Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Decides To Retire From NFL

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Can we all be honest and at least admit that Tebow would have plowed off tackle into the end zone on fourth and goal in the Super Bowl against the ravens if he had been in Kaps shoes?

Tebow would've been down by 30 points

2 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Are you seriously saying Kap is comparable to smith at this point of their careers?  That's not a serious position to have.

And your stats don't mean anything.  Garbage time stats are irrelevant.

if your argument is that Kap would be an average backup, then I could go for that.  But his salary is a bigger obstacle than the anthem deal to him getting a gig.

You're right. Smith was much worse at the six-year mark in his career. Much worse. Not even close. Smith would've been out of the league, just like Kap, had he made a similar political stance.

But really, those two are perfect to compare. Put them with good coaches on decent teams, and they do fine. Put them in a bad situation and they become Dumpster fires. Because that's what mediocre quarterbacks do.

8 hours ago, CPslograd said:

Tebow time was real bro.  You gotta be fair too.  You can't just say he sucked, because he'd suck for 50 minutes, then pull some balboa type crap out his ass to win games in the last ten minutes.

That dude did some amazing crap in the 4th quarter.  And he lit the steelers up like a Christmas Tree in the playoffs.

The Niners also had the best running game in the league.  The donkeys were 2 yards and a cloud of dust.

I don't think I'll be able to properly explain to my kids what it was like to watch that Tebow season as it was happening. It was like the ending to every game in an episode of Friday Night Lights.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

1 minute ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

I don't think I'll be able to properly explain to my kids what it was like to watch that Tebow season as it was happening. It was like the ending to every game in an episode of Friday Night Lights.

It was farce of course, but god it was fun.  Never seen anything like it.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

You're right. Smith was much worse at the six-year mark in his career. Much worse. Not even close. Smith would've been out of the league, just like Kap, had he made a similar political stance.

But really, those two are perfect to compare. Put them with good coaches on decent teams, and they do fine. Put them in a bad situation and they become Dumpster fires. Because that's what mediocre quarterbacks do.

No, that's not right at all.

captain checkdown in kc is an average NFL qb.  Kap is a great college qb whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

33 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

No, that's not right at all.

captain checkdown in kc is an average NFL qb.  Kap is a great college qb whose game doesn't translate to the NFL.

Doesn't translate? Dude came a play away from winning a SB, came within 6 inches of going to another, beat Cam Newton in playoffs, beat Rodgers twice in the playoffs, and both times he was the critical piece needed to win the game. He came from way behind to beat Matt Ryan in NFC Championship and hung more than 40 on Tom Brady in Foxborough.

The league might have caught up with Kap, but his game translated like a mother for a few years. Kap is what he is now, but clearly you're using 2015 as his true barometer. 

Give Kap Andy Reid, a decent line, a good running game and at least some NFL-caliber receivers and he could be as effective as Smith, give or take.

10 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Doesn't translate? Dude came a play away from winning a SB, came within 6 inches of going to another, beat Cam Newton in playoffs, beat Rodgers twice in the playoffs, and both times he was the critical piece needed to win the game. He came from way behind to beat Matt Ryan in NFC Championship and hung more than 40 on Tom Brady in Foxborough.

The league might have caught up with Kap, but his game translated like a mother for a few years. Kap is what he is now, but clearly you're using 2015 as his true barometer. 

Give Kap Andy Reid, a decent line, a good running game and at least some NFL-caliber receivers and he could be as effective as Smith, give or take.

Smith is a QB.   Kap is an uncoachable mess.

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

so are we just going to pretend the niners werent the most talented team in the league for a couple years?  Kap didn't beat aaron Rodgers, his far superior team beat the green bay packers.  By your logic tebow was a good qb because he won a playoff game.

Vick got another crack despite being a dog beater, and I promise you they got more heat over that than anyone would for signing Kap.

you say he would start for some teams?  Who?  Maybe the rams?   And not for sixteen games, he'd get benched midseason just like the rest of the bad teams that don't have qbs.  You say he "was electric" well, so was tebow ffs.

it's not a conspiracy to keep him out, he sucks as an nfl qb and apparently wont take a small salary and keep his mouth shut like every other backup qb is expected to do.  Tebow sold tickets like hotcakes, and he was run out of the league too.  It wasn't because he's a Christian, it's because he couldn't get first downs and would be a headache to keep around.

if he could help teams win hed have a job.

