Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

2017 MWC Football Predictions

Agree with everything you're saying.  However, I'm going to dismiss the past and judge Bobo on this season.  Mac was a hell of a coach, but really a pretty poor recruiter.  He left Bobo some serious holes to fill.  Then we went from the Marty 3-4 to the Summer 4-3 and then back to the Marty 3-4 with all new faces.  Mac just didn't seem to give a crap about recruiting D.  D wins championships, but O get's you noticed by the SEC.  

Bobo finally has Bobo's team.  This is the year to judge.

1 hour ago, Headbutt said:

Agree with everything you're saying.  However, I'm going to dismiss the past and judge Bobo on this season.  Mac was a hell of a coach, but really a pretty poor recruiter.  He left Bobo some serious holes to fill.  Then we went from the Marty 3-4 to the Summer 4-3 and then back to the Marty 3-4 with all new faces.  Mac just didn't seem to give a crap about recruiting D.  D wins championships, but O get's you noticed by the SEC.  

Bobo finally has Bobo's team.  This is the year to judge.

I haven't followed CSU's post-game reports so you know better than I do. For us it seems that Bohl is doing everything they've set out to do and in the manner he said they'll do it. So at the surface it seems like we're in for good times.

He made a certain promise to someone in office, and to me that will be the deciding factor of whether or not our coaching staff is the real deal at this level (he's proven more than enough at the FCS level). They have two years to make good on that promise so I guess only time will tell. B)

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

Guest Dr. Dre
4 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Brian Hill declared for the draft and was picked up by the Atlanta Falcons. The team played competitively in the games they needed to, but fell short in the MWCC and the bowl game. They lost both games by three points.

At the height of their performance, mid-way through the season, they had one of the best turnover margins in the nation and were tied only with Alabama for the most defensive touchdowns in the country. They sustained a couple critical injuries on the d-line which I think ultimately resulted in the drop of their performance. Our d-line was salty and constantly on the attack which was reflected against CSU and AFA.

The good news is, we only have 3 defensive starters that are not returning in 2017 and we finally have a defense that looks and plays like a Division I defense. I think this will pay dividends in the season to come.

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Guest Dr. Dre
2 hours ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

In my world coaching is everything in college football. You can have all the talent in the world but without a competent and robust coaching staff a team won't amount to much. No amount of stars, new facilities, or fan support will win those much needed critical games for you.  

It's been my experience that when you're on the fence about a coaching staff, that typically is not a good sign. At this level of play they either have it or they don't. Take Jim McElwain for example, even as a bystander it was pretty clear that they knew how to build a winning organization. After season 2, (considering where CSU came from), I don't think there was much doubt in anyone's mind.

In my opinion, the best way to judge a staff is to evaluate them based on whether or not they're accomplishing what they're saying they're going to do and how they're going to do it. If they're hitting the marks consistently then you're in for a good ride.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

I haven't followed CSU's post-game reports so you know better than I do. For us it seems that Bohl is doing everything they've set out to do and in the manner he said they'll do it. So at the surface it seems like we're in for good times.

He made a certain promise to someone in office, and to me that will be the deciding factor of whether or not our coaching staff is the real deal at this level (he's proven more than enough at the FCS level). They have two years to make good on that promise so I guess only time will tell. B)

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

On 6/5/2017 at 1:37 PM, k5james said:

These are predictions based on a "proprietary" formula I have.  While these aren't 100% what I believe will happen they've been pretty accurate the last few years.  

Here they are...

MOUNTAIN

BSU 8-0

CSU 7-1 (BSU)

WYO 6-2 (BUS, CSU)

AFA 4-4 (SDSU, CSU, WYO, BSU)

USU 3-5 (CSU, WYO, BSU, HAW, AFA)

UNM 2-6 (BSU, AFA,  CSU, WYO,  USU,  SDSU)

WEST

SDSU 7-1 (BSU)

HAW 5-3 (WYO, CSU, SDSU)

UNLV 3-5 (SDSU, AFA, USU, HAW, UNM)

UNR 2-6 (HAW, CSU, AFA, BSU, SDSU, UNLV)

FS 1-7 (erbody but SJSU)

SJSU 0-8 (erbody)

#sjsu #worstintheMWC #kickoutsjsu 

Fresno_State_Jim_Sweeny_Field_(_Bulldog_Stadium).jpg

On 6/16/2017 at 11:51 AM, creeper86 said:

SJS rolls WYO.... haven't lost to that club since joining this crap league... rolled the 2nd best QB in the history of the school in Brett "early entry FA" Smith, next up Heisman hopeful and 20th best QB in the land, Tosh Scalion

Bump 

@Joe from WY @Wyo Drifter @poke em @happycamper @NorthWestCowboy @HiCountryCowboy@SLCPoke @nashvillepoke@Wyovanian @LaradiseCowboy @WyomingCoog @Wyobraska

43 minutes ago, TheTedfordTrain said:

Unless SJSU learns how to stop the halfback dive and power qb dive 30 times a game, they are in trouble.  Lord knows our OC doesn't know any other plays than those.

34 minutes ago, fanhood said:

I was a reasonable prediction at the time.

Took a big risk with that prediction. All that young energy from the newly hired Outside Wide Receivers coach I kept hearing about from SJSU fans worried me a bit. Young energy! 

20 minutes ago, Dimwhit said:

You know, the OP wasn't that far off with the Mountain division.

Again, please learn the proper name: SEC Mountain 

There are only two things I can't stand in this world: people who are intolerant of other people's cultures and the Dutch. 

54 minutes ago, nashvillepoke said:

Unless SJSU learns how to stop the halfback dive and power qb dive 30 times a game, they are in trouble.  Lord knows our OC doesn't know any other plays than those.

@creeper86 Defend your team, you pussy. Your balls have sucked up this year. 

4 minutes ago, creeper86 said:

Wyoming's terrible..worst 7-4 team in the nation, with a horrendous O....Sparty best 1-11 team in the nation; SJS by 20 for win #2. Good enough for you booth boy?

Oh, man. That seemed forced. What a pity case. #worstteaminmwchistory

5 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

I mean what do you wan't?  An honest defense of SJSU this season?  Forced sarcasm is the best you are going to get, even from creeps.

I don’t expect anything. I just enjoy his butt cheek clinching posts after talking all that shit preseason then getting emasculated.