Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BCS member

The P6 push by the AAC

How do you guys feel about the P6 push that was made by the AAC?  I think it was absurd and that it really made the AAC look ridiculous.

That being said, where do you guys go from here?  Do you have any strategies in place that will prevent the MWC from digressing in the coming years?  

Is any chance of a MWC/AAC alliance dead? 

Any strategy in place to try to expand the MWC's footprint at least into Texas?

It could happen.  The Big Ten and SEC commissioners could be sitting right now in a wood paneled club in Chicago or NYC making a $1 bet to swap the B12 and the AAC.

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.

Don't care. AAC does AAC, we need to get back on track on the field not worry about stupid gimmicky tactics.

I recommend all teams immediately convert to Blue Fields. P6 membership guaranteed

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

51 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

We laughed.

Then we were sad for laughing at kindred spirits.

Then we laughed again.

but you thought about us and talked about us...THAT was the point.

nobody thinks or talks about the MAC or CUSA.

mem skyline sig.jpeg

8 minutes ago, UofMTigers said:

but you thought about us and talked about us...THAT was the point.

nobody thinks or talks about the MAC or CUSA.

I probably talk and watch more MACtion than AAC, to be honest.  Tuesday football games and whatnot.

I don't think I can say much about CUSA, I don't know anyone in it.

9 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think anyone thought of you in a good way

Exactly. People thought about Jeffery Dahmer as well. 

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

11 minutes ago, East Coast Aztec said:

I probably talk and watch more MACtion than AAC, to be honest.  Tuesday football games and whatnot.

I don't think I can say much about CUSA, I don't know anyone in it.

I like the MAC.  I can't name a team in CUSA these days.  Utep?  Tulsa?  Marshall?  I think you could probably send most of that group back to 1aa and nobody would really care.  Same for the Sun Belt and most of the MAC.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

1 hour ago, East Coast Aztec said:

We laughed.

Then we were sad for laughing at kindred spirits.

Then we laughed again.

Mark Hamill laughed at the AAC too.

1 hour ago, Victor Maitlin said:

It could happen.  The Big Ten and SEC commissioners could be sitting right now in a wood paneled club in Chicago or NYC making a $1 bet to swap the B12 and the AAC.

Trading Places Reference....nice :-)

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

7 hours ago, BCS member said:

How do you guys feel about the P6 push that was made by the AAC?  I think it was absurd and that it really made the AAC look ridiculous.

That being said, where do you guys go from here?  Do you have any strategies in place that will prevent the MWC from digressing in the coming years?  

You won't see any offensive moves by Hair which is actually more a problem of school presidents failing to keep the commish position competent. Obviously, they chose "AAC" because it can be confused with "ACC". OK, maybe that works for Bryers and Dryers ice cream, but the quality of the ice cream is about the same.

But anyway, I think a good AD will have a promotional package in mind if the conference had some big years in BB and FB like they have in the past. But if you really don't have the goods to sell, you look more like a realtor trying to sell 1 million dollar summer condos in Death Valley. It's a joke. 

kat.jpg

11 hours ago, BCS member said:

craig-thompson-p1.jpg

Strategy?  What is strategy??

14 hours ago, BCS member said:

I think it was a stroke of genius; what I found absurd was the reaction here.

So many folks here seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders; so freaking insecure. The ACC branding themselves as P6 isn't a shot at us, it's punching up.

Those schools want the same thing that so many here seem to want. Personally, I think those who are constantly dreaming of re-alignment scenarios are pathetic. For some reason their self worth/importance is tied to the successes and failures of kids playing games. They need to kick back, take a hit if necessary, and enjoy college athletics.

59 minutes ago, renoskier said:

I think it was a stroke of genius; what I found absurd was the reaction here.

So many folks here seem to have a huge chip on their shoulders; so freaking insecure. The ACC branding themselves as P6 isn't a shot at us, it's an embarrassing attempt at punching up.

Those schools want the same thing that so many here seem to want. Personally, I think those who are constantly dreaming of re-alignment scenarios are pathetic. For some reason their self worth/importance is tied to the successes and failures of kids playing games. They need to kick back, take a hit if necessary, and enjoy college athletics.

Fixed for accuracy.  I don't blame the AAC for trying to market a step up.  Unfortunately it's a lot like me putting on a track suit and hoping that makes people think I'm fast.

"Well, bless his little heart".

I get what they're shooting for, but the thought process was on the same level as "Let's go Rammin'".

11 hours ago, Jack Bauer said:

I don't think anyone thought of you in a good way

who said that was the point? 'there's no such thing as bad publicity'

as long as y'all keep talking about it...the AACs gonna keep on doing it.

mem skyline sig.jpeg