Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ClevelandBrown

Athlon Top 130 released

Guest Dr. Dre
14 hours ago, badfish said:

Pretty accurate. As for SDSU being 61, I agree with that too. We have a lot to prove and most of our talent is young and untested. We may surprise people this year, but I still expect '18 to be the year to set expectations high.

We're better than 61, more like mid-40s. But, whatever. Aztecs are loaded with talent- '18 could be a NY6 type of season 

Guest Dr. Dre
12 hours ago, AztecSU said:

You and the others better pray that's who it is...

agree with this too. MWC better have SDSU in mind when the next TV negotiation is up. We already have one foot out the door. Boise, CSU, would probably follow.

9 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

agree with this too. MWC better have SDSU in mind when the next TV negotiation is up. We already have one foot out the door. Boise, CSU, would probably follow.

CSU is definitely a maybe IMO.  Depends on the MWC TV deal, and where we had a chance to go.  I don't see Dr. Tony Frank ever signing a GOR in a G5 conference.

On 6/15/2017 at 5:13 PM, AztecSU said:

4 current and 3 future AAC programs in the top 10 of the G5.

Navy ain't #4 in the top 10 of G5. They have an untested QB and lost a lot on D to graduation, and that's after losing to both AF and Army last year. Must have some boat school homers putting their votes out there

On 6/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, ClevelandBrown said:

Athlon Top 130

Mountain West:

122. SJSU

117. FSU

115. UNR

105. UNLV

97. USU

96. UNM

88. UH

77. AFA

72. WYO

61. SDSU (no respect!)

58. CSU

35. BSU

Notables:

125. NMSU

104. Idaho

83. WMU (hope you enjoyed it)

81. Temple

59. Houston

39. BYU

24. USF

Top 10 G5:

1. USF (24)

2. BSU (35)

3. Memphis (51)

4. Navy (56)

5. CSU (58)

6. Houston (59)

7. SDSU (61)

8. App State (67)

9. Troy (68)

10. Toledo (69)

Top 5 teams that play for nothing:

1. BYU

MWC average: 94.81 (barf)

AAC average: 76.16

There's no reason CSU should be ahead of SDSU in anyone's rankings imo. I'd even put them in the top 35 above BSU. Otherwise, hard to argue. As for you +100 schools.....come on!

Nevada will be much better than that. Idaho will be much better than that. CSU is ranked way too high. SDSU should be much better. 

kat.jpg

9 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

Nevada will be much better than that. Idaho will be much better than that. CSU is ranked way too high. SDSU should be much better. 

There it is!  Now I know for sure we will have a good year.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

On 6/15/2017 at 4:48 PM, ClevelandBrown said:

Athlon Top 130

Mountain West:

122. SJSU

117. FSU

115. UNR

105. UNLV

97. USU

96. UNM

88. UH

77. AFA

72. WYO

61. SDSU (no respect!)

58. CSU

35. BSU

Notables:

125. NMSU

104. Idaho

83. WMU (hope you enjoyed it)

81. Temple

59. Houston

39. BYU

24. USF

Top 10 G5:

1. USF (24)

2. BSU (35)

3. Memphis (51)

4. Navy (56)

5. CSU (58)

6. Houston (59)

7. SDSU (61)

8. App State (67)

9. Troy (68)

10. Toledo (69)

Top 5 teams that play for nothing:

1. BYU

MWC average: 94.81 (barf)

AAC average: 76.16

There's no reason CSU should be ahead of SDSU in anyone's rankings imo. I'd even put them in the top 35 above BSU. Otherwise, hard to argue. As for you +100 schools.....come on!

Who won head-to-head CSU/CSUSan Diego last yr???

Guest Dr. Dre
12 minutes ago, GoState99755 said:

Who won head-to-head CSU/CSUSan Diego last yr???

Oh, you mean you SDSU for the first time since 2008 in a meaningless game (for us)?

Congrats?

