Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Dr. Dre

San Diego City Council Budget vote

11 minutes ago, aztecbob said:

Apparently there was an email that was seen by media inside Doug Manchester's group proposing revamping the Q for SDSU and then building a large sports arena as well.

We'll see if that is anything other than rumor, but it'd be nice to have a large modern arena.  

Plus that would then allow San Diego to develop the San Diego Sports Arena land, killing two birds with one stone.

At this time I wouldn't rule anything out.  I do think that we can count on few projects to happen for sure.  An Aztec football Stadium of 32,000 or more and a West Campus for San Diego State with at least 36 acres of land.

On 6/6/2017 at 9:40 AM, Dr. Dre said:

Mayor will veto, PROBABLY has the votes to keep the council from overriding his veto (council needs 6 votes), which means the council will vote June 19th to put it on a special election in November. As of today, by all indications the vote would be 5-4 against Sucker City going on a special election ballot in November. Long way to go, but yesterday was a positive for SDSU AND the city of San Diego.

Dre, why not have you and your mom work together to raise the money for an Aztec Stadium with no soccer BS included. Your mom already works hard on (no pun intended) her back all day long, anyway. You can put her to good use and prevent SDSU from moving to an arena football league. You could refer to the fundraising project as Fvcker City. :) 

kat.jpg

1 hour ago, SDSUfan said:

SDSU isn't the city's largest university, UCSD is in every way; students. land area, endowment, economic impact.

Since the plan was/ is to hold a vote the public isn't being "railroaded into anything.

The land is only "valuable" insofar as it stimulates the economy and generates tax revenue. As it now stands, that "vauable" land will be a net negative to he city for the foreseeable future.

And again for the millionth time, SDSU is lying their ass off about  what they plan to do. Not a single fuxing classroom, not a single fuxing academic facility will EVER be built in MV.

Yes, SDSU are the liars.  Your hypothetical "lying" overshadows the literal lying that is on the table in the initiative.

I don't know who is being more hyperbolic between you, Mwc Tex, or kalua pig.  

Guest Dr. Dre
7 hours ago, Wyobraska said:

I still think SDSU is playing it smart and Soccer City is full of shit.  That whole process of trying to jam this one proposal through hurriedly really makes it hard not to question the ethics of Soccer City and the mayor and city representatives as well.  

That land is very valuable and is a major decision for the city and the city's largest university.  It should be handled by professionals and the public should not be railroaded into a hasty decision

I find it hilarious that someone presumably in Wyoming or Nebraska has a better finger on the pulse than a "fan" of SDSU. You are 100% spot on. The city council should be applauded for delaying this for competing plans, and the mayor should be absolutely ashamed for trying to saddle the city with FSI. His political career and ambition for a governor run are over. This is a generational decision. 

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, aztecbob said:

Apparently there was an email that was seen by media inside Doug Manchester's group proposing revamping the Q for SDSU and then building a large sports arena as well.

We'll see if that is anything other than rumor, but it'd be nice to have a large modern arena.  

Plus that would then allow San Diego to develop the San Diego Sports Arena land, killing two birds with one stone.

He's an idiot, and to be taken with a grain of salt but go to the 6/19 6pm hour and skip to 36:00. He's an angry little elf. Listen to him blow FSI in yesterday's 5pm hour harder than @Nevada Convert's sister after being pimped out on facebook

http://www.mighty1090.com/podcast/scott-and-br-full-shows/

Guest Dr. Dre
6 hours ago, SDSUfan said:

And again for the millionth time, SDSU is lying their ass off about  what they plan to do. Not a single fuxing classroom, not a single fuxing academic facility will EVER be built in MV.

Man. I didn't know someone could look so stupid for a millionth time. Oh wait, I forgot about @Nevada Convert. You're in rare company!

29 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

I find it hilarious that someone presumably in Wyoming or Nebraska has a better finger on the pulse than a "fan" of SDSU. You are 100% spot on. The city council should be applauded for opening this up for competing plans, and the mayor should be absolutely ashamed for trying to saddle the city with FSI. His political career and ambition for a governor run are over. This is a generational decision. 

The city council has done no such thing. They only voted to delay a vote. Read the article. The council does not have the authority to issue a RFP. That being TRUE, all they managed to accomplish is delay, confuse and complicate the situation. How this helps SDSU is a mystery to me.

“Science is the belief in the ignorance of experts.”

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest Dr. Dre
2 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

The city council has done no such thing. They only voted to delay a vote. Read the article. The council does not have the authority to issue a RFP. That being TRUE, all they managed to accomplish is delay, confuse and complicate the situation. How this helps SDSU is a mystery to me.