18 hours ago, CPslograd said:

so are we just going to pretend the niners werent the most talented team in the league for a couple years?  Kap didn't beat aaron Rodgers, his far superior team beat the green bay packers.  By your logic tebow was a good qb because he won a playoff game.

Vick got another crack despite being a dog beater, and I promise you they got more heat over that than anyone would for signing Kap.

you say he would start for some teams?  Who?  Maybe the rams?   And not for sixteen games, he'd get benched midseason just like the rest of the bad teams that don't have qbs.  You say he "was electric" well, so was tebow ffs.

it's not a conspiracy to keep him out, he sucks as an nfl qb and apparently wont take a small salary and keep his mouth shut like every other backup qb is expected to do.  Tebow sold tickets like hotcakes, and he was run out of the league too.  It wasn't because he's a Christian, it's because he couldn't get first downs and would be a headache to keep around.

if he could help teams win hed have a job.

So we're going to pretend that Kap had nothing to do with it, either? Silly. Those teams were great, but Kap wasn't just a passenger on that ride, either.

(I love this argument, BTW. If a dude does well, it's dismissed because he was on a good team. If he starts on a bad team but has a decent year with league-average stats, it's garbage time. Oh the life of an NFL quarterback.)

Kap may have been a flash in the pan, but if he hadn't kneeled he would have a job (the money is pure conjecture). Mike Glennon proves that, as does Blaine Gabbert, McCown, Austin Davis, and more. 

If he was as good as Tom Brady he'd have a job, too. That's how it is, and why I say it's a combination of factors and not purely one thing or another.

BTW, Tebow doesnt have a job because he was embarrassingly bad, and not an NFL qb. His best year he completed something like 46 percent of his passes. Even after his inability to play was made obvious, he found his way into Pats and Eagles camps.

14 hours ago, bluerules009 said:

Smith is a QB.   Kap is an uncoachable mess.

He was pretty good when harbaugh was coaching him.  And he wasn't such a whack job until he hooked up with nessa.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

4 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

He was pretty good when harbaugh was coaching him.  And he wasn't such a whack job until he hooked up with nessa.  

Harbaugh didn't get him to do anything Kap didn't normally do.

Harbaugh didn't coach Kap into being able to run an effective passing game.   He just encouraged Kap to do those things that came naturally, which was running and because that team had so much talant and a running QB was a new thing.  It almost worked.  The next year it didn't work for shit when defensive coordinators had time to adjust and Harbaugh was smart to leave.

Kap is uncoachable.  Kap is an amazing athlete but he will never be a QB.

25 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Harbaugh didn't get him to do anything Kap didn't normally do.

Harbaugh didn't coach Kap into being able to run an effective passing game.   He just encouraged Kap to do those things that came naturally, which was running and because that team had so much talant and a running QB was a new thing.  It almost worked.  The next year it didn't work for shit when defensive coordinators had time to adjust and Harbaugh was smart to leave.

Kap is uncoachable.  Kap is an amazing athlete but he will never be a QB.

I think harbaugh knew he had to keep things simple for kap.  

Kap's being coachable was never an issue with ault or harbaugh.  

In the NFL, Kap  never really learned how to progress through his reads.  I'm not sure that is an issue with his willingness to be coached.  I think it's more to do with his ability to rapidly process information and make the correct decision. 

If he became uncoachable, that was later, after Harbaugh left.  

Barack Obama

51 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

I think harbaugh knew he had to keep things simple for kap.  

Kap's being coachable was never an issue with ault or harbaugh.  

In the NFL, Kap  never really learned how to progress through his reads.  I'm not sure that is an issue with his willingness to be coached.  I think it's more to do with his ability to rapidly process information and make the correct decision. 

If he became uncoachable, that was later, after Harbaugh left.  

Kap has never been successfully coached.

Kap is one of those guys that is so physically gifted at the high school and college level he could just do what he wanted and be better than everyone else.   He could do stuff Ault or other coaches told him not to and get away with it.   For instance a prime rule of the passing game is don't throw late over the middle.  I think Kap completes more passes late over the middle than he does any other kind.   On the other hand he almost never completes the high percentage dump off or check down throws because he has no control over his arm.

Kap had so much physical talent that for one year in the NFL they underestimated him.   You knew it wasn't going to last though because even little ole Boise State pretty much controlled Kap after the first year.

No coach wants a guy like Kap.  He is uncoachable and if you are going to get fired you at least want to get fired for your offense not some crazy off the cuff uncoachable idiot doing dumb things.

That is why he doesn't have a job.

If kap agreed to play wide receiver he would have a starting job tomorrow.

