Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

k5james

2017 MWC Football Predictions

On 6/5/2017 at 2:37 PM, k5james said:

These are predictions based on a "proprietary" formula I have.  While these aren't 100% what I believe will happen they've been pretty accurate the last few years.  

Here they are...

MOUNTAIN

BSU 8-0

CSU 7-1 (BSU)

WYO 6-2 (BUS, CSU)

AFA 4-4 (SDSU, CSU, WYO, BSU)

USU 3-5 (CSU, WYO, BSU, HAW, AFA)

UNM 2-6 (BSU, AFA,  CSU, WYO,  USU,  SDSU)

WEST

SDSU 7-1 (BSU)

HAW 5-3 (WYO, CSU, SDSU)

UNLV 3-5 (SDSU, AFA, USU, HAW, UNM)

UNR 2-6 (HAW, CSU, AFA, BSU, SDSU, UNLV)

FS 1-7 (erbody but SJSU)

SJSU 0-8 (erbody)

care to share your formula?

These are predictions based on a "proprietary" formula I have.  While these aren't 100% what I believe will happen they've been pretty accurate the last few years.  

Here they are...

MOUNTAIN

BSU 8-0

CSU 7-1 (BSU)

WYO 6-2 (BUS, CSU)

WEST

SDSU 7-1 (BSU)

HAW 5-3 (WYO, CSU, SDSU)

FS 1-7 (erbody but SJSU)

SJSU 0-8 (erbody)

I'll take it!

16 hours ago, fanhood said:

I think UNR is going to be good in a few years, but all three teams with new coaches are going to experience significant growing pains

Or in the case of SJSU with its bad coaching hire, significant non-growing pains.

If James is correct, 2017 goan be a really disappointing season in Albuquerque.

Boom goes the dynamite.

I can't wait for Wyoming to come visit on the Blue. Partly because I miss seeing the Brown & Gold in person, but mostly because I think the winner will likely finish on top of the division.

I don't get the hype surrounding CSU. Will they be improved? Sure. But so will Wyo and BSU... I don't see how they can close the gap on those 2. I think they'll lose to both.

I also think Air Force will be better than most project. I can't imagine the meltdown around Boise if they lose to AFA again...

6 hours ago, misplacedcowboy said:

I can't wait for Wyoming to come visit on the Blue. Partly because I miss seeing the Brown & Gold in person, but mostly because I think the winner will likely finish on top of the division.

I don't get the hype surrounding CSU. Will they be improved? Sure. But so will Wyo and BSU... I don't see how they can close the gap on those 2. I think they'll lose to both.

I also think Air Force will be better than most project. I can't imagine the meltdown around Boise if they lose to AFA again...

I'll reserve my opinion on Boise for a while.  Wyo will not be better.

The hype on CSU is because I picked them to win the SEC Mtn, and the pundits listen.  Just sayin'.

3 hours ago, Headbutt said:

The hype on CSU is because I picked them to win the SEC Mtn, and the pundits listen.  Just sayin'.

I think you have the green and gold glasses on....Wyos offensive line returns 4 starters and almost the entire defense (who were quite young). There is some young talent at the RB spot (thanks for messing up the Milo Hall situation so we could have him....could be added to the list of players CSU missed on that comes back to bite them, at least I hope!). We have young WRs but there is talent. Wyoming may not make an 11-1 jump but I'd be surprised if they don't get to 9-3ish. A lot is going to depend on how Josh Allen responds to the hype. If he's humble and uses it as a springboard to improve then I see 10-2. If he has his head in the clouds I see 8-4. 

Anyway. I'm expecting 7-5 because I've become accustomed to losing in my lifetime as a Pokes fan, but I'll still be at a ton of games and hope for the best! 

tetons1.jpg

10 hours ago, Headbutt said:

That is quite a reach considering we will return the most starters off the youngest team  in the league.     I'm thinking we'll be better.   Maybe not a big increase in offensive production (but this will be Allen's 2nd year and he'll be playing behind a veteran line), but the D will be greatly improved.

Go Pokes!!

Guest Dr. Dre
1 hour ago, CO_Poke said:

That is quite a reach considering we will return the most starters off the youngest team  in the league.     I'm thinking we'll be better.   Maybe not a big increase in offensive production (but this will be Allen's 2nd year and he'll be playing behind a veteran line), but the D will be greatly improved.

Go Pokes!!

6-6, 7-5 3rd in Mountin

Csu won't beat Wyoming  because we block so special

Remember that every argument you have with someone on MWCboard is actually the continuation of a different argument they had with someone else also on MWCboard. 

3 hours ago, Dr. Dre said:

6-6, 7-5 3rd in Mountin

Coming from you....that is a compliment.   We will see how things unfold in about 2 1/2 months.

Guest Dr. Dre
6 minutes ago, CO_Poke said:

Coming from you....that is a compliment. 

No. Its a realistic prediction from someone not as stupid as WHYome fans. Your team is NOT that good.

6-6 is about right

Here they are...

MOUNTAIN

BSU 8-0

CSU 7-1 (BSU)

WYO 6-2 (BUS, CSU)

WEST

SDSU 7-1 (BSU)

HAW 5-3 (WYO, CSU, SDSU)

FS 1-7 (erbody but SJSU)

SJSU 0-8 (erbody)

Trash the proprietary formula.  My Pokes are not losing the the Rams in Laramie.

The World Needs More Cowboys!

Guest Dr. Dre
3 minutes ago, LaradiseCowboy said:

Put it in the books. Wyoming's defense will have the best turnover margin in the conference. 

LOL

Guest Dr. Dre
1 minute ago, pokebball said:

The point is about you and what your opinion means to us. 

the point is you dumb dumbs do the same thing every year- spout off about how good WHY is going to be. "We're this", "we have that", "we'll do this". My opinion SHOULD mean something to you- its based on reality. The reality that you're not that good of a team.