Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

misplacedcowboy

Coming to a Best Buy Parking Lot near you...

32 minutes ago, kalua pig said:

in a parking lot,conor would literally kill mayweather.

100% true. And true of many boxing matches. Ali would have been murdered by Liston, Foreman, and Frazier. But that ain't the business they had chosen, nor is it the one to which McGregor agreed.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

11 hours ago, TK_05 said:

lame

And pretty inaccurate.  Hague had been getting punched and kicked for years by heavyweights with tiny gloves.  He had suffered multiple bad looking knockouts in MMA.

Three boxing bouts with 16 oz gloves did the trick?  Okay.

Not only was the post poor form, but has some holes in it.

Guest Dr. Dre

who is on the undercard, Rocky vs. Thunderlips?  

this is made for TV for simpletons. whoever buys this is a dope

6 hours ago, TK_05 said:

not at all

and pretty low brow to use a dude's death to try and make whatever shitty point it is you're trying to make

Saying boxers  are better boxers than UFC guys is a "shitty point?"

Pointing out the fact that the last UFC guy to step into the ring with a pro boxer ended up dead as a result of it, may be insensitive, but it is relevant to this conversation.  

Connor will be nearly defenseless against FM.  He has never faced anything close to the hand speed, footwork, ring IQ, or boxing experience that he's going to see in FM, even at 40 years of age. His only hope is a lucky punch.  

"Don't underestimate Joe Biden's ability to F@*k things up."

Barack Obama

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

And pretty inaccurate.  Hague had been getting punched and kicked for years by heavyweights with tiny gloves.  He had suffered multiple bad looking knockouts in MMA.

Three boxing bouts with 16 oz gloves did the trick?  Okay.

Not only was the post poor form, but has some holes in it.

You haven't pointed out any. 

Barack Obama

10 minutes ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Pointing out the fact that the last UFC guy to step into the ring with a pro boxer ended up dead as a result of it, may be insensitive, but it is relevant to this conversation.  

Connor will be nearly defenseless against FM.  He has never faced anything close to the hand speed, footwork, ring IQ, or boxing experience that he's going to see in FM, even at 40 years of age. His only hope is a lucky punch.  

first off, using the term "ufc guy" to describe a dude who was 1-4 during his tenure in the ufc... and then having the gall to extrapolate that to somehow remotely relate to conor mcgregor is just absurd

using the guy's death to prove, again, whatever shitty point it is you're trying to make is absurd

do i post about the dozens of ufc guys that do have professional boxing backgrounds now? i mean... again, i have no idea what shitty point you're trying to make

watch, don't watch... nobody cares. if you think it's a joke, don't tune in. it's not going to stop the hype. the pre-fight shenanigans are worth it alone. 

43 minutes ago, TK_05 said:

first off, using the term "ufc guy" to describe a dude who was 1-4 during his tenure in the ufc... and then having the gall to extrapolate that to somehow remotely relate to conor mcgregor is just absurd

using the guy's death to prove, again, whatever shitty point it is you're trying to make is absurd

do i post about the dozens of ufc guys that do have professional boxing backgrounds now? i mean... again, i have no idea what shitty point you're trying to make

watch, don't watch... nobody cares. if you think it's a joke, don't tune in. it's not going to stop the hype. the pre-fight shenanigans are worth it alone. 

Boxing to UFC is a much easier path than UFC to boxing.  

I'll eventually watch the FM/CM spectacle, but I won't pay for it. 

BTW- I think I've given the impression that I'm a big boxing fan and disrespect the UFC.  That isn't true.  I find the UFC more entertaining than boxing, but I acknowledge that boxing has the better athletes. 

I guess it's kind of similar to my preference of college ball over the NBA.  

And this "fight" is a joke. It's on the same level as when Ali fought that MA  hotshot from Japan. 

Barack Obama

17 hours ago, Aslowhiteguy said:

Don't see it this way.  An under dog yes.  But lucky if he wins No.

Connor will have to wear Floyds hands all night.  He will have to rely on youth and strength.  He will get punished from the start to finish.  But if he can take it and keep throwing until he lands and hurts Floyd it won't be luck.  It will be a very bad man catching a great fighter past his prime. respect will be deserved. 

On 6/20/2017 at 11:42 AM, Dr. Dre said:

who is on the undercard, Rocky vs. Thunderlips?  

this is made for TV for simpletons. whoever buys this is a dope

Definitely a Kodi event.$99.95 for this clown show is ridiculous, but it will sell ridiculously well. 

1 hour ago, slappy said:

Connor will have to wear Floyds hands all night.  He will have to rely on youth and strength.  He will get punished from the start to finish.  But if he can take it and keep throwing until he lands and hurts Floyd it won't be luck.  It will be a very bad man catching a great fighter past his prime. respect will be deserved. 

There's a .01% chance of that happening. It would be better to wait until winter and burn a $100 bill than place a bet on McGregor with it, because at least you would get something for your money. 

3 hours ago, slappy said:

I guess that's one way of looking at it. 

I just don't give Connor much of a chance. 

Other than bringing in southpaw sparring partners, FM doesn't have to change his training methods at all. 

Connor has to make many changes. And he doesn't have much time to do it.  He has to change to a boxing stance.  He has to develop an effective jab.  He has to learn to protect his chin, develop  better footwork,  etc.  

Connor is a tough dude. But he doesn't have great athletic ability. And he's stepping into a new game againt one of the best ever. The changes he's going to have to make are just too much.  

Also, do you really think FM has never faced anyone with the punching power of CM?  All he really has is a overhand left. And by boxing standards, that punch  is kind of slow and when he throws it he drops his right and kind of leads with his chin. That presents an easy target for Floyd.

ETA: I am looking forward to the rematch of Jon Jones vs D.C. much more than the FM/CM money grabbing spectacle. 

Barack Obama

11 minutes ago, PTR said:

Definitely a Kodi event.$99.95 for this clown show is ridiculous, but it will sell ridiculously well. 

I'd appreciate any input you can give me on what add-ons would be best for this, or even live sports in general.

I'm pretty new to the whole Kodi thing...

14 minutes ago, PTR said:

There's a .01% chance of that happening. It would be better to wait until winter and burn a $100 bill than place a bet on McGregor with it, because at least you would get something for your money. 

Ok we disagree.  

Just remember it's a fight and weird things happen.  An aging veteran with a young puncher.  We have all seen this before.  I'm only stating he has a shot and if he does win it is not luck.  I agree he is a huge under dog for all the reasons already mentioned. 

I will watch like everyone else.  Pulling for the under dog as usual. 

Guest Dr. Dre
16 minutes ago, slappy said:

I will watch like everyone else.  

Of course you will. That's because you're stupid, The promoters rely on pigeons such as you to make their millions. Unfortunately, you can probably vote as well.

33 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Of course you will. That's because you're stupid, The promoters rely on pigeons such as you to make their millions. Unfortunately, you can probably vote as well.

It's a made for PPV spectacle. Of course there will a lot of people buying it.  Any UFC fans who think CM has a punchers chance of winning are potential customers. So are the curiosity seekers and causal fans who will buy the event, invite some friends over and have a party.  

Nothing wrong with that.  People waste money on stupid shit everyday.  Hell, we got a guy here who pays $700 for third tier hookers. 

Barack Obama

1 hour ago, Dr. Dre said:

14 + 8 - 3

solve it.