Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jimjam

New Belgium porch under construction

6 hours ago, pokebball said:

Wyoming's Melvin Brewing > Colorado's New Belgum.  And it's not even close.

I haven't had Melvin.  You may be right.  After all, New Belgium isn't the best brewer in CO or even the best beer in FoCo.  Still, $5,000,000 to support the stadium and a partnership with our fermentation program does enhance the taste of a Fat Tire a bit.  Enough that they've recovered plenty of my business.

I've got a hunch that I'm going to hate this one...

Image result for old aggie new belgium

I've got a hunch that I'll buy some though.

5 hours ago, Headbutt said:

I haven't had Melvin.  You may be right.  After all, New Belgium isn't the best brewer in CO or even the best beer in FoCo.  Still, $5,000,000 to support the stadium and a partnership with our fermentation program does enhance the taste of a Fat Tire a bit.  Enough that they've recovered plenty of my business.

I've got a hunch that I'm going to hate this one...

I've got a hunch that I'll buy some though.

O'Dell's 90-Shilling is my favorite amber brewed in Fort Fun.

I'm not a big fan of lagers, but I do like the logo & branding of Old Aggie!!!

Odell's is the best in FC, probably the best in Colorado. NB makes good beer and the people there are great when you visit the brewery. 

Thier best beers are imo:

trippel

abbey

citradelic

some of the lips of faith series have been amazing but you can only get those locally. 

23 hours ago, pokebball said:

Wyoming's Melvin Brewing > Colorado's New Belgum.  And it's not even close.

Only problem with Melvin is the people who own it are complete azzholes. They refuse to make it available to Wyoming distributors while selling it in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

In the words of a colleague from Jackson, "F--k 'em. It's only beer. There's plenty of good ones."

Image result for h.l. mencken quotes

1 hour ago, Joe from WY said:

I've always been partial to the Boulder Brewing Co. personally. I can remember getting drunk at their outlet in DIA and then driving up the turnpike back to Wyoming, making sure to stop in FoCo for a bottle of Everclear on the way. 

Everclear???   I'm on the road w/them as we speak in Moorhead, MN

20 hours ago, jimjam said:

I've had Melvin, it's not bad.  When your piece of shit gets a beer garden and the operator of the beer garden donates $5,000,000 to your AD let me know.

Wyoming actually released plans for an endzone beer garden but the bids came back over budget.

CSU had plans for an end zone beer garden and New Belgium paid $4 million to build it.

Take that information and draw whatever conclusion you'd like.

3 minutes ago, Fort Fun said:

Wyoming actually released plans for an endzone beer garden but the bids came back over budget.

CSU had plans for an end zone beer garden and New Belgium paid $4 million to build it.

Take that information and draw whatever conclusion you'd like.

Some guesses...

The University didn't really want it.

No breweries in Wyoming were willing to fork over the cash.

Bud light is the top seller in Laramie.

Admin tired of trying to keep up with what CSU is doing.

3 hours ago, Wyovanian said:

Only problem with Melvin is the people who own it are complete azzholes. They refuse to make it available to Wyoming distributors while selling it in Idaho, Oregon, Washington, and Utah.

In the words of a colleague from Jackson, "F--k 'em. It's only beer. There's plenty of good ones."

Cheyenne Beveridge distributes it in the SE corner of the State?  It's been in my fridge for well over a yr.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

42 minutes ago, pokebball said:

Cheyenne Beveridge distributes it in the SE corner of the State?  It's been in my fridge for well over a yr.

Question.  

Is beer being sold at the WaRp other than suite and club areas?

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg

On 6/15/2017 at 2:08 PM, jimjam said:

Not sure if it will be open on Sept. 15th.  CSU is on the road at Alabama that weekend.

they should open it up for fans that want to watch the game there.

Guest Dr. Dre
22 minutes ago, 4UNLV said:

they should open it up for fans that want to watch the game there.

that's a no-brainer. I'd have that porch open every road game weather permitting. Put the game on the jumbotron

26 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

that's a no-brainer. I'd have that porch open every road game weather permitting. Put the game on the jumbotron

This is being proposed.  Members only at home games, but they could easily sell tickets to watch the jumbotron in the beer garden for away tilts. Our schedule starts out home, neutral, home, away, away, away this year.  Right there are three or four games during nice weather that some coin can be made.

The beer garden is also available to rent for group functions I'm told.