publicity'

3rd) if USF makes the Access Bowl and WSU makes the Sweet 16...you'll never get Aresco to shut up, lol

mem skyline sig.jpeg