It came across wrong. I'll re-word it. They should be applauded for STOPPING or DELAYING the initiative

17 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

Man. I didn't know someone could look so stupid for a millionth time. Oh wait, I forgot about @Nevada Convert. You're in rare company!

Show me where SDSU says they plan to build academic facilities. You cannot.

Dorms, parking lots, stadiums, leasable office space for a non profit, subsidized housing for state employees, none of these things are academic facilities. ALL of these things are revenue generation for a STATE  GOVERNMENT institution.

-Richard Feynman

"When buying and selling are controlled by legislation, the first things to be bought and sold are legislators."

-P.J. O’Rourke

3 minutes ago, Dr. Dre said:

It came across wrong. I'll re-word it. They should be applauded for STOPPING or DELAYING the initiative

Q: What's easier than stopping or delaying a large scale project in San Diego?

A: NOTHING

Q: What's harder than getting a large scale project built in San Diego?

SDSU fuxed itself....hard and fast.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Q: What's easier than stopping or delaying a large scale project in San Diego?

Q: What's harder than getting a large scale project built in San Diego?

SDSU fuxed itself....hard and fast.

LOLOL

You can still catch some San Diego socccer "fan". Aztecs even have TWO teams that play on campus! Same goes for USD, UCSD, and Torrey Pines High!

LOLOLOLOL

Guest Dr. Dre
4 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

fuxed itself....hard and fast.

let's keep your ole lady out of the thread

lololololololol

Guest Dr. Dre
13 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

Show me where SDSU says they plan to build academic facilities. You cannot.

Dorms, parking lots, stadiums, leasable office space for a non profit, subsidized housing for state employees, none of these things are academic facilities. ALL of these things are revenue generation for a STATE  GOVERNMENT institution.

there's plenty of info out there on the world wide web. go find it yourself. 

Guest Dr. Dre
5 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

it is a treat to laugh at. kalua pig is coming across as the brainiac

6 hours ago, East Coast Aztec said:

Yes, SDSU are the liars.  Your hypothetical "lying" overshadows the literal lying that is on the table in the initiative.

No. Its an actual lie or at best a cynical misrepresentation of their "plan".

Now, Enron Jack wants to try and make nice down at city hall, AFTER he has served his real master, and try to get SDSU back on the chess board.  The University has done itself a major disservice by allowing a corrupt,incompetent politician that dann near destroyed the city when he was in power, be its lead spokesperson.

-Richard Feynman

-P.J. O’Rourke

27 minutes ago, SDSUfan said:

No. Its an actual lie or at best a cynical misrepresentation of their "plan".

Now, Enron Jack wants to try and make nice down at city hall, AFTER he has served his real master, and try to get SDSU back on the chess board.  The University has done itself a major disservice by allowing a corrupt,incompetent politician that dann near destroyed the city when he was in power, be its lead spokesperson.

Please elaborate on the first sentence.  Have they said they are putting a new college there?  How about a major lecture hall?  I have been led to believe it has been for housing students and faculty, consolidating off-site space, and to increase space for academic and office space while they finagle their way through the Cal State procedures for expansion through the master plan.  I have been led to believe that Mission Valley is for them to naturally grow into it, instead of piece-mealing space throughout the city.

FSI has done itself a major disservice by allowing a corrupt,incompetent politician be its lead spokesperson, while blatantly using borderline unethical marketing tactics, while manipulating the financial, leasing, and reversionary aspects of the initiative.  But go ahead, be mad at SDSU  :rotflmfao:

CSU system looking for a real estate/development expert...

https://m.sandiegoreader.com/news/2017/jun/20/ticker-sdsus-very-own-bulldozer-city/?templates=mobile

must be a coincidence... :rolleyes:

Now that the mayor was dumb enough to release the "fair market value" for that land publicly the CSU system would be irresponsible if it didn't buy it at that cheap of a price.

7 minutes ago, k5james said:

https://m.sandiegoreader.com/news/2017/jun/20/ticker-sdsus-very-own-bulldozer-city/?templates=mobile

Now that the mayor was dumb enough to release the "fair market value" for that land publicly the CSU system would be irresponsible if it didn't buy it at that cheap of a price.

coincidence. 

7 hours ago, k5james said:

7 hours ago, fanhood said:

coincidence. 

SDSUfan is about to tell us how the CSU system, the largest University system in the  country, cannot afford to purchase land for campus space.

5812325590_be8c597a4b_b.jpg