Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RamSack

Hawaii so bad, they offer a 5th Grade QB

22 minutes ago, RamSack said:

It was covered in another thread.  It was just a ceremonial gesture by Rolovich.  He had recruited the kids older brother to Nevada, and the older brother drowned while there.

2 hours ago, Headbutt said:

It was covered in another thread.  It was just a ceremonial gesture by Rolovich.  He had recruited the kids older brother to Nevada, and the older brother drowned while there.

The kid's older brother mentioned in the articles, Jake Lacaden, is not the Nevada player that was lost in the drowning incident in Lake Tahoe. The player who drowned was named Mark Ma. I have no idea if there is any family relation between Ma and Lacaden.  I believe Jake had to stop playing football due to injuries. 

5 hours ago, blind_squirrel54 said:

The kid's older brother mentioned in the articles, Jake Lacaden, is not the Nevada player that was lost in the drowning incident in Lake Tahoe. The player who drowned was named Mark Ma. I have no idea if there is any family relation between Ma and Lacaden.  I believe Jake had to stop playing football due to injuries. 

Thanks for the clarification.  It was reported differently in another thread.  That's what I get for trusting a Hawaii fan.

Well if this was Rolo's plan to get Hawaii more the public eye...he did...

I don't mind the offer, seems to be more common to offer middle schoolers and freshman players. Mack offered a few a few years ago that turned into elite players like Reeve Koehler (8th grade), Kamalei Correa (8th grade) and Faatui Tuitele (9th grade)

Top 5 story on ESPN now...

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/19625713/hawaii-rainbow-warriors-offer-scholarship-fifth-grader

We're using the Penn St method in recruiting. Hey it worked for them.

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

In fifth grade I was really good at sports. Now I'm 42 and I still have four years of eligibility left. Call me, Hawaii.

54 minutes ago, BodyBagGame said:

In fifth grade I was really good at sports. Now I'm 42 and I still have four years of eligibility left. Call me, Hawaii.

sorry we don't have a female mud wrestling team

Disclaimer: Any views or opinions presented by this poster (Warbow) are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the Univesity of Hawaii or it's loyal fans. All quotes and opinions from Warbow are valid for 30 days following the date of post transmission and are subject to change at any time. All information published herein by Warbow is gathered from his own opinions or sources which are thought to be reliable, but the reader should not assume that the information is official or fact.

3 hours ago, Warbow said:

sorry we don't have a female mud wrestling team

Have you tried Jello? Might get a sponsor out of it.