Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fbpack

Darien Williams grad transfer commits to Nevada

16 hours ago, 4UNLV said:

you meant to say,

'congrats! with all that experience, he'll help your team..'

I'm not trying to be a douche, but Musselman is not building a program.  He's trying to build the best team he can on a year-by-year basis so that he can get a better job.  They will not have sustained success once he leaves.  I'd also be willing to bet that he dramatically cuts down on the transfers at his next job.

4 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm not trying to be a douche, but Musselman is not building a program.  He's trying to build the best team he can on a year-by-year basis so that he can get a better job.  They will not have sustained success once he leaves.  I'd also be willing to bet that he dramatically cuts down on the transfers at his next job.

i don't think that's necessarily true. that program was so dead when he took over i think he knew he needed some quick results to generate a little interest. and he got it in spades. he's brought in a definite upgrade in talent, and the better they get, whether it's with transfers, jucos, grad transfers, whatever, with the wins they'll be getting, they will get more interest from the kids in high school, which WILL build their program. it takes time, he's only been there a couple years and has made dramatic improvements. what he HAS done is shown that they can get kids to come to reno, and can get the support from the fans and the community. they're doing fine, and i have no problem picking up a grad transfer here and there. if it means that at some point muss goes somewhere else, so be it, but i think he's doing a great job in turning that program around.

3 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Got em, 3.8 ppg and 2.6 rpg. It helps with frontcourt depth, so that's good. 

Exactly not a game changer but adds needed depth , on the saint johns message board they said he was there best low post defender so should be a nice peice off the bench 

4 hours ago, fbpack said:

Exactly not a game changer but adds needed depth , on the saint johns message board they said he was there best low post defender so should be a nice peice off the bench 

St. John's was not good last year.  I believe they had a losing record in non-conference play.

17 hours ago, ph90702 said:

St. John's was not good last year.  I believe they had a losing record in non-conference play.

Uh-huh. And? 

I know you don't mean to be a douche, but it just comes naturally for you. If you don't want UNLV to sign any transfers, cool, but the Rebel's have had some great high school recruits and look where you're at now. Muss has stated that the recruiting focus will shift towards more HS players, but if a good transfer comes up that fits in with a need, you'd be foolish to pass it up. 

31 minutes ago, Slapdad said:

Uh-huh. And? 

I know you don't mean to be a douche, but it just comes naturally for you. If you don't want UNLV to sign any transfers, cool, but the Rebel's have had some great high school recruits and look where you're at now. Muss has stated that the recruiting focus will shift towards more HS players, but if a good transfer comes up that fits in with a need, you'd be foolish to pass it up. 

Actions speak louder than words. People kept saying Dave Rice was going to turn it around, and he never did.  I eventually gave up on him.

5 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

Actions speak louder than words. People kept saying Dave Rice was going to turn it around, and he never did.  I eventually gave up on him.

Lol, you were the only one saying that you moron. Remember when you were never going to post here again if UNLV didn't win the conference? That was when they finished, what, 8th?

No one on this board has shown they know less about everything than you. 

36 minutes ago, kingpotato said:

Lol, you were the only one saying that you moron. Remember when you were never going to post here again if UNLV didn't win the conference? That was when they finished, what, 8th?

No one on this board has shown they know less about everything than you. 

I'm a king when it comes to weightlifting.  I've put on twelve pounds in three months.  I was 130 lbs. in March, and I will be 160 lbs. by November.

35 minutes ago, ph90702 said:

I'm a king when it comes to weightlifting.  I've put on twelve pounds in three months.  I was 130 lbs. in March, and I will be 160 lbs. by November.

There is just no possible way you're a real person.