Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

badfish

Total MWC titles since 2013

1 hour ago, #1Stunner said:

^^^  Looks at packed gyms for Hawaii and BYU volleyball....

Then looks down at his shitkickers he's wearing.

"Volleyball is at the bottom of the list".

#wyomingtotheBigSky

You should call Tom Burman about the move to the Big Sky. I'd like to hear what he has to say about your idea and BYU volleyball.

Union.jpg.6989c32e721d578d3952602294d1af90.jpgCampus500x283.jpg.208ead7433af78ce44bb775b8561f0c7.jpg

Snowies.jpg.8548e47a8f188d64d1a93ecde4744b11.jpgIMG_1401.JPG.cfa8ec5eeb3ac75f090d8d5e59dd0805.JPG

2 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Not impressed by some of these MWC only sponsoring 5-6 Men's sports.  

That is pathetic.

It all comes down to men's track.  Counts for 3 sports on that list.  Indoor, outdoor & cross country. 

7 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

The Big West is now sponsoring men's volleyball, and will start its own league in 2018 (breaking off from the MPSF):

http://www.offtheblockblog.com/2016/05/big-west-conference-to-add-mens-volleyball-starting-in-2018/

CSUN, Hawai’i, Long Beach State, UC Irvine, UC Santa Barbara, UC San Diego 

I'm also surprised that SDSU isn't participating in Men's Volleyball.  They'd dominate. 

We used  to have a team, won the 1973 national championship.

15 hours ago, wolfan8431 said:

Looks like we're starting to see some parity.  2016-2017 titles

1. UNLV   5

2. BSU    4

3. CSU    3

4. SDSU  3

5. NM      2

6. NEV    2

7. SJSU  2

8. USU   2

9. AFA   1

10. FSU 0

11. WYO 0 

Parity? Not really. Whyo's still a zero. Literally. They'll likely do fine when they're in the Mountain Sky Conference, however. Maybe middle of the pack even.

Boom goes the dynamite.

5 hours ago, RogueStout said:

SDSU literally Stanford. 

Not literally true but as a Bronco, you're on the right track.

SDSU IS almost exactly between Stanford and Boise State academically. Stanford about #5 nationally, SDSU #142 and Boise about #279.

Boom goes the dynamite.

14 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

SDSU IS almost exactly between Stanford and Boise State academically. Stanford about #5 nationally, SDSU #142 and Boise about #279.

I wish the actual comparison were true, but Boise isn't as far from SDSU in research, academics, alumni success or global impact as SDSU is from Stanford.  

19 minutes ago, SleepingGiantsFan said:

Congrats I am sure that is helping you with the topic at hand.

lamb-with-human-face-150331-670.jpg?itok

15 hours ago, #1Stunner said:

Member Baseball Basketball Cross
country
Football Golf Tennis Track
& Field
Indoor
Track
& Field
Outdoor
Total
MW
Sports
Air Force Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick 8
Boise State Red X[a] Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick 7
Fresno State Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick 8
Colorado State Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Green tick Green tick 6
Nevada Green tick Green tick Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Red X 5
UNLV Green tick Green tick Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Red X 5
New Mexico Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick 8
San Diego State Green tick Green tick Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Red X 5
San Jose State Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Red X Red X 5
Utah State Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick 7
Wyoming Red X Green tick Green tick Green tick Green tick Red X Green tick Green tick 6
Totals 7 11 8 11 11 8 7 7 70
Affiliate Members
Hawai'i       Green tick         1

Not sure why tennis is marked x for CSU...

http://www.csurams.com/sports/w-tennis/sched/csu-w-tennis-sched.html

22 hours ago, kingpotato said:

Can anyone imagine the arrogance Wyofan would have if they actually won anything?

This recent wyoming behavior is nothing new around here.  Before the WAC imploded we got to hear how great they were and how Joe Glenn, Dave Christiansen or Dana Dimell were the saviors.  How amazing their garbage facilities were, or how great some POS quarterback of theirs was (remember Brett Smith? LOL) and blah, blah, blah.  

Most of the time it was that dumb ass @Cowboy Junky leading the charge.  I've never seen a fan base with so little to stand on yet they have you believe they are one of the "it" schools of this conference.  Big Sky is where the Wyoming cowboys should always have been. I've been saying that for years.

Finished stadium 2017B.jpg