Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Nevada Convert

Kaepernick Decides To Retire From NFL

11 minutes ago, sebasour said:

That's fine, but I also reserve the right to call the people who get super offended and want this guy's career ruined silly and frankly a**holes. 

What has he done that's so unforgivable besides peacefully kneeling quietly during a song? 

Personally, I don't think it's unforgivable or even that big of a deal and think he should get a chance somewhere else. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

The idea that a perfectly capable player can be denied the opportunity just to make a team - dude can't even get a camp invite - because he took a stand against, of all things, police brutality, should chill every nfl player, especially black players, to the bone. The owners (fabulously wealthy white guys) and fans (mostly middle class white guys) are sending a clear message: this is our league, and you only get to play in it because we allow you to. You are nothing more than an automaton who performs for my entertainment and/or profit. It's dehumanizing to say the least. 

I hope every black player kneels during the anthem next year. I hope the Vikings players find a way to pay tribute to philando castille. I hope the players send a message that owning a business doesn't mean you own the people who work for you. 

I like old crazy legs.  One of my favorite players to come from a conference mate.

I think however this is a good thing, it will reinforce into players mind  that they are mere puppets  here for my amusement.  Dance you stupid monkeys, dance.  We throw huge riches, fame, adoration and ass at you.  Shut up and dance.

You can have an opinion when you retire.  Right now I just want to watch grown men attempt to kill each other on a field so as  to move a ball for my entertainment. 

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I like old crazy legs.  On of my favorite players to come from a conference mate.

I think however this is a good thing, it will reinforce into players mind  that they are mere puppets  here for my amusement.  Dance you stupid monkeys, dance.  We throw huge riches, fame, adoration and ass at you.  Shut up and dance.

You can have an opinion when you retire.  Right now I just want to watch grown men attempt to kill each other on a field so as  to move a ball for my entertainment. 

This is America, why can't he do both? Have an opinion and "dance" for us on Sundays.

24 minutes ago, SJSUMFA2013 said:

The idea that a perfectly capable player can be denied the opportunity just to make a team - dude can't even get a camp invite - because he took a stand against, of all things, police brutality, should chill every nfl player, especially black players, to the bone. The owners (fabulously wealthy white guys) and fans (mostly middle class white guys) are sending a clear message: this is our league, and you only get to play in it because we allow you to. You are nothing more than an automaton who performs for my entertainment and/or profit. It's dehumanizing to say the least. 

I hope every black player kneels during the anthem next year. I hope the Vikings players find a way to pay tribute to philando castille. I hope the players send a message that owning a business doesn't mean you own the people who work for you. 

Owning a business  absolutely means you do what you feel is in the best interest of your business thereby protecting yourself as well as your employees and their families (that means those black players as well).

Meh. He was an exciting athlete for a bit. 

35% of this is political

65% of this is because he's shot.

Von Miller starts kneeling he's still going to have a job. David car starts kneeling he's still going to have a job. 

4 minutes ago, renoskier said:

This is America, why can't he do both? Have an opinion and "dance" for us on Sundays.

Because his opinion made enough drama that it ever so slightly bothered me when trying to watch a game, or sports center.  Time wasted talking about crazy legs kneeling could have been better spent showing highlights or talking about....football.  He was not exciting enough or a good enough dancer to off set it by making plays that made me go "wow".

He maybe made football 0.001% less enjoyable for me, so I am glad his career is ruined.  'Murica.

1 hour ago, UofMTigers said:

Hundley isn't a solid back up and Kaepernick did lead SF to the Super Bowl and NFC Championship...just tell the guys when he speaks either smile and nod or say 'black power' and walk away...I mean, he has talent.

of course, who knows if he would be willing to take a million dollar contract to be a back up? (I think 900k and some change is the league required minimum to sign him)

I'm not too worried about backups.

If Rodgers goes down we're +++++ed anyway.

1 hour ago, sebasour said:

Damn, people really have a stick up their asses about the kneeling during the national anthem thing huh? They get mad at BLM protesters for not being peaceful (despite most being peaceful) and then they get mad when someone tries to protest in a peaceful way. The right is cool with protesting, just as long as it's done exactly the way they like it.

Fidel Castro shirts

Pigs with cop hats socks.

Pretty controversial person if you ask me.

Dude has enough talent to be on a roster.

NFL teams don't like the extra attention tho. This is nothing new. The only way you survive it is if you're too damn good to let go.

Ray Rice, Tim Tebow. Not good enough to warrant the constant distraction of media. Colin is doing him. Good for him. He still brings controversy and attention teams don't want to deal with.

Do you think if he had these opinions and wasn't on the front page of new sites every now and then he'd still be looking for a job? No. He wanted the attention. He got it.

All is well, For Rice is gone.                  

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

For example, I'm very pro-Palestinian and have strong opinions about the Likud Party and other Israeli hardliners. I also am entering the legal field which is dominated by Jewish people. I have the right to state my views, however, if I did, I probably wouldn't have a job with a big firm. Who's fault is that?

Obviously the Jews fault :shrug: 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

It's always the Jews' fault somehow. 

Yep. Just ask Trump...err Hitler...(cause that comparison is valid.  Just ask a lefty). 

Just now, Joe from WY said:

hitlerbook.JPG

I love that meme. 

6 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

+++++ing Barry Bonds didn't get a job in 2008 even though he was better than every AL team's DH position at that time. Including the A's, who I really wanted to sign him. That's just the way the cookie crumbles when you bring controversy. 

I forget the situation but I'm sure Bonds wanted more than a league minimum contract.

Sure, Kaep's political stance has cost him but if he was willing to sign for "back up" type money, we would be having this conversation.

1 minute ago, renoskier said:

I forget the situation but I'm sure Bonds wanted more than a league minimum contract.

Sure, Kaep's political stance has cost him but if he was willing to sign for "back up" type money, we would be having this conversation.

Maybe he's not willing to sign for back up money?  

3 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

He's not. He wants 9 mil a year. 

I wouldn't sign a backup QB for 9 million a year plus the added distractions.  

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Maybe he's not willing to sign for back up money?  

I don't think so and I think it would be a bad decision on his part if he did.

If he really still wants to play, not a given, why get stuck somewhere for 900k? He doesn't need the money that bad. The way QB's go down, better to sit on the sidelines and take his chances on someone needing a starter.