Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

halfmanhalfbronco

Generalities of the "other side" that you respect.

I respect liberals.  

Liberals believe in capitalism, free exchange of resources, goods and ideas.

Liberals believe in individual rights.  No patriot acts, no hindering free speech, they believe in a trial by your peers, innocent until proven guilty, equal rights for all and equal responsibility for all.

I respect people who make decisions by the numbers not empathy.

I respect people who do not think they have to take away others rights to feel safe.

I respect effort and intelligence, the first more than the last.

I respect politicians like George H.W. Bush who were willing to commit political suicide for the good of the country.  I disrespect everyone who made him do it and used it against him.

I respect Lawrence Taylor, Kareem Abdul Jabbar, Babe Ruth, Muhammad Ali and Pele because the greatest are a pleasure to watch.

I respect anyone who enjoys the outdoors and enjoys nature because you have to be a real person in the outdoors.  There are no fakers voluntarily enjoying outdoor sports.  I am talking about the people who will hunt in the rain or snow all day for weeks unsuccessfully and be ready for more because they are having fun.

I respect the way Dims toe the party line and allow no dissension in the ranks.

I respect the way the Dims manipulate marginalized groups to vote for them and then do nothing for them.

I respect how the local Dim running for the Georgia 6th talks about how both parties waste our money, knowing that he is lying through his teeth and will tax and spend like the best of the Dims.

I respect how his Millennial Dim followers will cheer him on, knowing full well that they support no federal budget cuts at all. 

Communists

• They change peasant states into industrialized nations with only a couple genocidal 5 year plans
  • It frankly seems like it's the ideal government for going from "oppressed colony" to "overthrowing a stronger on paper power"
  • Give them credit, when it didn't work 90% of communist states said "whelp, now that we've built industrial infrastructure freer markets it is"
  • Party organization is ON POINT
  • Terrifying Euphemism game also on point

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

I think the majority on both sides genuinely want what is best for the country,  and are not spiteful little men with nothing but hatred in their hearts like roswell.

I'm a desperate man
Send lawyers, guns, and money
The shit has hit the fan

1 hour ago, Mano said:

I think the majority on both sides genuinely want what is best for the country,  and are not spiteful little men with nothing but hatred in their hearts like roswell.

I respect Yewt fans for their ability to say with a straight face that they never, ever think about BYU, while posting furiously about BYU on the interwebs, blissfully obtuse that their behavior is a classic contradiction in terms. 

10 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Democrats

• Altruism. 
  • Empathy for the disenfranchised
  • Love of public lands and wanting to protect them 

I agree with this list.  I think the empathy and fighting for the disenfranchised is their greatest quality. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

5 hours ago, roswellcoug said:

I respect the way Dims toe the party line and allow no dissension in the ranks.

I respect the way the Dims manipulate marginalized groups to vote for them and then do nothing for them.

I respect how the local Dim running for the Georgia 6th talks about how both parties waste our money, knowing that he is lying through his teeth and will tax and spend like the best of the Dims.

I respect how his Millennial Dim followers will cheer him on, knowing full well that they support no federal budget cuts at all. 

It's a shame your Mom didn't hug you more as a child.

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

This was a nice try @halfmanhalfbronco but it appears we aren't able to say nice things about people/political parties we disagree with. 

thelawlorfaithful, on 31 Dec 2012 - 04:01 AM, said:One of the rules I live by: never underestimate a man in a dandy looking sweater

15 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

In the spirit empathy.  Name a few things you respect about the party you do not identify with.  

More seasonal work visas for low skill foreign workers in the agricultural sector (paying all taxes but no pathway to citizenship)

Guest RoscoesDad
1 hour ago, NVGiant said:

I like that most Republicans aren't @roswellcoug

30%-40% are anyways.  But I guess that isn't most.

I respect GOP for:

- being smarter at playing the game of politics.  They are always 3 steps ahead of Ds in terms of strategy.  Rs play chess.  Ds play checkers.

- being able to stick to an issue or principle in the face of criticism, instead of acquiescing and back down like bitches like the Ds do on every issue they supposedly stand for.

- their ability to turn out a high % of their base in election.

1 minute ago, RoscoesDad said:

30%-40% are anyways.  But I guess that isn't most.

I respect GOP for:

- being smarter at playing the game of politics.  They are always 3 steps ahead of Ds in terms of strategy.  Rs play chess.  Ds play checkers.

- being able to stick to an issue or principle in the face of criticism, instead of acquiescing and back down like bitches like the Ds do on every issue they supposedly stand for.

- their ability to turn out a high % of their base in election.

I always thought the Dems were better at getting out the vote than the GOP

Guest RoscoesDad
13 minutes ago, mugtang said:

I always thought the Dems were better at getting out the vote than the GOP

Not % wise.  Ds have always held the advantage on aggregate #s of registered voters.  They just don't turn them out as well.

I respect how Dim voter registration advocates can ask everyone outside the local Floor & Decor if they are registered to vote except me and my wife.

I respect how Hillary can speak in a church every Sunday morning during the campaign and not a single media member question how this political activity does not violate the church's tax exemption. 

16 hours ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Democrats

• Altruism. 
  • Empathy for the disenfranchised
  • Love of public lands and wanting to protect them 

I don't respect these things about democrats because they aren't real.

Their "empathy for the disenfranchised", is obviously a political campaign position that they have no intention of doing anything about.  When given a chance democrats don't help the disenfranchised.  In 2009 when they could have passed real immigration reform with lots of republican help.  They did nothing.  In 2010 the same.   In 2007 when Bush tried to do it they made sure he failed.

Their "altruism", is all a smokescreen.   Every thinking person knows that welfare destroys families, communities and cities.   We have example after example yet democrats do their best at every turn to destroy more families, communities and cities because they want the people to be dependent on them.   They only "altruism", they really have is to future democratic candidates who will have a larger dependent class that will tend to vote for them.

I respect them for protecting public lands but I do not trust them.  If at any point there is an election advantage to be gained i fully expect them to change their stance.  As they have universally done on every issue throughout the history of the democratic party.