27 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

Kap has never been successfully coached.

Kap is one of those guys that is so physically gifted at the high school and college level he could just do what he wanted and be better than everyone else.   He could do stuff Ault or other coaches told him not to and get away with it.   For instance a prime rule of the passing game is don't throw late over the middle.  I think Kap completes more passes late over the middle than he does any other kind.   On the other hand he almost never completes the high percentage dump off or check down throws because he has no control over his arm.

Kap had so much physical talent that for one year in the NFL they underestimated him.   You knew it wasn't going to last though because even little ole Boise State pretty much controlled Kap after the first year.

No coach wants a guy like Kap.  He is uncoachable and if you are going to get fired you at least want to get fired for your offense not some crazy off the cuff uncoachable idiot doing dumb things.

That is why he doesn't have a job.

If kap agreed to play wide receiver he would have a starting job tomorrow.

If not for his protest, he'd still be playing.  He's good. Just not good enough to overcome the baggage. 

And who knows whether or not an injury causes a team to reconsider? 

Barack Obama

5 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

If not for his protest, he'd still be playing.  He's good. Just not good enough to overcome the baggage. 

And who knows whether or not an injury causes a team to reconsider? 

I am not sure he would still be playing.  If i was a coach, I wouldn't want him.

Kap couldn't get an offer from anyone but UNR to play QB in college for a reason.   He isn't a QB.

Which doesn't mean he isn't a supremely physically talented individual and from what i can see in a couple short conversations I had with the guy.  A real nice kid.

30 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

I am not sure he would still be playing.  If i was a coach, I wouldn't want him.

Kap couldn't get an offer from anyone but UNR to play QB in college for a reason.   He isn't a QB.

Which doesn't mean he isn't a supremely physically talented individual and from what i can see in a couple short conversations I had with the guy.  A real nice kid.

That's a bit much. He didn't get other offers because in high school he had a fastball in the 90's and everyone assumed he would play baseball. 

He was also a good enough QB to keep Smith on the bench and damn near win a super bowl. 

He has good enough QB skills to be a backup QB in the NFL. He just isn't worth the baggage. 

I honestly think hooking up with that Nessa bitch was the beginning of the end for that guy.

Like you, I wouldn't want him on my team, even though on his worse day, he is way better than Kellen Moore will ever be.  

A F'ing waste of talent. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

That's a bit much. He didn't get other offers because in high school he had a fastball in the 90's and everyone assumed he would play baseball. 

He was also a good enough QB to keep Smith on the bench and damn near win a super bowl. 

He has good enough QB skills to be a backup QB in the NFL. He just isn't worth the baggage. 

I honestly think hooking up with that Nessa bitch was the beginning of the end for that guy.

Like you, I wouldn't want him on my team, even though on his worse day, he is way better than Kellen Moore will ever be.  

A F'ing waste of talent. 

He didn't get offers because he wouldn't play WR.

Both BSU and Oregon asked him if he was willing to switch.

You offer anyone who has Kaepernick talent no matter his fastball.   It doesn't cost you anything to make an offer.   Lots of guys prefer one sport over another.

Baseball did not stop offers.

Despite Moore being no more talented than an average guy physically.  He is a far better QB that Kap ever was or will be.   Kap is a whole crapload of wasted talent.

7 minutes ago, bluerules009 said:

He didn't get offers because he wouldn't play WR.

Both BSU and Oregon asked him if he was willing to switch.

You offer anyone who has Kaepernick talent no matter his fastball.   It doesn't cost you anything to make an offer.   Lots of guys prefer one sport over another.

Baseball did not stop offers.

Despite Moore being no more talented than an average guy physically.  He is a far better QB that Kap ever was or will be.   Kap is a whole crapload of wasted talent.

Kellen is really good at holding a clipboard in the NFL.  He hasn't shown us he can do much else. Kap has. 

If KM pulled a stunt like Kap did, he'd be replaced the next day. 

Kap has a better shot at becoming a starting QB than KM does. And he's retired. 

KM's future is in coaching.  Kap probably doesn't have that option.

Barack Obama

3 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Kellen is really good at holding a clipboard in the NFL.  He hasn't shown us he can do much else. Kap has. 

If KM pulled a stunt like Kap did, he'd be replaced the next day. 

Kap has a better shot at becoming a starting QB than KM does. And he's retired. 

KM's future is in coaching.  Kap probably doesn't have that option.

Kellen has the same amount of 400 yard passing games as Kap and he still has a job.