Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

madmartigan

Philando Castile's shooter acquitted

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/philando-castile-verdict-protests/index.html

I didn't follow the case, but this is a bad look. Maybe the jury overcorrected for public outcry to throw the officer in jail and throw away the key? 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

1 hour ago, madmartigan said:

http://www.cnn.com/2017/06/16/us/philando-castile-verdict-protests/index.html

I didn't follow the case, but this is a bad look. Maybe the jury overcorrected for public outcry to throw the officer in jail and throw away the key? 

Maybe?  I saw the initial video and was shocked the office shot Castillo.  And this gives credence to the issue many blacks in America have raised, what do they have to do not to get shot by the police.   He was a CCW holder, told the officer he was armed and the officer asked for his identification and when he reached for it he got shot.  Wtf.  

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

7 hours ago, mugtang said:

Maybe?  I saw the initial video and was shocked the office shot Castillo.  And this gives credence to the issue many blacks in America have raised, what do they have to do not to get shot by the police.   He was a CCW holder, told the officer he was armed and the officer asked for his identification and when he reached for it he got shot.  Wtf.  

I'm trying to understand it from both perspectives. I am not doing a good job. This looks really bad. It appears the officer made a horrible mistake and shot him. That looks like manslaughter (at the least) to me. 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

3 minutes ago, madmartigan said:

I'm trying to understand it from both perspectives. I am not doing a good job. This looks really bad. It appears the officer made a horrible mistake and shot him. That looks like manslaughter (at the least) to me. 

Definitely manslaughter at least in my opinion.  I do have a mwcboard legal degree. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

2 minutes ago, mugtang said:

Definitely manslaughter at least in my opinion.  I do have a mwcboard legal degree. 

There will be those that try to defend this one, but I think it's near impossible. Your prestigious legal degree is serving you well. 

Still waiting for the NRA's anguished howls of outrage at a liscensed CC holder who did everything right before being gunned down by the state.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

23 minutes ago, Joe from WY said:

I must've missed the part where everybody saw the encounter in the police car before the video started rolling. 

Good point. I need to hear that story. 

Guest RoscoesDad

Well the PD put out a statement after the acquittal and said that the defendant was relieved of his duties at the police dept. and they didn't want him any more because he was not fit for duty.  Even though he was found not guilty.  LMAO.  So he did something bad enough to not warrant the PD to keep him on the force, yet he wasn't guilty of killing an innocent man and thus, justified.  Not even trying to understand this garbage. 

4 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

Still waiting for the NRA's anguished howls of outrage at a liscensed CC holder who did everything right before being gunned down by the state.

I think from the evidence we have that the officer should have been convicted of manslaughter.  So do most NRA members.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2016/07/09/the-nras-internal-revolt-over-philando-castile/?utm_term=.a610092f3a46

6 hours ago, Victor Maitlin said:

I'm an NRA member and was furious over it.  Obviously I'm not the organization but still furious. 

Shocking 

On 12/1/2016 at 12:26 PM, WyomingCoog said:

I own a vehicle likely worth more than everything you own combined and just flew first class (including a ticket for a 2 1/2 year old), round trip to Las Vegas and I'm not 35 yet. When you accomplish something outside of finishing a book, let me know. When's the last time you saw a 2 year old fly first class in their own seat? Don't tell me about elite.  

28 minutes ago, NorCalCoug said:

I’d happily compare IQ’s with you any day of the week.