Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LoboMan59

Your Top 5 Sports Viewing Bucketlist!

I've been fortunate enough to see many of the things in my lifetime that I had hoped to see.  Ive been to two Super Bowls, both NLCS and ALCS games (including the Rockies' win that propelled them into the World Series in 2007), Ohio State vs.Michigan (2002 game that propelled OSU into the national championship), numerous Stanley Cup games, five World Cup matches at France 98 (including Beckham's debut in Toulouse vs Romania), two Triple Crown winning Belmonts (Secretariat and Seattle Slew), numerous US Opens.

I dont have many things left but the ones still on the list are:

Kentucky Derby

A Liverpool match at Anfield (I'm a lifelong Manchester United fan but have always loved the passion at Anfield, especially with the singing of You'll Never Walk Alone)

The Masters

A chance to play St Andrews

Anything beyond that would be gravy

Event                                                                  Perfect scenario

1. World Cup of Hockey final                                        USA defeats Canada in a best of 3, sans 1996.
  2. Stanley Cup game 7                                                  Minnesota Wild bring the first Stanley Cup Championship to Minnesota.
  3. MWC Football Championship game                        Wyoming finally wins one!
  4. College Football National Championship game     Nebraska Cornhuskers defeat one of my all time college football axis of evil teams (Oklahoma, Miami or Florida State).
  5. World Series game 7                                                 Minnesota Twins winning one more World Championship before I die.  Not holding my breathe on this one.

5 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

This one will be a bit hard to see, given that they're in the same division...

lol. As you can tell, I'm a HUGE baseball fan... ok... change that... make it an either/or  game 7.

"Make a mistake once and it becomes a lesson, make the same mistake twice and it becomes a choice."

Biggest spots events I've attended:

Super Bowl - XXX in Tempe where the Cowboys beat the Steeler's. Tickets free courtesy of Bills owner Ralph Wilson in 1996

World Series - 2001 just after 9/11....Bank One Ballpark (now Chase field) game 2, UNLV's Matt Williams hit a 3 run HR in D-Backs 4-0 win with Randy Johnson on the mound, free tickets from Fox Sports

NFC Championship game - Dallas at San Francisco 1994 where Niners beat Cowboys 38-28 at Candlestick Park

NBA Playoff game - Lakers hosted the Blazers after game moved to Las Vegas Thomas & Mack Center after Rodney King riots

NCAA FB title game - Nebraska smoked Florida 62-24 in Fiesta Bowl in 1996 & 2000 when Tennessee beat Florida St for the title 

NCAA regional game - At Washington St in 1982

Bowl games 

I have been blessed to watch my Lakers and hometown Angels and Ducks all win championships.  My sports bucket list in-person, no particular order.

1. College World Series - been on my list for a few years now.  After watching UC Santa Barbara get to Omaha in 2016, even more so.   

2. NCAA Final Four - preferably rooting for a west coast team.

3. World Series - Dodgers are due at some point.

4. World Cup match - any opponent the U.S. is facing

5. NBA Finals 

7 hours ago, Old_SD_Dude said:

Three of them already accomplished:

1) World Cup Final - Rose Bowl '94

2) USMNT vs Mexico @ Azteca Stadium (2005 WC Qualifier)

3) Man Utd @ Old Trafford (1-0 over Chelsea in '08).

One can no longer happen:

4) San Diego Chargers in Super Bowl

5) Aztecs in Final Four

This coming from a Lobo fan, I think SUDS could make a final four if the local kids stayed and played. You would need a top notch coach to do that though.

16 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

This coming from a Lobo fan, I think SUDS could make a final four if the local kids stayed and played. You would need a top notch coach to do that though.

Hard to get the best of the locals to stay in all sports. Just the way it is. 

Thay Haif Said: Quhat Say Thay? Lat Thame Say

Super bowls are actually pretty boring.  Some pre parties are fun.  Been to A couple olympics.  Fantastic.  Been to a World Cup.  Also fantastic.  Would love to hit a champions league final.  

47 minutes ago, Lobo Amor said:

1. Vikings in Superbowl

2. Game at US Bank stadium (Minnesota Vikings).

3. Lobos in playoff

4. Lobos in final four

5. Stanley cup final

I am doing the second one this year.  :rock:.  And first Gopher game in the Bank for good measure.

1.) UNLV in the Final Four (I'd pay whatever it took)

2.) Summer Olympics (preferably abroad)

3.) Superbowl involving the Las Vegas Raiders

4.) NBA finals 

5.) The Masters (this would probably move to #2 if Tiger made a miracle comeback)

Honorable Mention- Stanley Cup Finals (with the Golden Knights involved it would jump to #4)

No order.

US Open Night match

Wimbledon Final

World Series game 7

Olympic Swimming

The Masters

Runnin' Rebel Final Four

The National Bowling Stadium in Reno

11 hours ago, jdgaucho said:

I have been blessed to watch my Lakers and hometown Angels and Ducks all win championships.  My sports bucket list in-person, no particular order.

1. College World Series - been on my list for a few years now.  After watching UC Santa Barbara get to Omaha in 2016, even more so.   

2. NCAA Final Four - preferably rooting for a west coast team.

3. World Series - Dodgers are due at some point.

4. World Cup match - any opponent the U.S. is facing

5. NBA Finals 

I agree with every single one of those. 

I was fortunate to attend the final four this year in Phoenix, with 2 west coast teams. It made for great entertainment watching those fans and North Carolina fans going at it. (I think South Carolina fans were just thrilled to be there.) but there was an incredible excitement and buzz there from the minute we pulled into the parking lot, I've been to regionals and it was nowhere near the electricity that was at the final four. I'd love to eventually see the rebels back in there, or short of that, any MW team would be fun to go root for. Maybe that will happen when the final four is in Las Vegas. :)

1. Super Bowl
  2. Game 7 of the World Series
  3. NCAA Men's Basketball Championship Game
  4. College Football National Championship Game
  5. AFC Championship game at Heinz Field
5809184128_5cf90ed7dc_b.jpg

No order-

Army/Navy in Philly.

College World Series in Omaha. Just drove past TD Ameritrade on Monday.. gorgeous venue. 

Iditarod finish line in Nome.

Rose Bowl Game, Pasadena

UNC/Duke @ Cameron Indoor

rsz_romney-stadium.jpg

The Kentucky Derby

The Preakness 

The Belmont

Boise State football in the National Championship

Baltimore Orioles win the World Series

Honorable mention:  I'd love to go to Vegas next year for the men's world championship curling tournament.  Yep, I'm a geek who loves curling.

Top 5 That I've Checked Off

1. World Series game in Wrigley Field
  2. Ohio State-Michigan
  3. Rose Bowl
  4. Le Mans
  5. Tri-Nations Rugby (South Africa-NZ in Cape Town)

Top 5 Remaining

1. Monaco Grand Prix
  2. Rugby World Cup Final (Preferably with England playing)
  3. Olympic Gold Medal Hockey Game
  4. Duke-Carolina Basketball
  5. Texas-Oklahoma Football

SteelCityBlue

November 24th, 2018 at 9:10 PM ^

I'm looking forward to a new head coach who isn't a cud-chewing autistic retard.