Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BSUTOP25

Opinions on Paris Treaty

Given all the hubbub on Facebook, I'm surprised there isn't more discussion regarding Trump's move to back out of the Paris accords on our favorite and most trusted news source, the MWCBoard Non Sports Forum. Thoughts, opinions, jack's DNC talking points?

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

1 minute ago, Joe from WY said:

Yeah. If I were making money off of it in huge subsidies I'd probably urge him to stay in too. 

"I swear to god I'll leave the government if you take away the market distortion for my rich guy luxury battery cars!"

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

3 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

Peace........is there truly such a thing when it comes to politics?

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge. War endures. As well ask men what they think of stone. War was always here. Before man was, war waited for him. The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner. That is the way it was and will be. That way and not some other way.

We’re all sitting in the dugout. Thinking we should pitch. How you gonna throw a shutout when all you do is bitch.

Don't +++++ with the free market and have faith in American entrepreneurs.  We are already on pace to drastically lower our carbon footprint.  Let the market and the science continue their erotic dance partnership.  It has done us well so far. 

14 minutes ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

Don't +++++ with the free market and have faith in American entrepreneurs.  We are already on pace to drastically lower our carbon footprint.  Let the market and the science continue their erotic dance partnership.  It has done us well so far. 

Pffffftt <_<

Ok, If you say so..............

Those are the last people that I want to trust at the moment!

Just now, ExplorerSunDevil said:

<_< 

Ok, If you say so..............

We are living in the greatest age of peace, prosperity and advancement in the history of man, fueled in greatest part by American capitalism and ability to project global overwhelming force you spoiled uneducated troglodyte.

1 minute ago, halfmanhalfbronco said:

We are living in the greatest age of peace, prosperity and advancement in the history of man, fueled in greatest part by American capitalism and ability to project global overwhelming force you spoiled uneducated troglodyte.

Aww come on, was that totally necessary?

I mean why trust American entrepreneurs and capitalists?  I mean nothing worse than those SOB's who have been successful operating in a system that let the greater global community sleep more securely at night than than other group in human history.  Nothing worse than living in the greatest age of advancement and security we have seen to date. 

I know that climate change exists, but I have yet to see any compelling evidence that we can change it by our behavior.  If they could definitively prove that, then I'm down with this stuff.  The scientists that study these things are good at telling us what is happening, but not why.  The Earth has always gone through stages of increase and decrease of the surface temperature.

I really want us to invest in us, so I'm not down with sending 100 billion to other countries to "help out" with their climate change problems.  I think if they're interested in that, they can fund their own "help".  I'm tired of us subsidizing the world in pretty much everything.  I'd like to see us take better care of our own first.

I don't know what the best thing is in this instance.  I'm down with new innovation and things that reduce our carbon footprint and help us to have cleaner energy, but again, I'm not entirely convinced that doing all of that would change much.  I think the Earth is going to do what it does.  It was only 10-15000 years ago that we were in an Ice Age.

Image result for jim mcmahon with lavell edwardsImage result for byu logoImage result for byu boise state end zone hail maryc07489bb8bb7f5bad3672877f8b04f34.jpg

6 minutes ago, thelawlorfaithful said:

Aww come on, was that totally necessary?

Search Results

troglodyte
ˈtrɒɡlədʌɪt/
noun

1. (especially in Reno, NV) a person who lives in a cave and pushes elderly women at sporting events.
    • a hermit.
    • a person who is regarded as being deliberately ignorant or old-fashioned and physically aggressive toward grandmothers.

bsu_retro_bsu_logo_helmet.b_1.jpg

4 minutes ago, Jack Bauer said:

I know that climate change exists, but I have yet to see any compelling evidence that we can change it by our behavior.  If they could definitively prove that, then I'm down with this stuff.  The scientists that study these things are good at telling us what is happening, but not why.  The Earth has always gone through stages of increase and decrease of the surface temperature.

I really want us to invest in us, so I'm not down with sending 100 billion to other countries to "help out" with their climate change problems.  I think if they're interested in that, they can fund their own "help".  I'm tired of us subsidizing the world in pretty much everything.  I'd like to see us take better care of our own first.

I don't know what the best thing is in this instance.  I'm down with new innovation and things that reduce our carbon footprint and help us to have cleaner energy, but again, I'm not entirely convinced that doing all of that would change much.  I think the Earth is going to do what it does.  It was only 10-15000 years ago that we were in an Ice Age.

Humans producing carbon at the amounts we are producing is not good.  Period.  Pollution is bad.  Period.  Of far greater concern is the toxicity and pollution of the our oceans IMHO than the amount of carbon in the air.

The alarmism is just that.  For ever article about our dying waters their are 20 on carbon levels.  Ask yourself why.

2 minutes ago, ExplorerSunDevil said:

America has certainly had great entrepreneurs in the past, I am just a bit skeptical of the ones in the present times.

As was every liberal before you since the 50's.  Do not buy the shit being forced down your throat.  The drive for profits and wealth is driving scientific advancement at great rates.  Those advancements move our civilization forward  We are living in some amazing times. Enjoy it.

The biggest fear I have is that culture and expected norms will not keep pace with science.