Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Decides To Retire From NFL

15 minutes ago, sean327 said:

I think they passed on him because he isn't better than Austin Davis at this point because he does fit the scheme. 

If the Seahawks did that, that is a terrible football decision. No way any objective analysis would lead someone to conclude that Austin Davis is better than Kap. But I don't think the Seahawks are stupid. I think they thought Kap would fracture the locker room because so many seem to resent Russ Wilson (if the ESPN story is to be believed), and players like Michael Bennett and Richard Sherman have been so supportive of Kap.

1 minute ago, NVGiant said:

If the Seahawks did that, that is a terrible football decision. No way any objective analysis would lead someone to conclude that Austin Davis is better than Kap. But I don't think the Seahawks are stupid. I think they thought Kap would fracture the locker room because so many seem to resent Russ Wilson (if the ESPN story is to be believed), and players like Michael Bennett and Richard Sherman have been so supportive of Kap.

Kap is no good, you're in denial.  They're better options in the arena league.

Guest RoscoesDad

The Shehawks passed on Kap because they knew it would infuriate their base of terrible, overly-self-important, bandwagon "12s" that have spent the last 5 years hating on him and the last year projecting Kap as a something between Sadaam and Hitler.  It would be like the Celtics signing Magic or Lakers signing Bird.  No way that was ever going to happen.

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

Damn CP, now you're just trollin'. Going thru a little OT board withdrawal?

Well, to be honest, I didn't know the arena league was down to five teams now.  Back when it was bigger, there were some good players in that league.

i do think you guys are vastly understating just how inaccurate Kap is.  He's not a legit NFL qb.  He sure as hell isnt average or mediocre.  That would mean he's better than half the starters in the league, and that ain't true.

8 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Well, to be honest, I didn't know the arena league was down to five teams now.  Back when it was bigger, there were some good players in that league.

i do think you guys are vastly understating just how inaccurate Kap is.  He's not a legit NFL qb.  He sure as hell isnt average or mediocre.  That would mean he's better than half the starters in the league, and that ain't true.

Statistics disagree with you.

12 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

Accuracy is overrated

Signed,

The Jets

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

Kap is interesting. Anyone who thinks this is just about his political stance, are wrong. People who think he is not able to play in the NFL because he is not good enough are flat-out wrong. Rather, it's the combination of mediocrity and controversy that makes him radioactive.

5 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Statistics disagree with you.

Oh stop.

Tell me this, what other starting qb is he better than?

i can think of possibly about 3, and those are all teams without a qb.

by the way, the Seattle backup is an arena league guy I just found out.  I'm a genius even when I don't know it.

2 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He's utter garbage. If the Seahawks had signed him I'd have spent the year rooting for the LOLphins. 

I don't disagree (though I would use different words). But there are about a dozen quarterbacks, at most, in the NFL who aren't utter garbage. Mike Glennon is making $15 million! Kap is good enough to play in the league. He's good enough to start on some teams. He's just not good enough for a team to wade through the controversy. 

6 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Kap is interesting. Anyone who thinks this is just about his political stance, are wrong. People who think he is not able to play in the NFL because he is not good enough are flat-out wrong. Rather, it's the combination of mediocrity and controversy that makes him radioactive.

He's not mediocre, he's bad.

Alex Smith is average/mediocre.  Kap way worse than him.

Just now, CPslograd said:

Oh stop.

Tell me this, what other starting qb is he better than?

i can think of possibly about 3, and those are all teams without a qb.

by the way, the Seattle backup is an arena league guy I just found out.  I'm a genius even when I don't know it.

Who said I think he should be a starter? At this point in his career, he is a high-level backup or a low-end starter. He was average last year, and his statistics back that up. (Rating of 90+, 16 TDS, 4 picks, 60 percent completion is average, especially considering the team he was playing for).

Just now, CPslograd said:

He's not mediocre, he's bad.

Alex Smith is average/mediocre.  Kap way worse than him.

Smith is indeed the very definition of average/mediocre. Kap's statistics last year were comparable to Smith's, playing on a much worse team.

12 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Who said I think he should be a starter? At this point in his career, he is a high-level backup or a low-end starter. He was average last year, and his statistics back that up. (Rating of 90+, 16 TDS, 4 picks, 60 percent completion is average, especially considering the team he was playing for).

7 minutes ago, NVGiant said:

Smith is indeed the very definition of average/mediocre. Kap's statistics last year were comparable to Smith's, playing on a much worse team.

Are you seriously saying Kap is comparable to smith at this point of their careers?  That's not a serious position to have.

And your stats don't mean anything.  Garbage time stats are irrelevant.

if your argument is that Kap would be an average backup, then I could go for that.  But his salary is a bigger obstacle than the anthem deal to him getting a gig.

3 minutes ago, CPslograd said:

MOre tebow  haters!

Oh no that was about Hackenburg. Well... and not retaining Fitzpatrick.

Really any Jets QB fits the mold 

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

That is a great point.