2-8 in the last 10. 

Go watch Everclear pea-brain, and try not to drool during the show.

16 hours ago, Nevada Convert said:

I completely agree...

With the part about Idaho, beyond that you're up in the night.

On 6/17/2017 at 5:29 PM, Dr. Dre said:

Oh, you mean you SDSU for the first time since 2008 in a meaningless game (for us)?

Congrats?

It's a shame you feel defending your home field in conference is "...a meaningless game."

I'm not looking for congratulations.  My comment was in the context of predicting this coming seasons performance.

2 hours ago, GoState99755 said:

It's a shame you feel defending your home field in conference is "...a meaningless game."

I'm not looking for congratulations.  My comment was in the context of predicting this coming seasons performance.

The way SDSU fans dismiss that game is pretty +++++ing hilarious.  They were still playing for the chance at an access bid and hosting the MWCCG.  That game showed serious flaws in the SDSU team.  

9 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The way SDSU fans dismiss that game is pretty +++++ing hilarious.  They were still playing for the chance at an access bid and hosting the MWCCG. On senior night.  That game showed serious flaws in the SDSU team.  

51 minutes ago, Fowl said:

We lost to Wyoming the week prior.  Can you blame us?  Our season was over.  We had zero chance at the access bowl.

I don't think SDSU was up for the CSU game like they were for the CCG, I also don't believe it was meaningless.  CSU's coaches unlocked a few keys, and CSU was on a roll.  SDSU didn't just roll over.  Playing for the seniors is always motivating in that final home game, and SDSU still had some prizes to gain.  I get that it wasn't their biggest game of the year, but I think it's stupid to assume that CSU had no role in that contest.  Go watch the replay.  Look no further than a very out of character unsportsmanlike by Pumphrey.  If he didn't give a shit, he wouldn't have been frustrated enough to run his mouth at the CSU bench.  That was a RAM win, not a SDSU forfeit like so many here would suggest.

Guest Dr. Dre
8 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

The way SDSU fans dismiss that game is pretty +++++ing hilarious.  They were still playing for the chance at an access bid and hosting the MWCCG.  That game showed serious flaws in the SDSU team.  

not even close

12 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I don't think SDSU was up for the CSU game like they were for the CCG, I also don't believe it was meaningless.  CSU's coaches unlocked a few keys, and CSU was on a roll.  SDSU didn't just roll over.  Playing for the seniors is always motivating in that final home game, and SDSU still had some prizes to gain.  I get that it wasn't their biggest game of the year, but I think it's stupid to assume that CSU had no role in that contest.  Go watch the replay.  Look no further than a very out of character unsportsmanlike by Pumphrey.  If he didn't give a shit, he wouldn't have been frustrated enough to run his mouth at the CSU bench.  That was a RAM win, not a SDSU forfeit like so many here would suggest.

We hadn't been rolled up like that since Ohio State.  I have no idea why the bludgeoning was what it was.  Rams have a great offense, but we had played some offenses and not taken it on the chin like that.

I don't dismiss, but I would like to forget what happened last year. 

On 6/15/2017 at 8:54 PM, Headbutt said:

Oh, we're not going to beat 'Bama.  No phucking way (notice that since I didn't win the Coastie I can still type "phucking", I think that's cool).

Idaho is better than folks give credit for.  The QB is legit NFL stuff.  I would love to see the Vandals sneak up on Mizery.  If for no other reason it would make CSU look a little better regarding our faux pas last winter.  

CSU will have a small shot due to Fresneck softening them up, but Idaho has a legit shot at the upset.  As a matter of fact, I expect Idaho to win.  We will all be disappointed if Idaho doesn't win that one.  All of Idaho's MWC brethren will be watching and expecting a W against Mizery.  Do not let us down!

It's a pretty long shot, but maybe we'll pull it off.  I think Petrino is familiar with Mizzou's playbook from back when he was the OC for Arky.