Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Phil Steele Picks CSU to win MW.

12 hours ago, slappy said:

I don't think anyone would be surprised to see Boise 1-3 in the mountain.  Not picking them any longer isn't much of a shocker. 

Read the article, then below I saw the Vandals are building a new hoops stadium out of wood.   I knew things were tough but what is going on? @VandalPride97

spend the cash and do it right.  It will be there for a long time. 

Times aren't tough, it's a partnership with the timber industry to put up a unique and eco sustainable venue.  I don't have the expertise to go into the details, but timber is going through a bit of a renaissance as a long-term building material.  I'm sure there are some people around here who can speak to that. 

1 hour ago, Scooter said:

I'm pretty sure our guys are sick of losing to boise.  Eventually the shit evens out.,

Like JimJam said.  If our Defense shows up this year I think we take the Broncos down.

Like being sick of losing to a team matters.  Boise's just better than you and they beat your ass by multiple scores every time you guys play

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

Like being sick of losing to a team matters.  Boise's just better than you and they beat your ass by multiple scores every time you guys play

Thanks for your unwanted opinion Jackoften.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

24 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

One of these days CSU cracks the Boise code. USU did, mostly due to Boise's turning the ball over. Maybe that can happen? I just don't think Boise is a good matchup for CSU, much like SDSU isn't a good matchup for USU. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

8 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They are so in need of this. They should have done this decades ago. It looks awesome. 

Insert "snarky comment about capacity and Big Sky and/or WCC"* 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

14 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

They are so in need of this. They should have done this decades ago. It looks awesome. 

Absolutely 100% true.  The arena is long overdue.  Once that is done, maybe we'll have a new president who will tackle the dome issue.

44 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

They're building a timber high rise in Portland too right now. 

Doesn't that contradict the environmentalists views on using timber and cutting down trees and all that?  

The Portland Tree Hugger Association might be protesting construction of this. 

48 minutes ago, VandalPride97 said:

Is there a practical difference?

Yeah, considering the West Champ has won the conference three out of four years...

4 hours ago, Dimwhit said:

He picked Boise last year. Shows what he knows...

Steele prides himself as always being a more accurate prognosticator than any of his rivals. Steele does fine on the P5s and I really don't check the other mags so don't know how well they predict the MWC standings but Steele is lousy at that. These were his predicted finishes for 2016:

Mountain: Boise, AFA, USU, UNM, CSU, Wyoming

West: SDSU (yeah THAT was a tough one), UNR, SJSU, UNLV, Fresno, Hawaii

Actual standings:

Mountain: Wyoming, Boise, UNM, AFA, CSU, USU

West: SDSU, Hawaii, SJSU, UNR, UNLV, Fresno

Three-pitch strikeout on Wyoming and close to that on Hawaii, USU three slots lower than predicted, AFA and UNR two slots lower than he said, etc. IIRC, Steele once paid that Wyoming writer Gagliardi to cover the MWC for him but at least during the recent past he's had a bunch of no-names.

Edit: Gotta admit that Idaho arena looks very cool. Maybe a student can plant a bomb in the excreble quonset hut and force them to do something like that with an indoor football stadium.

Boom goes the dynamite.

Congrats on being preseason division champs! 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

1 hour ago, Cincy said:

Doesn't that contradict the environmentalists views on using timber and cutting down trees and all that?  

The Portland Tree Hugger Association might be protesting construction of this. 

It's just how you spin it.  Most tree huggers are dumb as shit.  Just takes a little money to throw around some catch terms and boom.  You have an eco friendly sustainable living space.