Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

4UNLV

Warriors/Rebels

9 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

He's hating on a player who's made $40m in his career. I tell you what, for a player who takes a lot is chit, McGee's done pretty good for himself. Dude's goofy as hell -- but he's genuine. 

And it's not like he was the fist overall pick and bounced from the league after a season... or anything like that. 

How much money you make/have is not a great indicator of intelligence.  If you think it is, then you have not been around people with money.

16 minutes ago, Posturedoc said:

Ha! Pot calling the kettle black here, as you've yet to demonstrate half of the Mensa-level IQ you claim. I'm not holding my breath that you ever will either. The one thing that is clear is your woody for poo-pooing Nevada sports. Please do let us know when the Rebs are Nevada's equals in the big three. I won't hold my breath for that either. 

That will never happen because UNLV is superior to UNR.  They beat out Oregon for a five star recruit when Oregon was at their peak and UNLV was at their Valley.  UNR will never be able to do that.

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

How much money you make/have is not a great indicator of intelligence.  If you think it is, then you have not been around people with money.

Yes, but the number of appearances on Shaqtin' a fool is a great indicator of intelligence. :rolleyes:

8 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

That will never happen because UNLV is superior to UNR.  They beat out Oregon for a five star recruit when Oregon was at their peak and UNLV was at their Valley.  UNR will never be able to do that.

We beat Ohio State/UCLA/Arizona/etc for a 5-star recruit coming off a 1st round CBI exit.

And what are you saying will never happen? Our big 3 are clearly better than yours (all 3 of them).

16 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm talking about now.

Ok. In your opinion, what has changed from 2004 to now that has lowered the peak to a first round exit? Also, wouldnt recent events suggest UNLV's peak to be lower? Ya know, since we are only talking about now. 

35 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

How would he know the difference?  He has a room temperature IQ.

Also it doesn't take a great IQ to notice the difference between 

this:

Image result for unlv campus

and this:

Image result for unr quad

6 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Smh. Scoreboard, dude. What does landing this "superior" talent do to prove overall superiority when your teams are losing on the field/court?  

I get that it's exciting to see the quality recruits Menzies brought in for this class, but as with Rice, you're counting your chickens prematurely. Menzies has generally had to coach up a lower talent level in the past, not mesh high star - often high ego - players into a cohesive team. I think he'll do fine there, but until we actually see it... Go ahead and crow about your recruiting superiority. I'll stick to judging the better program by which team wins the games. 

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

Oregon is the new litmus? Your logic is shallow at best. 

1 hour ago, ph90702 said:

You're the one measuring other peoples' intelligence. I've met McGee. Have you? 

3 minutes ago, NevadaFan said:

Oregon is the new litmus? Your logic is shallow at best. 

Oregon is at their peak, and UNLV still beat them for a basketball player.  Also, landing D1 transfers doesn't count as recruiting.

9 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Oregon is at their peak, and UNLV still beat them for a basketball player.  Also, landing D1 transfers doesn't count as recruiting.

Your national championship was built on transfers. Your team next year will depend on a transfer PG and the JC kid which is still transferring schools

4 minutes ago, Jaredcg said:

Your national championship was built on transfers. Your team next year will depend on a transfer PG and the JC kid which is still transferring schools

The focus long-term is high school players.

28 minutes ago, BestintheWest said:

I'm still amazed at the amount of people that get sucked into PH's retardation contest.

This, somehow he always draws me in, that's more embarrassing than anything. I go back and forth on whether he's a real person or not.

4 hours ago, bigd said:

This, somehow he always draws me in, that's more embarrassing than anything. I go back and forth on whether he's a real person or not.

If I keep drawing you in, isn't there at least some skill on my part?

4 hours ago, BestintheWest said:

I'm still amazed at the amount of people that get sucked into PH's retardation contest.

I post what I believe.   UNLV has a much higher ceiling than UNR.  They will not sweep us again next year.